ADVERTISEMENT

"Light work!" and other badass moments

artradley

HR Legend
Apr 26, 2013
Ignoring everything else about the multiple threads on the subject, I think everyone has to admit that DeSanto shouting out "Light work" with about fifteen seconds left was pretty badass. It made me think back to my favorite badass moment; Gene Mills giving a "thumbs up" to his coaches just before pinning his opponent in the NJ State Championship match. See below.

How about a thread of other examples:

Ignoring everything else about the multiple threads on the subject, I think everyone has to admit that DeSanto shouting out "Light work" with about fifteen seconds left was pretty badass. It made me think back to my favorite badass moment; Gene Mills giving a "thumbs up" to his coaches just before pinning his opponent in the NJ State Championship match. See below.

How about a thread of other examples:

Color me impressed, but in today's world, he'd whip out an Iphone and take a selfie. THAT would be badass. And probably start a brawl.

Hate to disagree, but I cannot support that action. Badass? Maybe. Kind of funny? A little. Disrespectful of your opponent? Yep.

Just wrestle. What he did on the mat wrestling was extremely impressive. Stop at that and I am a huge, huge fan (as would almost everyone else, even nonHawk fans). I still am in AD’s corner, but stick to wrestling, shake hands and walk off. Celebrate a big win all you want as long as it doesn’t disrespect the guy you are wrestling or the other team. Stay classy and go win a NC.

I am more of the just wrestle side too. However I do have to admit that I once waved at a cute cheerleader from the other team when I was wrestling and on her side if the mat. It wasnt obvious to the crowd or my opponent but the cheerleaders knew. Does that count? :)
surely there is more to that story...

Reactions: Coach Mac B
I had a wrestler one time wrestling in state semi-finals. He is winning with a 2 point lead and 20 seconds left. He is escaping holding the opponents leg up looking for a reversal instead. He looks over to the opposing wrestler's father and winks at him with a big grin. He then gets cradled and gives up 3 NF to lose. Not a fan of celebrating too early. Can make one look like a fool.

No, no, and no. No PPV. Now whoever can pay the viewers for the turd match between Suriano and Fix. From what I hear, that was really boring.
If this keeps the sport relevant and alive I don't mind it! Just make it T&T ppv!

Gomez didn’t talk any trash when he had Desanto fighting off his back. He just got his hand raised and that was it. To each his own I guess.

Reactions: chuck285
I am more of the just wrestle side too. However I do have to admit that I once waved at a cute cheerleader from the other team when I was wrestling and on her side if the mat. It wasnt obvious to the crowd or my opponent but the cheerleaders knew. Does that count? :)
i dang near lost a HS match when one of the opposing team cheerleaders forgot her bloomers-almost got stalled out from laying on my belly on her side of the mat. Finally hear my coach yell at me "what in the HELL are you doing" and got to moving. but it cost us a team point, and my ass was on the stairs at 600 the next morning. Met her 3 yrs later as freshman in college, and after a few beers told her the story. Ended up being worth it :D

i dang near lost a HS match when one of the opposing team cheerleaders forgot her bloomers-almost got stalled out from laying on my belly on her side of the mat. Finally hear my coach yell at me "what in the HELL are you doing" and got to moving. but it cost us a team point, and my ass was on the stairs at 600 the next morning. Met her 3 yrs later as freshman in college, and after a few beers told her the story. Ended up being worth it :D
She forgot?
C8t.gif

So that's how you met Tognetti's sister.

Hate to disagree, but I cannot support that action. Badass? Maybe. Kind of funny? A little. Disrespectful of your opponent? Yep.

Just wrestle. What he did on the mat wrestling was extremely impressive. Stop at that and I am a huge, huge fan (as would almost everyone else, even nonHawk fans). I still am in AD’s corner, but stick to wrestling, shake hands and walk off. Celebrate a big win all you want as long as it doesn’t disrespect the guy you are wrestling or the other team. Stay classy and go win a NC.

I agree to a certain extent. If the Nebraska team had been presenting themselves and sportsmanship-o-plenty gentlemen at this point, then ADS' antics would certain be grade- A doucebaggery, but multiple Nebraska wrestlers were adding like a-holes, so F-em. I've always frowned at the mouthy, sh*t talk, cause everyone has to eat humble pie and you look like an idiotic when you celebrate and then lose.

Reactions: sltldowney
The perfect timing of the flash bulb may accentuate it, but that is an impressive mat slap by that ref. Full windup.. I wonder if he has any rotator cuff intact today
Yes, that ref looked like he had worked some pro rasslin bouts on the regional circuit that would have been going strong back in that day.

Reactions: just_somebody
She sounds like a nice girl, with a cute smile. Kudos to you.

Reactions: el dub

Check out 6:45 in this video. When they go to the review for the challenge (which I have no idea how Fix didn’t get 2), DeSanto grabs a Brands by the shirt and says something. Brands didn’t really have much reaction so probably wasn’t anything crazy but just caught my eye (wasn’t visible during the other video with the entire dual).

One of my favorite “light work!” And other badass moments..

There is nothing badass about backing out of bounds, riding parallel for two minutes, and throwing in an illegal choke — all knowing the ref won’t say a thing.

Fix is a great wrestler. But he decided his best path to victory last weekend was to wrestle like a p*ssy, and he chose that path. Not badass.

There is nothing badass about backing out of bounds, riding parallel for two minutes, and throwing in an illegal choke — all knowing the ref won’t say a thing.

Fix is a great wrestler. But he decided his best path to victory last weekend was to wrestle like a p*ssy, and he chose that path. Not badass.

No offense, Art, but I think you just made yourself light work.

Think Art just telling it like it is if Densanto did that choke move everyone be saying needs to be suspended till next year. You want to be a bad ass you just go and beat the guy like Nolf n Bo do .

Reactions: artradley
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT