ADVERTISEMENT

Liberals: “Is it time to torch the Constitution?”

Eat shit Traitor. Scum.

I'm not supporting the man who attempted a coup. I'm simply looking at our political system and noting that it's not running very well in comparison to others.

Were people who wanted to dump the Articles of Confederation traitors? Maybe you are the traitor since you clearly prefer the constitution to the Articles of Confederation.

Last edited:
I'm not supporting the man who attempted a coup. I'm simply looking at our political system and noting that it's not running very well in comparison to others.

Were people who wanted to dump the Articles of Confederation traitors? Maybe you are the traitor since you clearly prefer the constitution to the Articles of Confederation.
You are wrong.

Reactions: ICHerky
I wouldn't use the term torch it as it's an important historical document in our nation's history but I do think we need to scrap it and start over.

It has multiple flaws that have become clear over the course of my lifetime.
What would you point out as the flaws?

What would you point out as the flaws?

Lifetime appointment for federal judges
Lack of requirement that nominations for judges or cabinet posts actually receive a up or down vote
A nearly impossible to accomplish amendment process.
Single member district representation guaranteeing that politics will always be dominated completely by only 2 parties
Compounding that is allowing the state legislatures to draw their own districts
An over powered upper house chamber (Most upper houses in modern Republics and Constitutional Monarchies lack power of the purse)
Electoral college system which now causes elections to essentially be decided by a small handful of the country.

I wouldn't use the term torch it as it's an important historical document in our nation's history but I do think we need to scrap it and start over.

It has multiple flaws that have become clear over the course of my lifetime.
Look at it from the 10k foot view. Now would be a terrible time to undertake such a move.

Of course you could do better. But we've been able to say that for the entirety of its existence, basically.

It's enacting the spirit of the document through cooperation that gets you something. Documents are only as good as their executors.

Look at it from the 10k foot view. Now would be a terrible time to undertake such a move.

Of course you could do better. But we've been able to say that for the entirety of its existence, basically.

It's enacting the spirit of the document through cooperation that gets you something. Documents are only as good as their executors.

The biggest thing for me is that splitting up power between multiple parties and making the changes that would allow for that would likely lead to more good executors in power.

A big reason we have such bad executioners in power is that everything has become this gigantic 1 on 1 clash of ideologies between two parties that creates an incentive to excuse anything my own party did while attacking everything no matter how inconsequential the other party did.

Multiple parties means running on your own merits and not spending your entire time tearing down others.

The 2 party system is a big reason why we have terrible executioners. Every aspect of life is now some political war.

Lifetime appointment for federal judges
Lack of requirement that nominations for judges or cabinet posts actually receive a up or down vote
A nearly impossible to accomplish amendment process.
Single member district representation guaranteeing that politics will always be dominated completely by only 2 parties
Compounding that is allowing the state legislatures to draw their own districts
An over powered upper house chamber (Most upper houses in modern Republics and Constitutional Monarchies lack power of the purse)
Electoral college system which now causes elections to essentially be decided by a small handful of the country.
The Constitution was designed to protect the citizens from the Government not the Government from the Citizens. Most of what you just gave are Government issues and not "The People" issues.

What you want are laws voted in by the legislative branch. Which you will never get because you won't find a voted official willing to put restrictions on themselves. I've said it before. Everyone needs to vote (every) incumbent out of every election for the next 10 years. We the people need to get control back and make the Government live by the Constitution.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
All the small population states are just dying to vote away their rights so people that shit in the streets can tell them house to live.

Good luck.

The Constitution was designed to protect the citizens from the Government not the Government from the Citizens. Most of what you just gave are Government issues and not "The People" issues.

What you want are laws voted in by the legislative branch. Which you will never get because you won't find a voted official willing to put restrictions on themselves. I've said it before. Everyone needs to vote (every) incumbent out of every election for the next 10 years. We the people need to get control back and make the Government live by the Constitution.

None except for maybe state legislatures drawing the lines are legislative issues.

The bill of rights portion of the constitution was designed to protect people from the government. And I havn't suggested taking away any of those rights.

However much of the constitution is just a formula for how the federal government will operate. The formula is not working in 2024.

None except for maybe state legislatures drawing the lines are legislative issues.

The bill of rights portion of the constitution was designed to protect people from the government. And I havn't suggested taking away any of those rights.

However much of the constitution is just a formula for how the federal government will operate. The formula is not working in 2024.
The formula does work. It "we the People" who are failing. We are electing over and over, the people who just want power and not work for the voters. Vote Blue no matter who, vote Red no matter what. That's 100% on us.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
The formula does work. It "we the People" who are failing. We are electing over and over, the people who just want power and not work for the voters. Vote Blue no matter who, vote Red no matter what. That's 100% on us.

Yes but you don't see how the formula pushes that upon us?

Let’s see - OP upset about a person exercising their First Amendment rights to suggest amending a document that has a required process for amendment.

The horror.

It must be exhausting to find 4-5 things to be outraged about every day. You are at 4 this morning alone.

You should step away from the keyboard and get some help.

Are you letting it be pushed on you?

It is on everyone. If it wasn't than there would be a lot more 3rd party votes going down.

Not that my vote even matters because I can tell you the winner of nearly every election ahead of time. Actual competitive races are pretty rare.

“When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.” Maya Angelou

Democrats vote for this.
2d3505f1-f45c-467b-bd11-b41d9baae1d3_text.gif

The biggest thing for me is that splitting up power between multiple parties and making the changes that would allow for that would likely lead to more good executors in power.

A big reason we have such bad executioners in power is that everything has become this gigantic 1 on 1 clash of ideologies between two parties that creates an incentive to excuse anything my own party did while attacking everything no matter how inconsequential the other party did.

Multiple parties means running on your own merits and not spending your entire time tearing down others.

The 2 party system is a big reason why we have terrible executioners. Every aspect of life is now some political war.
We've landed on a 2 party system but it's not prescribed.

But yeah, the drawbacks are obvious with our current configuration.

Some variety of a parliamentary system could be better.

Let’s see - OP upset about a person exercising their First Amendment rights to suggest amending a document that has a required process for amendment.

The horror.

It must be exhausting to find 4-5 things to be outraged about every day. You are at 4 this morning alone.

You should step away from the keyboard and get some help.

Democrats are actively destroying this country and you think I should get help? Help for what? Not wanting Dems to destroy the Constitution and our Rights along with it? By opposing wealth confiscation as laid out by Biden-Harris? By opposing a systematic march towards a one party system and the danger that entails for us all?

Maybe you should get some help waking the F up?

We've landed on a 2 party system but it's not prescribed.

But yeah, the drawbacks are obvious with our current configuration.

Some variety of a parliamentary system could be better.

It's not prescribed but it's the inevitable conclusion of the system we are running.

The UK is the same way. It's either going to be a conservative government or a labour government. They have much smaller districts than we do so a few third parties can sneak in a few seats by heavily campaigning in those small districts, but the vast majority of the seats are going to be labour or conservative and thus control of government is essentially limited to 2 parties.

We need a proportional representation for the legislature. We don't even need to have a parliamentary system, just proportional representation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT