ADVERTISEMENT

Little Rock Airport Exec dies for his right to illegally sell guns…

HROT

HR Heisman
Nov 5, 2006
Always somebody else’s fault…

The executive director of Little Rock’s airport, who was injured earlier this week in a shootout with federal agents serving a search warrant at his home, died on Thursday.

Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport said in a statement that Bryan Malinowski died at noon. He was 53.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said agents were trying to serve the warrant just after 6 a.m. Tuesday at Malinowski’s home in west Little Rock when someone inside fired gunshots at the agents, news outlets reported. The agents returned fire, striking the shooter, who was identified as Malinowski. An unidentified ATF agent was also shot but the wound was not life-threatening, officials said.

In a heavily redacted warrant affidavit released Thursday, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said Malinowski bought over 150 guns between May 2021 and February 2024 that he resold without a dealer’s license, KARK-TV reported.

About a half-dozen of those were found after being linked to a crime, and undercover federal agents bought three more from Malinowski at Arkansas gun shows, the affidavit said.

Malinowski bought the guns through legal means and checked a box on the purchase form to say they were for himself, according to the document. He would then resell them in as little as 24 hours through gun shows where he maintained a table or through private sales.

In a statement, Malinowski’s family called the shooting “an unspeakable tragedy and one that is almost impossible to understand.” The family said their thoughts and prayers go out to the government agent who was shot and his relatives.

The statement also expressed concern about the allegations in the affidavit and said that even if true, they didn’t justify the use of deadly force.

“At worst, Bryan Malinowski, a gun owner and gun enthusiast, stood accused of making private firearm sales to a person who may not have been legally entitled to purchase the guns,” the family said, adding they would wait for al the facts to come out.

There was no immediate response to a phone message seeking comment that was left Thursday with an ATF spokesman.

Malinowski joined the management team at Clinton National in 2008 as director of properties, planning and development before being promoted to deputy director of the airport a year later. He took over as executive director in 2019.

Bill Walker, chair of the Little Rock Municipal Airport Commission, said that under Malinowski’s leadership the airport saw “significant growth and success.” It offered condolences to Malinowski’s family.

“Bryan was a 16-year employee of the airport,” Walker said in the statement. “Under his leadership, our airport has experienced significant growth and success, expanding services and offerings to our community and state. We extend our heartfelt condolences to Bryan’s wife, Maer, loved ones and friends.”

The executive director of the Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport?

Who named this airport?
On March 20, 2012, the municipal airport commission voted to rename the airport the Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport, named after Arkansas native, former Governor and United States President Bill Clinton and his wife, United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.[10] The name Adams Field will continue to be used when referring to the airport's runways and air traffic, and will be the airport's official designator. In 2017, Republican state Sen. Jason Rapert filed a bill that would have forced the airport's renaming but relented when he found little support for the measure.[11]

Reactions: Torg
Always somebody else’s fault…

Lots of unanswered questions here, hopefully a fair and unbiased investigation is done by an outside source to determine whether it was necessary to kill Mr. Malinowski.

Bye GIF by MOODMAN

I don’t think I’ll ever understand why law enforcement agencies try to serve warrants on people while they’re inside their house. It gives that person an opportunity to barricade themself inside the home with weapons and potentially create a hostage situation.

They had this guy under surveillance for several months. They knew where he lived, they knew where he worked, they knew his schedule, and they knew his routines.

Just wait down the street until he pulls out of his driveway and then surround him. That gives him very little hiding space and minimizes the possibility of a shootout. That means less danger for everyone involved, especially the agents.

I don’t think I’ll ever understand why law enforcement agencies try to serve warrants on people while they’re inside their house. It gives that person an opportunity to barricade themself inside the home with weapons and potentially create a hostage situation.

They had this guy under surveillance for several months. They knew where he lived, they knew where he worked, they knew his schedule, and they knew his routines.

Just wait down the street until he pulls out of his driveway and then surround him. That gives him very little hiding space and minimizes the possibility of a shootout. That means less danger for everyone involved, especially the agents.
Go to the airport and serve him in his office. They probably knew where he worked, right?

Go to the airport and serve him in his office. They probably knew where he worked, right?
Yep. They knew everything there was to know about him.

The only possible issue with serving him at work might be if the warrant specified that he be present while they searched his home. But even then I suppose they could arrest him at the airport and then drive him back to his house to search it.

Serve the warrant literally almost anywhere other than his home where he can barricade himself and create a potentially violent standoff.

Agreed about somewhere other than home, but you want them in a motor vehicle?!?! Might want to rethink that.

Reactions: lucas80

Well, people like him seem violent to begin with. Confronting in public seems like a worse idea. As suggested, maybe at work, but given his job and how crazy this country is over guns, maybe he can legally carry at work?
He undoubtedly wouldn't drive to work without a gun.
Sometimes people make bad choices that affect your choices. Nuts like this guy are an example.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill

Or, he could just NOT be a crazy gun nut.

I have no problem with you. But that is probably one of the dumbest posts I've seen. Where are you most likely going to find an individual? It's not like LEO comes in banging on the door with a hammer. They can do it calmly, peacefully, and without conflict.

I have no problem with you. But that is probably one of the dumbest posts I've seen. Where are you most likely going to find an individual? It's not like LEO comes in banging on the door with a hammer. They can do it calmly, peacefully, and without conflict.
They can do it calmly and peacefully most of the time. But sometimes it turns into a deadly shootout like it did this time.

All I’m saying is that if you know a guy has a friggin’ arsenal in his house and you knock on his front door, you’re giving him too many advantages if he decides he’s not going to go quietly. Let him back out of his driveway and then immediately surround him with three or four vehicles so he can’t drive away. He might have a gun in his vehicle, but you know for a fact he has guns in his house. And he can’t hide in his car like he can in his house.

They can do it calmly and peacefully most of the time. But sometimes it turns into a deadly shootout like it did this time.

All I’m saying is that if you know a guy has a friggin’ arsenal in his house and you knock on his front door, you’re giving him too many advantages if he decides he’s not going to go quietly. Let him back out of his driveway and then immediately surround him with three or four vehicles so he can’t drive away. He might have a gun in his vehicle, but you know for a fact he has guns in his house. And he can’t hide in his car like he can in his house.

Yes, but then he/she is out in the public. If we are going to make "special" rules for gun nuts, then why can't prevent them from having all those weapons and ammo.

He played with the law.....and the law won

It doesn't sound like he did a very good job of hiding in his house.

Where innocent bystanders are at risk

The 0 Dark Thirty raids are problematic.

They think they're going to catch the guy asleep. What happens all too often is the guy is awakened, isn't thinking clearly, and thinks the cops are burglars or something....

Reactions: WSC72
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT