JBo - 20 min, Joe T - 15 min, Ulis - 5 min,
CJF - 25 min, JBo - 10 min, Ulis - 5 min
JW - 30 min, PMac 5 min, Perkins - 5 min
CMac - 25 min, Nunge 10 min, PMac - 5 min
Luka - 30, Nunge 10

Both Murrays and Big O redshirt unless injury

Best O Line-up: JBo, CJF, JW, Pmac, Luka

Best D Line-up: Joe T, Ulis, Perkins, Cmac, Nunge
The Murrays will be over 20 before the fall semester starts. They are not redshirting.

Can’t wait to see what I believe will be the starting lineup:

Bohannon
Fredrick
Wieskamp
C McCaffery
Garza

How do you guard that?
That is what I would guess. I think the real interest to me is who is in after the top 8?
Next 3 will be.. Nunge, Joe T., and PMac.

Will any of the freshman crack the top 8 and start getting some more minutes than initially anticiapated? I could see Tony Perkins spell C.J. Frederick or a guy like Keegan Murray spell Weiskamp? Maybe a guy like Chris Murray shows tenacity on defense and an accumen for rebounding at the 4 position spelling Connor.

I do think that there is a great chance Josh Ogundele red shirts. Not sure about Uhlis.

Next year with losing Luka, JBo and probably Weiskamp to draft in 2021, It would be valuable to get these young guys some actual minutes, so they are not all seeing the court for the first time in the fall of 2021. IDK, just a thought, spreading the class out a little bit is typically what most programs and coaches want to do.

That is what I would guess. I think the real interest to me is who is in after the top 8?
Next 3 will be.. Nunge, Joe T., and PMac.

Will any of the freshman crack the top 8 and start getting some more minutes than initially anticiapated? I could see Tony Perkins spell C.J. Frederick or a guy like Keegan Murray spell Weiskamp? Maybe a guy like Chris Murray shows tenacity on defense and an accumen for rebounding at the 4 position spelling Connor.

I do think that there is a great chance Josh Ogundele red shirts. Not sure about Uhlis.

Next year with losing Luka, JBo and probably Weiskamp to draft in 2021, It would be valuable to get these young guys some actual minutes, so they are not all seeing the court for the first time in the fall of 2021. IDK, just a thought, spreading the class out a little bit is typically what most programs and coaches want to do.

I see Ogundele as the least likely to redshirt. He’ll be the needed third big man (as it stands now unless Wiz comes aboard and reclassifies and is a better option).

He’ll be needed occasionally when Garza and Nunge get into foul trouble (think both picking up 2 fouls in the first half), or back up if Fran chooses to go big with both Luka & Jack simultaneously for extended periods or God forbid an injury.

I don't care if it's just for 3-4 minutes per week, at some point I want to see Uhlis, Perkins, Toussaint and Patrick on the court together. I don't even care who the 5th player is. Those guys attacking on offense and defense would be fun to watch.

I see Ogundele as the least likely to redshirt. He’ll be the needed third big man (as it stands now unless Wiz comes aboard and reclassifies and is a better option).

He’ll be needed occasionally when Garza and Nunge get into foul trouble (think both picking up 2 fouls in the first half), or back up if Fran chooses to go big with both Luka & Jack simultaneously for extended periods or God forbid an injury.
You know that is a great point too about actually needing Josh O.

Reactions: skydog0784
Unless Ogundele does a lot of improving between now and the first game, I cannot see him playing. He is more raw than Gabe Olaseni was. A red shirt year on the bench will be fine, then he will be behind Nunge after Luka graduates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonnymungo
Unless Ogundele does a lot of improving between now and the first game, I cannot see him starting. He is more raw than Gabe Olaseni was. A red shirt year on the bench will be fine, then he will be behind Nunge after Luka graduates.
I don’t think anybody is talking about Josh starting. Beating out Garza would be quite the feat ;) (just playing, I assume you mistyped)

Realistically, if he doesn’t redshirt, I think he would play a role similar to Till this year. Log some minutes against scrubs early in the year, then only play if Jack/Luka get in foul trouble.

If he does redshirt, then I can almost guarantee that Nunge comes off the bench

I don’t think anybody is talking about Josh starting. Beating out Garza would be quite the feat ;) (just playing, I assume you mistyped)

Realistically, if he doesn’t redshirt, I think he would play a role similar to Till this year. Log some minutes against scrubs early in the year, then only play if Jack/Luka get in foul trouble.

If he does redshirt, then I can almost guarantee that Nunge comes off the bench
Yes, I meant playing:)

I think that Nunge will not start this year unless he is really fully recovered and tearing it up in practice. I think the combo of him and Luka at center would give Luka a little more rest without sacrificing height and defense, and Nunge would still get enough minutes spelling the PF/C positions that he would be able to see ~20 minutes a game. Good minutes coming off major knee injury.

I would prefer that Ogundele get acclimated to college life and Power 5 basketball with a redshirt year, much like CJ did. As it is, Ogundele is still way behind the curve.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
Unless Ogundele does a lot of improving between now and the first game, I cannot see him playing. He is more raw than Gabe Olaseni was. A red shirt year on the bench will be fine, then he will be behind Nunge after Luka graduates.
That was my initial thinking as well. Its why I said to RS him. I think we could go small in certain games if needed due to foul trouble. I think that having the Murray’s at 6’8” and being pretty athletic, could alleviate some of the need for 3 big man for depth. Plus it wouldn’t be full time, just enough to spell Luka and/or Nunge for a bit.

Reactions: BBHawk
He improved to 34% last year from 21% his first year. He's getting into the range where people would have to guard him out at the line, which would be a big benefit and would make him more effective as a passer.

He's probably the most effective passer in the Conference, maybe nation. Making the defenders come out and guard out there opens offense up for everyone, plus Connor could start finishing at the rim, too.

The Murrays will be over 20 before the fall semester starts. They are not redshirting.

Zero chance they get 20 minutes.....:

Starters ....

JBo
CJF
Joey
Connor
Peacock

Jack
Patrick
Joey

Those eight log all the minutes ...... very few for the frosh .... those starters have won so many games and are the reason we are pre season number 5-6 in country. No chance Fran messes with this line up best lineup he’s ever had.

Reactions: Bro D

Starters ....

JBo
CJF
Joey
Connor
Peacock

Jack
Patrick
Joey

Those eight log all the minutes ...... very few for the frosh .... those starters have won so many games and are the reason we are pre season number 5-6 in country. No chance Fran messes with this line up best lineup he’s ever had.
20 years old.

Reactions: NI hawk

Starters ....

JBo
CJF
Joey
Connor
Peacock

Jack
Patrick
Joey

I still feel like having JoBo come off the bench would be optimal. He would be instant offense. With the trio of Joe T, CJ, and JoBo, they could split up the 80 minutes at the 1-2 positions and all be happy. Who starts is not as important as who finishes.

Reactions: ObeseMuffins
I still feel like having JoBo come off the bench would be optimal. He would be instant offense. With the trio of Joe T, CJ, and JoBo, they could split up the 80 minutes at the 1-2 positions and all be happy. Who starts is not as important as who finishes.

Agreed. Based on my own observation, we tend to start the game strong and lag around the 10-8 minute mark. J'Bo coming off the bench could hold us over for a longer period of time.

Fran will figure out what is best for the team.....I love the Jordan, CJ, Joey, Connor, Luka Lineup......four great shooters players unselfish around the best player in nation. Patrick, Jack, Joey great top 8!

Reactions: Hawk94Mn
I think Connor improves his 3 point percentage again. When teams have to play him out at the 3 pt line it obviously opens everything else up. I hate to use this analogy, but he is a Wisconsin type player, with an even better understanding of how the teams offense works best and how he can facilitate that. I don't remember what percentage he shot this last year but if he can get that north of 35% (37-38% would be great) that would be good for this team.

probably the most important variable of this team if he continues to play big minutes. Oddly enough Patrick might end up taking minutes from Connor. Connor will have the leg up because of his physicality. I really like the Wisconsin comparison. He does seem to fit that oversized two guard they always seem to have

Reactions: perryhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT