ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of vitriol in this CU vs CSU game.

cmhawks99

HB Legend
Jul 23, 2002
I was a long time Colorado fan clear back in the 80s. I loved Darian Hagan and flex bone football.

And believe it or not, I’ve followed Colorado St a little bit over the years. I actually like the mountain west conference.

With that said, I think Colorado has a pretty good team, but I don’t think it’s impossible at all, that they struggle mightily in this game. You have to admit it is a classic trap scenario. A big opening weekend win versus TCU who I personally think is going to fall off the map this year, then a big win against hated Nebraska. Two ranked teams coming up…?

A stream of consciousness on the rest of the weekend…

I’m also very curious to see Texas play Wyoming…

Wyoming is a very up-and-down team historically even though they do have a pretty decent coach, but I am not at all convinced that Texas is suddenly some Juggernaut. I’m not predicting they’ll lose at home, but I think that it will be an interesting game.

Also, super interested in Kansas state versus Missouri… Kansas state looks like the much better team and man is Missouri a very difficult team to follow. They look good, then they look horrible…. They play a power team and look solid but lose, then play someone you expect them to kill and they lose! What are weird team…

Super curious about that Penn State Illinois game… Penn states the better team, I’m not 100% sold on them being as good as other people think however, this is the kind of game that Brett Bielema has the capability of making really really ugly… Penn State will win, but I could see this being a 21-18 game, pretty easy.

How good is Georgia, can South Carolina keep it close…long time gamecocks fan predating Lou Holtz, in fact going clear back to George Roger’s the running back…any of you remember him?

Tenn/Florida… Tennessee is another team I believe will take a step back, and I do think Florida has a pretty good defense and Joe Milton is erratic as hell in my opinion!!

LSU/Miss St… I’ve always liked Mississippi State going clear back to Jackie Sherril, for any of you old time football guys that remember him. Back in around 99-00 they had a really good team and an incredible Defense… Sensational defensive line in particular played about 8-9 guys!

I like Minnesota to “Minnesota” North Carolina… like they do in the early season against a lot of teams. North Carolina just doesn’t play very good defense anymore. For those of you that have followed college football as long as I have, years and years ago, they typically played pretty good defense, but they do not anymore and I think Minnesota has found their running back and I do think they will win some games this year… I do think they’ll struggle versus some big 10 teams but I think they can win this game …

I honestly think Iowa State will smoke Ohio… I think they will have a very hard time moving the ball on ISU.

I like Utah State to cover versus Air Force for sure, and maybe beat them. If it wasn’t for the fact that I think Air Force is a little salty, because Utah State beat them last year, Id feel really good about predicting the win, but I do think it’ll be a high scoring game. 38-35

Super curious about the Wiscy/Georgia Southern game…they beat UAB 49-35. For those of you, that don’t know UAB has had a winning record since they brought football back about five-ish years ago, now the negative is Clay Helton, former USC coach is now Georgia Southern’s coach, but I’ve got to see something from Wisconsin. I’m not sure they’re the same Wisconsin at all. If you see Georgia Southern score, 20+ points against Wisconsin there are some questions going on up there….

For those that haven’t been watching Wiscy beat Buffalo 38 to 17, but buffalo went on to lose to Fordham the next weekend like 41-37. Buffalo has had good teams before, but this isn’t one of them.

What are the games do you guys like… Syracuse versus Purdue want to be interesting, but I think Syracuse is the better team should be high scoring…

How about Houston versus TCU… Honestly I’m not a Dana Holgorsen fan and I don’t think Houston’s consistent at all… But I also think TCU’s defense is horrible. I think it could be a 52 to 48 game.

A couple side notes, you guys may or may not know. Sampson Evans is still playing T-back for eastern Michigan and I saw he'd had a decent game last week versus Minnesota… I forgot He was still playin..

Also, Gavin Williams plays for northern Illinois. It’ll be an interesting game against Nebraska… Nebbie is favored by 10 1/2. This isn’t a great Northern Illinois team but they’re OK.

Can anyone remember where some of our other transfers went? I’d like to try to pay attention and see what kind of stats they get.

@Franisdaman is good at collecting that kind of data.

Last edited:
I was a long time Colorado fan clear back in the 80s. I loved Darian Hagan and flex bone football.

And believe it or not, I’ve followed Colorado St a little bit over the years. I actually like the mountain west conference.

With that said, I think Colorado has a pretty good team, but I don’t think it’s impossible at all, that they struggle mightily in this game. You have to admit it is a classic trap scenario. A big opening weekend win versus TCU who I personally think is going to fall off the map this year, then a big win against hated Nebraska. Two ranked teams coming up…?

On the rest of the weekend…

I’m also very curious to see Texas play Wyoming…

Wyoming is a very up-and-down team historically even though they do have a pretty decent coach, but I am not at all convinced that Texas is suddenly some Juggernaut. I’m not predicting they’ll lose at home, but I think that it will be an interesting game.

Also, super interested in Kansas state versus Missouri… Kansas state looks like the much better team and man is Missouri a very difficult team to follow. They look good, then they look horrible…. They play a power team and look solid but lose, then play someone you expect them to kill and they lose! What are weird team…

Super curious about that Penn State Illinois game… Penn states the better team, I’m not 100% sold on them being as good as other people think however, this is the kind of game that Brett Bielema has the capability of making really really ugly… Penn State will win, but I could see this being a 21-18 game, pretty easy.

How good is Georgia, can South Carolina keep it close…long time gamecocks fan predating Lou Holtz, in fact going clear back to George Roger’s the running back…any of you remember him?

Tenn/Florida… Tennessee is another team I believe will take a step back, and I do think Florida has a pretty good defense and Joe Milton is erratic as hell in my opinion!!

LSU/Miss St… I’ve always liked Mississippi State going clear back to Jackie Sherril, for any of you old time football guys that remember him. Back in around 99-00 they had a really good team and an incredible Defense… Sensational defensive line in particular played about 8-9 guys!

I like Minnesota to “Minnesota” North Carolina… like they do in the early season against a lot of teams. North Carolina just doesn’t play very good defense anymore. For those of you that have followed college football as long as I have, years and years ago, they typically played pretty good defense, but they do not anymore and I think Minnesota has found their running back and I do think they will win some games this year… I do think they’ll struggle versus some big 10 teams but I think they can win this game …

I honestly think Iowa State will smoke Ohio… I think they will have a very hard time moving the ball on ISU.

I like Utah State to cover versus Air Force for sure, and maybe beat them. If it wasn’t for the fact that I think Air Force is a little salty, because Utah State beat them last year, Id feel really good about predicting the win, but I do think it’ll be a high scoring game. 38-35

Super curious about the Wiscy/Georgia Southern game…they beat UAB 49-35. For those of you, that don’t know UAB has had a winning record since they brought football back about five-ish years ago, now the negative is Clay Helton, former USC coach is now Georgia Southern’s coach, but I’ve got to see something from Wisconsin. I’m not sure they’re the same Wisconsin at all. If you see Georgia Southern score, 20+ points against Wisconsin there are some questions going on up there….

For those that haven’t been watching Wiscy beat Buffalo 38 to 17, but buffalo went on to lose to Fordham the next weekend like 41-37. Buffalo has had good teams before, but this isn’t one of them.

What are the games do you guys like… Syracuse versus Purdue want to be interesting, but I think Syracuse is the better team should be high scoring…

How about Houston versus TCU… Honestly I’m not a Dana Holgorsen fan and I don’t think Houston’s consistent at all… But I also think TCU’s defense is horrible. I think it could be a 52 to 48 game.

A couple side notes, you guys may or may not know. Sampson Evans is still playing T-back for eastern Michigan and I saw he'd had a decent game last week versus Minnesota… I forgot He was still playin..

Also, Gavin Williams plays for northern Illinois. It’ll be an interesting game against Nebraska… Nebbie is favored by 10 1/2. This isn’t a great Northern Illinois team but they’re OK.

Can anyone remember where some of our other transfers went? I’d like to try to pay attention and see what kind of stats they get.

@Franisdaman is good at collecting that kind of data.
Are you and max both on the spectrum or just you?

The read the first and last paragraphs.

If you didn’t mention him, Padilla is at SMU. I don’t think he plays.

Totally forgot him….I was bored. Kind of a stream of consciousness 😂

The hype around prime is tiresome already.
Great player who does not bother me as much as the media creating such a sensation around him.
Hope Norvell knows what he is doing.
My pool this week picks w point spread:
UNC over Minny
Miss st over Lsu
Col st over Colorado
PSU over ill
South Carolina over Georgia

Last edited:
Are you writing a book? What's with these extremely long posts lately? Colorado is going to destroy CSU. CSU is garbage.

I don’t know…. I can definitely be overly wordy at times. However I’ve cut that back quite a bit. But for some reason I started out, thinking about this Colorado/Colorado State game, and just started musing out loud in a stream of consciousness about this weekend… Bored I guess.

🤪

Great player who does not bother me as much as the media creating such a sensation around him.
UNC over Minny
Miss st over Lsu
Col st over Colorado
PSU over ill

Interesting

• Haha
Reactions: HawkPocrisy
When Sanders first started coaching I thought it would be a joke. Then I saw that he was implementing rigid behavior and appearance standards I realized he understood the role discipline played in building a culture and program. The only negative I have seen is his own kid, he needs to understand that he cannot have a separate standard for his own kid.

I saw our favorite Nebraska fan changed his screen name again ?

Do you have to wait until some posts to put them on ignore? I don’t
Off topic but went to a Notre Dame/Air Force game in Colorado Springs when I lived there years ago. It was quite a great experience and a beautiful setting.

Certainly not off topic in the thread that started as a stream of consciousness lol

I like these kind of threads a lot more than talking about the coaches.

I saw our favorite Nebraska fan changed his screen name again ?

Do you have to wait until some posts to put them on ignore? I don’t

Certainly not off topic in the thread that started as a stream of consciousness lol

I like these kind of threads a lot more than talking about the coaches.
What is his screen name now? I need to go ahead and ignore. It has been glorious not reading his crap.

UNC over Minny
Miss st over Lsu
Col st over Colorado
PSU over ill
Agreed, I'm tired of hearing about him already.

• Haha
I doubt Colorado State will be able to shut Sanders up.

But, it’s coming soon enough with Oregon and USC.

A few losses probably still won’t shut his big mouth though, unfortunately.

Colorado will soon be known as the Thugaloes. Demon’s culture is of poor sportsmanship and I would love to see their class attendance.

• Haha
I doubt Colorado State will be able to shut Sanders up.

But, it’s coming soon enough with Oregon and USC.

A few losses probably still won’t shut his big mouth though, unfortunately.
It's like people forgot how he was as a player.

• Wow
CSU is terrible. Their offense was arguably the worst in all of college football last year— even worse than Iowa’s. The only reason they didn’t finish last statistically is because they played a number of teams who finished in the bottom in points allowed— like Hawaii. Northern Iowa would likely hang a Ferentz-25 on them.

Though I agree that I am not buying into Colorado being a good team this year, they should beat CSU and it will likely be a blood bath.

Last edited:
Didn't Deion come into Boulder saying he's am old school coach and there wasn't going to be any hats, jewelry, saggy pants, etc in the locker room? Am I miss quoting or remembering incorrectly?

Did that just go out the window? If not, he certainly isn't leading by example.

Reactions: HFan1981
Didn't Deion come into Boulder saying he's am old school coach and there wasn't going to be any hats, jewelry, saggy pants, etc in the locker room? Am I miss quoting or remembering incorrectly?

Did that just go out the window? If not, he certainly isn't leading by example.
His schtick is tired. Act like a grown man for god sakes.

Didn't Norvell's college coach always wear sunglasses and a hat? I don't recall him ever taking his sunglasses off outside.

Yes, I"m aware of Hayden's service and irreparable damage done to his eyes. Calm down, Prime hater.

Smart move on Norvell's part. He is bringing attention to his program, a program nobody in the nation notices.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT