ADVERTISEMENT

Let's trash Iowa State

hawkeyekid

HR Legend
Dec 2, 2001
How can Otzelberger win? He was horrible at UNLV.

What if we go back to Lickliter? We will be doomed.

How many tourneys in a row has ISU been in?

I hate the Cyclones and everyone who defends sticking with this coach.

I respect Iowa State’s coach and especially this year’s Iowa State team for the simple fact they’re not just out there throwing up 3s and hoping to win that way. Their focus is on defense … a smothering, in your face, break your will type defense similar to an Iowa football defense. Good for them that it’s working. Doesn’t mean I’m rooting for them, but I respect how they play.

5 sweet 16's since Iowa's last one. Even if the next coach fails TJ is proof you can fire the guy and turn it around immediately with the right hire in the portal era. Time for Iowa to make men's bball a priority again. The Davis Lickliter fear mentality is ridiculous

I respect Iowa State’s coach and especially this year’s Iowa State team for the simple fact they’re not just out there throwing up 3s and hoping to win that way. Their focus is on defense … a smothering, in your face, break your will type defense similar to an Iowa football defense. Good for them that it’s working. Doesn’t mean I’m rooting for them, but I respect how they play.
I will root against them with my last breath. And they play winning basketball.

I hate isu with the best of them but they have earned everything they have achieved. That is a university that is willing to go all in to win. Must be nice...

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
5 sweet 16's since Iowa's last one. Even if the next coach fails TJ is proof you can fire the guy and turn it around immediately with the right hire in the portal era. Time for Iowa to make men's bball a priority again. The Davis Lickliter fear mentality is ridiculous

1000% this!

Cowards think that the wrong hire is a death sentence. Look what ISU did with the next hire after a dud?

Heck look what we did after the Lick disaster! Fran has us competitive pretty quickly and that was in the era where you couldn't bring in immediate transfer players for a quick turnaround.

If the next coach is Lick 2.0.... hire another coach. It's that simple.

Unless you enjoy mediocrity and hoping to be 1 and done in the NCAA tournament. LOL

Anyone who wouldn’t take Pretzleburger is lying.

The current spin by the Fran fans is Fran is on the cusp of getting to the sweet16 with Freeman/Harding.---Maybe next year.

Not only does Fran have 0-14 years of sweet16s at Iowa, he was 0-14 years before that at his other schools. I tend to believe in probabilities/percentages and the trend says Fran is not ever going to do anything special.

To be fair, Fran by accident ought to be able to make a Sweet16 eventually---just takes someone to knock out a high seed or some players to get hot for a game. The game we lost to UT a few years ago, we came close.

Fran's system is flawed though. There is no way he can make a run beyond the Sweet16 because of our roster makeup/lack of defense. TJ on otherhand...damn him...he might get to Elite8.

I think I just vomited in my mouth agreeing with this. Makes me sick and jealous at the same time

Holy crap. Hate the Clones but how can you deny what a coach does?

His tight shirts and constant flexing is silly but he can recruit and coach. He should have gotten the job when the hired Prohm who was a bozo.

He was always going to work at Iowa State. Was Hoiberg’s lead recruiter and did a great job at that in Washington. Iowa State had great basketball tradition and as much as I dislike their fan base I can admit it.

How can Otzelberger win? He was horrible at UNLV.

What if we go back to Lickliter? We will be doomed.

How many tourneys in a row has ISU been in?

I hate the Cyclones and everyone who defends sticking with this coach.
ITT we trash their colors because they're ketchup and mustard and they even know how bad it is, since they keep using their black unis.

Someone should punch Cy the mascot in the face and make it a gif.

I would sign him in a second. Face it, we are not even in the same universe with ISU in recruiting, defense and fan base. Iowa fans are no longer enjoying Iowa basketball and the time to change is NOW! Hopefully we can save Dix, Freeman and Harding. We just need a few rebounders and a defense. Fran is not going to get us there!

Reactions: ObeseMuffins
The current spin by the Fran fans is Fran is on the cusp of getting to the sweet16 with Freeman/Harding.---Maybe next year.

Not only does Fran have 0-14 years of sweet16s at Iowa, he was 0-14 years before that at his other schools. I tend to believe in probabilities/percentages and the trend says Fran is not ever going to do anything special.

To be fair, Fran by accident ought to be able to make a Sweet16 eventually---just takes someone to knock out a high seed or some players to get hot for a game. The game we lost to UT a few years ago, we came close.

Fran's system is flawed though. There is no way he can make a run beyond the Sweet16 because of our roster makeup/lack of defense. TJ on otherhand...damn him...he might get to Elite8.
I asked this question on a different post but you conveniently dodged it. How many combined S16s have UNCG, Lehigh, and Siena appeared in?

Didn't Lick have the same philosophy? But evidently he sucked as a coach and recruiter. No one wanted to play for him and we had a turnstyle of players.

I asked this question on a different post but you conveniently dodged it. How many combined S16s have UNCG, Lehigh, and Siena appeared in?
Without looking it up, I'd say 0. So Fran is only 0-14 at schools that could expect a Sweet 16 once in a while, not 0-28. I don't know if that makes it better, but at least you made your point.

Without looking it up, I'd say 0. So Fran is only 0-14 at schools that could expect a Sweet 16 once in a while, not 0-28. I don't know if that makes it better, but at least you made your point.
Yeah, that is the point. He’s failed at Iowa, no argument from me. But there’s no reason to make it seem worse by tacking on his years at power level colleges.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT