ADVERTISEMENT

Logan Lee

I hope he ends up at D-end. After 2020 we will be awfully thin there. I don’t think we will struggle to find TE’s who want to come play in Brian’s offense.

Still believe he will be a monster on defense. Have you seen his dad? Makes son look small. I don’t like it when people Doyalize every recruit but I’m curious in three years how much he weighs. As much as people like to argue class rankings EVERYONE has to admit that we are way deeper as a team. I like the future.

Lee could be very good at TE or DE, no doubt. He was named MVP for TE/WR at the Rivals Chicago camp last May. I suspect that is where he will start practice at in August. He's not going to be a burner but he is fast enough and has good hands. That wrasslin' tenacity and footwork will serve him well as a blocker.

He weighed in at 239. Elsbury probably hasn’t weighed 239 since he was in 8th grade. Lee gave up a lot of weight to him.
Strong kid Lee. Keep in mind that he is coming off that lacerated spleen I think from football season. Just a warrior. Impressive to be able to ward of much bigger guys the way he did in that match.

Reactions: hawkhorn
For TE Logan really should not put on more than another 10 lbs. I know they can design a caloric intake plan to keep him from getting to big, but thinking about what a game wrecker he could be at 275 or so is intriguing.

No, he's already average to below average speed for a tight end. Bulk him up to 285 so he's slow as shit? Ya i guess i can imagine: it would be dumb as shit.

He hasn’t worked with Doyle yet regarding speed/agility and muscle gain. He will be bigger, faster, and stronger, as well as closer to 285 but hey, you know everything, genius.

Lee kind of reminds me of CJ Fed (the lumbering TE that gained too much muscle at Iowa, not the fluid athlete that he was out of HS), but with better hands. Will be a punishing blocker (which CJF was as a JR and SR), catch some TDs, and move the chains, but not likely to stretch the field at TE.

Lee kind of reminds me of CJ Fed (the lumbering TE that gained too much muscle at Iowa, not the fluid athlete that he was out of HS), but with better hands. Will be a punishing blocker (which CJF was as a JR and SR), catch some TDs, and move the chains, but not likely to stretch the field at TE.

The guy that got paid big NFL money? That lumbering, muscle bound guy? The guy with the fastest 3 cone time for te’s at the combine, that guy?

Reactions: pkongsh
The guy that got paid big NFL money? That lumbering, muscle bound guy? The guy with the fastest 3 cone time for te’s at the combine, that guy?

He may have had the fastest time in his draft class, but that doesn’t mean it was a good time. CJ Fed’s 3 cone time was 7.10 seconds. That’s the 43rd fastest TE time since 2010- that is nothing to write home about.

He may have had the fastest time in his draft class, but that doesn’t mean it was a good time. CJ Fed’s 3 cone time was 7.10 seconds. That’s the 43rd fastest TE time since 2010- that is nothing to write home about.

Does being faster and bigger than Tony Gonzalez help?

It was better than Tavian Banks by a decent amount.

No, it doesn’t. CJ Fed had a mediocre (at best) 3 cone time and an even worse 40. It doesn’t mean he wasn’t a good football player. Just take the L and move on.
You called CJ lumbering and when confronted with data that suggests that is an obviously inaccurate label, you tell someone else to take the L? I'll take an LOL.

You called CJ lumbering and when confronted with data that suggests that is an obviously inaccurate label, you tell someone else to take the L? I'll take an LOL.

Are you dumb? You appear to be incapable of reading. I am the only one that has provided data- which shows that CJ’s 3 cone time is only the 43rd best time amongst TEs this decade, and his 40 time is ranked somewhere in the 70’s. That does in fact support the assertion that he was “lumbering”, as those are pedestrian (at best) testing results. The fact that his 3 cone time was faster than Tony Gonzalez’s was 20 years ago doesn’t mean ****.

Reactions: UIwrestle99-13
Are you dumb? You appear to be incapable of reading. I am the only one that has provided data- which shows that CJ’s 3 cone time is only the 43rd best time amongst TEs this decade, and his 40 time is ranked somewhere in the 70’s. That does in fact support the assertion that he was “lumbering”, as those are pedestrian (at best) testing results. The fact that his 3 cone time was faster than Tony Gonzalez’s was 20 years ago doesn’t mean ****.

It was his 40 time that was better than TG. The 3 come was faster than Tavian Banks by a decent amount. Not Matt Jones but I missed the headline ‘Lumbering TE gets $10 mil guaranteed’ interesting that the article linked talked about moving from red meat to chicken. Ever hear Doyle talk?

The fastest in his draft class and 43rd over a ten year span that includes hundreds of players... I think you don't understand the definition of mediocre. Jesus...

The fastest in his draft class and 43rd over a ten year span that includes hundreds of players... I think you don't understand the definition of mediocre. Jesus...

There are about 90 TEs who have participated in the 3 cone drill since 2010. His results are the very definition of mediocre. Maybe do a little research next time before you spout off; you might look like less of a dumbass.

Last edited:
There are about 90 TEs who have participated in the 3 cone drill since 2010. His results are the very definition of mediocre. Maybe do a little research next time before you spout off; you might look like less of a dumbass.
Also "lumbering"... Zach Ertz with a 7.08 to CJ's 7.10.

Why would TEs that don't run get excluded from the TE pool that we're comparing a TE to? Nearly all of the TEs that don't run make that decision because it won't help them. CJ is absolutely and irrefutably on the higher end of all TEs in the league with respect to athleticism. He is well above mediocre against the entire TE pool.

Your characterization of CJ as lumbering due to being slowed down by the Iowa football program is asinine. You are flatly wrong.

Reactions: owenhawk
Lumberers all.

Travis Kelce 7.12
Eric Ebron 7.49
Rob Gronkowski 7.18
Delanie Walker 7.23
Jared Cook 7.25

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT