ADVERTISEMENT

Opinion Finally, Democrats appear ready to wage war on Fox News

For you Fox haters, name me one network that you believe without question. I need a good laugh.
Without question? None. But several are a whole lot better than FOX (and MSNBC or CNN, for that matter). Here are some I can recommend if you are actually interested in sampling better reporting and more interesting analysis.

France24
DW (Deutsche Welle)
Al Jazeera
BBC
Democracy Now
Thom Hartmann on YouTube
PBS

As is obvious, the first 4 are foreign sources. They are better than ours for at least 5 reasons:

1. More factual content.
2. Their slants are easier to spot and dismiss because they are targeted at their own populations.
3. They cover a broader range of events.
4. Few to no commercials.
5. All but BBC are free on common streaming devices like Roku and FireTV.

Last edited:
Without question? None. But several are a whole lot better than FOX (and MSNBC or CNN, for that matter). Here are some I can recommend if you are actually interested in sampling better reporting and more interesting analysis.

France24
DW (Deutsche Welle)
Al Jazeera
BBC
Democracy Now
Thom Hartman on YouTube
PBS

As is obvious, the first 4 are foreign sources. They are better than ours for at least 5 reasons:

1. More factual content.
2. Their slants are easier to spot and dismiss because they are targeted at their own populations.
NewsNation is not bad either.

NewsNation is not bad either.
I wasn't familiar with that one but it looks worth checking out. I see it has a channel on Roku, so I'm flipping it on right now.

NewsNation​

NewsNation Now - Least Biased - Credible - Reliable
Factual Reporting: High - Credible - Reliable

LEAST BIASED​

Reactions: BustingNarratives

France24
DW (Deutsche Welle)
Al Jazeera
BBC
Democracy Now
Thom Hartman on YouTube
PBS

1. More factual content.
Oh no you didn't! Thom Hartman?! I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt until I saw his name. I still tune in to his show occasionally but it's mostly for laughs. Some of his callers blow my mind.

Oh no you didn't! Thom Hartman?! I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt until I saw his name. I still tune in to his show occasionally but it's mostly for laughs. Some of his callers blow my mind.
You can tell how deeply mired someone is in the con echo chamber when they are triggered by mention of someone as mild-mannered and reasonable as Thom Hartmann.

You can tell how deeply mired someone is in the con echo chamber when they are triggered by mention of someone as mild-mannered and reasonable as Thom Hartmann.
You don't have to listen to him long to know that he thinks everything bad that has ever happened is the Republicans fault. No bias there, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT