ADVERTISEMENT

Libs, what is your take on AOC’s comments Friday?

This country is so fvcked. The people are disrespectful of each other. The members of Congress and the senate are disrespectful of each other. The president has spent his entire life being disrespectful to anyone. It's a constant display of disrespect. Each one of us needs to be an example of respect, and maybe it will change.

Could not agree more.

Radical is not a bad thing if the cause is just. We should all be radically moved to get Trump out of office.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
why not do it peacefully and legally at the ballot box ?

why do we need to loot, threaten and burn to get our way ?

Is this a HROT rule? You can’t criticize if you can’t vote for them. Dems should follow this rule.
Keep going. You'll get to the part where I did not condemn AOCs comments because I interpreted them as encouraging people who aren't thrilled with Biden to hold their nose and vote for him anyway. That was my answer to your questions. So I guess the conclusion is we interpreted her comments differently. That's okay, it happens. No harm no foul.

Reactions: hawkbirch
why not do it peacefully and legally at the ballot box ?

why do we need to loot, threaten and burn to get our way ?
Why didn’t Washington just beat George in an election?

You don’t respect democracy then complain that others don’t. You made this mess and the only way it gets cleaned up is to undo Trump.

Trump was calling for her to be thrown in jail at about the same time she was making comments about voting for his opponent. Don't be dumb. Take it back. This is one of those things where people suspect you're racist if you stick with it because they have a hard time coming up with another explanation for being inconsistent.

I condemn you Trump! I’m also very sorry to all liberals that I didn’t post in the thread about Trump.

Why didn’t Washington just beat George in an election?

You don’t respect democracy then complain that others don’t. You made this mess and the only way it gets cleaned up is to undo Trump.
so you are calling for an armed revolution to get your way ?

got it

I’m curious what her comments mean to you?

"Let this moment radicalize you. Let this moment really put everything into stark focus because this election has always been about the fight of and for our lives. And if anything, tonight is making that more clear to more people than ever before.”

What does radicalize mean to you? What do you think it means to her?

"If Mitch McConnell is not going to honor RBG's final wish, we will,”

How, exactly?

“We need to focus on voting for Joe Biden. I don't care if you like him or not,”

Sounds like a ringing endorsement for Biden!

“I want to make one thing clear: we can, and must, fight.”

Now, put the shoe on the other foot. How would you feel if some of those words came from Trump? What if Trump said “Let this moment radicalize you”? Would you find Trump encouraging his base to “fight” threatening?

I said this in another thread, but the left is setting themselves up to riot and loot if Trump wins. Cities will burn.
Lay off the weed, or post less when high. It's affecting your critical thinking.

so you are calling for an armed revolution to get your way ?

got it

I don't know if there are enough batteries to support an army of what nat and allies are armed with. Not without regular shipments from China.

Sorry couldn't resist.

I give myself 1/10.

Keep going. You'll get to the part where I did not condemn AOCs comments because I interpreted them as encouraging people who aren't thrilled with Biden to hold their nose and vote for him anyway. That was my answer to your questions. So I guess the conclusion is we interpreted her comments differently. That's okay, it happens. No harm no foul.

Glad we can agree to disagree. The most concern part was her using the word “radicalize”. That means something different to you and something diff to me. How does someone who is ANTIFA or BLM interpret it? The same can be said about what Trump says. How do the Proud Boys or Buagaloos (Or whatever the F they are called) interpret what he says?

Glad we can agree to disagree. The most concern part was her using the word “radicalize”. That means something different to you and something diff to me. How does someone who is ANTIFA or BLM interpret it? The same can be said about what Trump says. How do the Proud Boys or Buagaloos (Or whatever the F they are called) interpret what he says?

I don't think Democrats or Republicans on the ballot support violence or rioting. I think if asked directly they would all have to say they support peoples' 1st Amendment right to gather and peacefully protest. So I think, with the people on the ballot, there's unanimity on both sides. The reality, of course, is how you deal with the rioting and looting where it is going on. I do not have faith in Trumps administration to help the situation. I think Biden would work with any local governments to find a way to stop the violence and rioting and part of that would involve addressing the concerns of peaceful protesters. I think Biden cares enough about America that he will work with Democratic and Republican governors, mayors, sheriffs, and legislators on that issue. I don't know if he will be successful, I think he will at least try.

Reactions: Moral and Torg
I don't think Democrats or Republicans on the ballot support violence or rioting. I think if asked directly they would all have to say they support peoples' 1st Amendment right to gather and peacefully protest. So I think, with the people on the ballot, there's unanimity on both sides. The reality, of course, is how you deal with the rioting and looting where it is going on. I do not have faith in Trumps administration to help the situation. I think Biden would work with any local governments to find a way to stop the violence and rioting and part of that would involve addressing the concerns of peaceful protesters. I think Biden cares enough about America that he will work with Democratic and Republican governors, mayors, sheriffs, and legislators on that issue. I don't know if he will be successful, I think he will at least try.

Im convinced rioting and looting stops the moment Biden wins. I’ll bet the BLM protests slow down significantly as well. I doubt it has anything to do with what Biden says or how he works with the local politicians.

Im convinced rioting and looting stops the moment Biden wins. I’ll bet the BLM protests slow down significantly as well. I doubt it has anything to do with what Biden says or how he works with the local politicians.

Maybe until the next lethal confrontation caught on tape that looks bad. Also maybe in the winter when it sucks ass outside in Milwaukee and Minneapolis. Then I think it starts right back up after next one that looks or is bad. Unless the administration has a competent plan to address it.

She’s right. The country will burn if Trump is elected. So vote to save the country even if you don’t like Biden. Don’t say you weren’t warned if you fail to vote for him.

It hardly matters if you find the message offensive. It only matters that it is true. And everyone on both sides knows the country will be in chaos and turmoil if Trump remains. The election isn’t about politics or policy or personality. It’s about peace. Vote to end the fighting.
Your people are already burning shit. What's the difference?

We’re going to burn your shit. Pick peace or war this November. Your people obviously aren’t as prepared for war as you thought.
Talk about lunatics. Thank God for law abiding citizens being armed to defend themselves.

"Let this moment radicalize you. Let this moment really put everything into stark focus because this election has always been about the fight of and for our lives. And if anything, tonight is making that more clear to more people than ever before.”

How, exactly?

“We need to focus on voting for Joe Biden. I don't care if you like him or not,”

Now, put the shoe on the other foot. How would you feel if some of those words came from Trump? What if Trump said “Let this moment radicalize you”? Would you find Trump encouraging his base to “fight” threatening?

I said this in another thread, but the left is setting themselves up to riot and loot if Trump wins. Cities will burn.
Radicalize means going back to FDR to AOC.

Radicalize to Trump means bring out the tiki torches, “Jew will not unite us”, white nationalism.

How, exactly?

Why are you inciting riots? You say you will vote for Biden (I don’t believe you.) Act like you are a calming influence, rather than stoking the flames like trump. You are coming across as an alarmist.

Reactions: Torg
Why are you inciting riots? You say you will vote for Biden (I don’t believe you.) Act like you are a calming influence, rather than stoking the flames like trump. You are coming across as an alarmist.

If you don’t believe me then I don’t know what to say. I’ve voted R for president since 1992. My wife has voted D for president since then as well. 2016 we both decide to vote Johnson in protest. We’ve already discussed it, we are both voting Biden. I’m not thrilled about it, but the US can not handle 4 more years of Trump.

I feel like AOC is stoking flames to a much larger audience than little old me. How in the world does this translate into me inciting riots?

Are you suggesting every Democratic voter is in your little box? Expand your vision, child.
Don’t sweat the nickel dime stuff. trump is blinding you to reality.

Does the left ignore the nickle dime stuff? The hypocrisy is strong on this board. Just look at all the threads started by your brethren each day.

If you don’t believe me then I don’t know what to say. I’ve voted R for president since 1992. My wife has voted D for president since then as well. 2016 we both decide to vote Johnson in protest. We’ve already discussed it, we are both voting Biden. I’m not thrilled about it, but the US can not handle 4 more years of Trump.

I feel like AOC is stoking flames to a much larger audience than little old me. How in the world does this translate into me inciting riots?
Read your posts in this thread as a stranger reading it for the first time. Put yourself on the other side of the table. Get out of your safe place and try to understand how others view your words.
Or, don’t.
What is your obsession with a freshman Congress lady from Brooklyn? She is a hottie, but not someone who will burn down your farm or neighborhood. Look to gain a perspective outside of your comfort zone.

You posted...
“I said this in another thread, but the left is setting themselves up to riot and loot if Trump wins. Cities will burn.”

To me, you are basically encouraging riots. Cities will burn...

Dang. I used to like you.
Why does pointing out the problem suddenly bother you? You have pointed out the same thing. We both know a Trump win will lead to death and destruction. We both know we are pretty bad at stopping unrest in any sort of acceptable way. You should have said “Dang, that sounds bad, I’ll do what I can to avoid that outcome.”

Does the left ignore the nickle dime stuff? The hypocrisy is strong on this board. Just look at all the threads started by your brethren each day.

Make your own choice to whine and attack, or not. Seemingly every post you make is a whine about the left. Deep down, what does that really mean?
You must chart your own course, or be a follower. Quit complaining about followers, if that is your course.

Read your posts in this thread as a stranger reading it for the first time. Put yourself on the other side of the table. Get out of your safe place and try to understand how others view your words.
Or, don’t.
What is your obsession with a freshman Congress lady from Brooklyn? She is a hottie, but not someone who will burn down your farm or neighborhood. Look to gain a perspective outside of your comfort zone.

You posted...
“I said this in another thread, but the left is setting themselves up to riot and loot if Trump wins. Cities will burn.”

To me, you are basically encouraging riots. Cities will burn...

Its my prediction. I don’t want it to happen. Let me ask you. Trump wins. What happens in every major city the night or day after the election?

Why does pointing out the problem suddenly bother you? You have pointed out the same thing. We both know a Trump win will lead to death and destruction. We both know we are pretty bad at stopping unrest in any sort of acceptable way. You should have said “Dang, that sounds bad, I’ll do what I can to avoid that outcome.”

“We’re going to burn your shit. Pick peace or war this November.” That is your quote. I responded to those words. That’s your position. I didn’t realize you are that far gone. Just because I’m predicting it doesn’t mean I support it or want it to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT