ADVERTISEMENT

Lori Lightfoot becomes first Chicago Mayor to lose in 40 years

I absolutely admit I'm a liberal treehugger, but no democrat (registered Independent)......how many Democrats do you know that didn't vote for Obama or Clinton? And had Trump not been a grifting, traitorous piece of shit human being, then guess what? I wouldn't have voted for Biden either and if the Republicans don't nominate a piece of shit MAGA candidate for 2024 then I probably won't vote then either. I haven't seen a Democrat that I would vote for other than voting against a piece of shit MAGA candidate.
Either way, I like your avatar, as it reminds me of an old joke from when I was a nursing home lawyer.

Old guy Harry is in a long term care facility, and is approaching his 90th birthday. His buddies there decide they need to do something special for him, as he may not be around much longer. So they hire a stripper (nurse costume) to come for his birthday. On the appointed day, the buxom nurse comes in, nuzzles up to Harry, and says, "So Harry, are you ready for some super sex?"

Harry replies, "I'll take the soup."

Either way, I like your avatar, as it reminds me of an old joke from when I was a nursing home lawyer.

Old guy Harry is in a long term care facility, and is approaching his 90th birthday. His buddies there decide they need to do something special for him, as he may not be around much longer. So they hire a stripper (nurse costume) to come for his birthday. On the appointed day, the buxom nurse comes in, nuzzles up to Harry, and says, "So Harry, are you ready for some super sex?"

Harry replies, "I'll take the soup."

LMAO

The Chicago residents voted out Lightfoot.

Will the ones in Georgia do MTG? No....
Probably not.

Hard to compare the two.

A mayor has direct impact on residents in a city if they’re crazy and suck at their jobs.

A crazy, dipshit member of the House like MTG has minimal impact on her constituents. If she was a mayor and sucked at her job the residents would vote her out.

Probably not.

Hard to compare the two.

A mayor has direct impact on residents in a city if they’re crazy and suck at their jobs.

A crazy, dipshit member of the House like MTG has minimal impact on her constituents. If she was a mayor and sucked at her job the residents would vote her out.

Local government generally has more impact on one's day to day life than any level of government, yet its probably the most ignored.

Local government generally has more impact on one's day to day life than any level of government, yet its probably the most ignored.
On this we can agree. Very unfortunate.

I blame the loss of local newspapers for this development…

Probably not.

Hard to compare the two.

mtg pretty much runs the house speaker.

Chicago will be just fine....

I lived in there for 6 years and worked down in the Loop most of that time. I love the City, Its one of the world's great cities. Its much more than one person, even the Daleys.
It appears the voters disagree.

Chicago is not going to be fine. The reason that services have dropped or have been eliminated are out of the Mayor’s control. It has an insurmountable amount of legacy debt, a State Constitution that won’t allow for the City to enter bankruptcy court, and the worst type of electorate you can have where the squeaky wheel gets the grease. The structural problems aren’t going away in our lifetimes. Cities wax and wane….Chicago is on the bad side of it now for the foreseeable future

Chicago is not going to be fine. The reason that services have dropped or have been eliminated are out of the Mayor’s control. It has an insurmountable amount of legacy debt, a State Constitution that won’t allow for the City to enter bankruptcy court, and the worst type of electorate you can have where the squeaky wheel gets the grease. The structural problems aren’t going away in our lifetimes. Cities wax and wane….Chicago is on the bad side of it now for the foreseeable future

One would hope Vallas and Pritzker could solve this.

While I think some of the lefties are fruit loops, they are generally harmless. The right wing ones on the other hand....

The left wing crazies are harmless because a) they aren’t AS crazy as the rightwing crazies, and b)they don’t control the party.

Harmless? Have you seen any major American city in the last 50 years?
More crime in larger cities? Who would have thought. Edit: When looking at data, more crime actually occurs in rural areas. You apparently believe whatever you are told.

Last edited:
one might think that Pritzker might sorta have some incentive to do so....

I don’t think so, we are talking about a guy whose money is in tax havens and whose properties are out of state. You can’t take on the unions in illinois, it’s political suicide

Reporters pressed her on whether she believed she was treated unfairly during the campaign process.

"I’m a Black woman in America. Of course," she responded, according to reports.

This was my biggest issue with her, she could never admit she did anything wrong and all criticism was because she was a black lesbian.

This was my biggest issue with her, she could never admit she did anything wrong and all criticism was because she was a black lesbian.
I don’t know if the Bears will move for sure, but she f***** that up from the start. She was tone deaf on crime, too. She had some bad deals that she couldn’t control, but she misstepped a few too many times.

I hope all the Righties taking victory laps in this thread who haven’t been to Chicago in 20 years, if ever, realize a Dem will be the next mayor.
Although, Vallas doesn’t seem to actually be a resident, or not for long, anyway.
I heard something funny on the Score today. The other person in the runoff is black, and named Brandon? Lawrence Holmes mentioned all the Let’s Go Brandon bumper stickers in Illinois will have to be scraped off for fear of being known as the supporter of a black guy in Chicago.

Harmless? Have you seen any major American city in the last 50 years?

If you look at the history of cities over time it's only in the 20th Century it became a decent place to live. If you think the 1990's were bad...say hello to the 1890's; cholera, tuberculosis, black coal smoke everywhere.

Reactions: lucas80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT