ADVERTISEMENT

Logan Paul thinks he could take Mike Tyson

Morrison71

HB Legend
Nov 10, 2006
Having gone toe-to-toe with 5ft8, 155lbs Floyd Mayweather, YouTuber-turned-boxer Logan Paul has set his sights on a new opponent: the one-time 'most dangerous man on the planet', Iron Mike Tyson.

Speaking on his podcast, Impaulsive, Paul said that having—impressively, we might add— gone the distance with Mayweather, he wouldn't be afraid of squaring up against the former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world, Tyson.

"Someone mentioned Mike Tyson, like how funny is it? One great at a time. Or is it like you can only fight one? My lawyer mentioned it and he was like, 'No, Tyson will rip your head off, you don't stand a chance'," said Paul.

"I'm like 'bro, I literally just went through all of this, you can't tell me I can't beat Mike Tyson. Bro, he's old, old." Like Paul, Tyson was recently in action, having made a long-awaited return to the ring to fight Roy Jones Jr in November of last year.

I might actually pay to see that idiot get destroyed by Tyson. It probably won’t shut him up though unless he kills him.
tenor.gif

Give them a million each for participating. Split the rest if there isn’t a knockout. If there is a KO, give the rest of the purse to the winner.

Reactions: shoot_the_three
Give them a million each for participating. Split the rest if there isn’t a knockout. If there is a KO, give the rest of the purse to the winner.
Bare minimum appearance fees for each then compensate Paul on an ascending scale per round survived and pay Tyson on a descending scale for round of KO.

Paul will be incentivized to stay in the fight or earn very little and Tyson would be incentivized to do his thing or lose his big payday.

Bare minimum appearance fees for each then compensate Paul on an ascending scale per round survived and pay Tyson on a descending scale for round of KO.

Paul will be incentivized to stay in the fight or earn very little and Tyson would be incentivized to do his thing or lose his big payday.
That works. The last fight was pointless. Tyson needs the incentive to fight his hardest.

It appeared that Mayweather wasn’t looking to KO him. Dude was gassed the last 4 rounds and FM toyed with him. Makes you wonder if there was a clause that paid him extra if Paul finished on his feet.

Reactions: mnole03 and Moral
It appeared that Mayweather wasn’t looking to KO him. Dude was gassed the last 4 rounds and FM toyed with him. Makes you wonder if there was a clause that paid him extra if Paul finished on his feet.

I am guessing so. Mayweather grabbed him quickly and held him up on an accidental KO.

Reactions: BelemNole
No thanks. They would get paid and then do nothing in the ring. These YouTube douches fighting are pathetic.

The people that actually pay for those PPVs are even more pathetic yet. This crap is basically like a WWE and boxing mashup.

Tyson probably had to agree to not knock him TFO.

It's a good thing they must have agreed to patty-cake because Tyson could have killed him.
This was my first/only thought. Tyson HAD to have agreed not to kill him. Tyson, even at his age now, would have to be on-board in advance with not murdering Paul. It's my understanding that Paul has been hand-fed guys that aren't current, full-time, professional boxers, so he's been able to build up a record.

Even if Tyson agrees to take it easy, Paul needs to be REAL careful not to say/do anything between now and the end of the fight that Tyson could take the wrong way or be insulted by, or inadvertently land too hard of a shot. He's not safe until after the fight is over.

If it's free, I might watch to see what happens. If Netflix tries to charge anything, there's no amount I'd pay to see it.

Even if Tyson agrees to take it easy, Paul needs to be REAL careful not to say/do anything between now and the end of the fight that Tyson could take the wrong way or be insulted by, or inadvertently land too hard of a shot. He's not safe until after the fight is over.
It's one of the Paul's. This is not possible.

This was my first/only thought. Tyson HAD to have agreed not to kill him. Tyson, even at his age now, would have to be on-board in advance with not murdering Paul. It's my understanding that Paul has been hand-fed guys that aren't current, full-time, professional boxers, so he's been able to build up a record.

If it's free, I might watch to see what happens. If Netflix tries to charge anything, there's no amount I'd pay to see it.
I just hope it's better than the Jones fight. Tyson was holding WAY back and still won even though it was called a draw. This one appears to have a bit more chatter, but we'll see. Tyson could still cave the dude's brain in with one punch. I hope it ends up being a sanctioned fight.

I just hope it's better than the Jones fight. Tyson was holding WAY back and still won even though it was called a draw. This one appears to have a bit more chatter, but we'll see. Tyson could still cave the dude's brain in with one punch. I hope it ends up being a sanctioned fight.
It was so much fun back then to see Tyson really try to decapitate guys who were at the very top of the boxing profession. He was so angry, and so powerful, and every fight you just wanted to see how fast he could end it, and how bad he could manage to hurt someone.

I'd still be into boxing if it had big-time stars like that - especially heavyweights. Pay-per-views were a legit event, and reason to get people together, have cookouts, etc.

I do really wish we could get THAT Tyson, vs a youtube jackass.

It was so much fun back then to see Tyson really try to decapitate guys who were at the very top of the boxing profession. He was so angry, and so powerful, and every fight you just wanted to see how fast he could end it, and how bad he could manage to hurt someone.

I'd still be into boxing if it had big-time stars like that - especially heavyweights. Pay-per-views were a legit event, and reason to get people together, have cookouts, etc.

I do really wish we could get THAT Tyson, vs a youtube jackass.
I watched a documentary on Tyson and they were interviewing former opponents. One guy said "Mike hits you like you stole something from him." I cannot even imagine. Most were done before the fight even started.

I bet Paul wins. Can't beat father time and Mike is horrifically out of shape. If this was 1987, Paul would be deceased or have brain damage in round 1.

• Haha
I can accept that Paul is a douche, but somehow that makes him more deplorable than the convicted rapist and multiple repeat assaulter Mike Tyson?

Reactions: TennNole17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT