ADVERTISEMENT

Loud, low flying aircraft spotted flying over Eastern Iowa Thursday night

Jade Helm. I keep telling you people it's Jade Helm. We all knew this would happen after Biden stole the election. The shock troops are moving in to establish martial law and prevent Trump from being inaugurated on the real day, May 15.

Yes! I was out at Kingston Stadium for the Jefferson vs Washington boys soccer match, and it felt like the infamous Kinnick “Too-Low” Flyover. Definitely a fighter jet. Odd to say the least.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Years ago we lived in a small town and a military jet dove at the town then pulled up into a vertical assent. Turned out to be a local kid saying hi to his mother.

The story was that pilots could acknowledge their families on long flights if they hadn't seen them for a while. Sounds kind of goofy and I'm sure I don't have the details correct on when they could do this, but I vividly recall when it happened. I think I heard he later served on the crew of Air Force One.

The above was my guess too. Back in WW2 when my Uncle was flying from training to the West Coast, he buzzed our little town in western Iowa with his B-25.

Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
I certainly heard it go over. I ran outside because it sounded like a commercial airliner having issues/low. I live close enough to the CR airport to have some planes fly over if they're landing from the west. I never did catch a glimpse of the thing.

tenor.gif

And I swear I saw reports of black helicopters over Iowa City too. For sure heard some big low helicopters the one night but couldn’t see them.
On KCRG’s story people in other states were noticing similar things.

this just a normal big military training or is something up/staging/moving assets for transport?

Reactions: win4jj
And I swear I saw reports of black helicopters over Iowa City too. For sure heard some big low helicopters the one night but couldn’t see them.
On KCRG’s story people in other states were noticing similar things.

this just a normal big military training or is something up/staging/moving assets for transport?
Aliens.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
I saw on Twitter than Wisconsin is attacking Iowa. They aren’t handling their losses to us this year very well.

I dunno about all that. Wisconsin has had the upper hand for the better part of a decade now.

Damn that guy!
That’s on the aircraft carrier after the remaining MiGs bugged out and an elated Maverick requests a victorious fly by, only to hear, “negative ghost rider, the pattern is full.” Laughing then ensues by Maverick and Merlin asks, “excuse me, is there something I should know about?” Followed by your line from above.

This is that not so happy guy on the first fly by at the Top Gun academy......

Last edited:
Years ago we lived in a small town and a military jet dove at the town then pulled up into a vertical assent. Turned out to be a local kid saying hi to his mother.

The story was that pilots could acknowledge their families on long flights if they hadn't seen them for a while. Sounds kind of goofy and I'm sure I don't have the details correct on when they could do this, but I vividly recall when it happened. I think I heard he later served on the crew of Air Force One.
Herkster,

Many moons ago, a fedex pilot flying a DC-10/MD-11 thought Iowa City was CR and tried to land there about 6am. At the last minute he realized, umm oops, and applied full TOGA power to get back into the skies. Otherwise, possible DC-10 parts and free packages in IC :)

That’s on the aircraft carrier after the remaining MiGs bugged out and an elated Maverick requests a victorious fly by.

This is that not so happy guy on the first one at Top Gun....
Except the Migs were mui non authentico. As a plane nut, this disappointed me far worse than what has happened to poor Kelly McGillis.

My uncle buzzed his hometown back in probably the late 60s. He was a test pilot with McDonnell Douglas in St Louis.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Nothing like the roar of a fighter jet. I heard him as well. And he wasn’t even throttled up or on the burner. He could have really put on a show if he’d wanted to. 😀

My uncle buzzed his hometown back in probably the late 60s. He was a test pilot with McDonnell Douglas in St Louis.
My uncle supposedly buzzed our farm back in the late 40s or 50s. They were bomber planes practicing drops.

He knew my dad and Grampa would be out in the fields, and he came in super low and pulled up to come just over the edge of the bluff. My dad said he had to go back to the house to change his underwear.

Nothing like the roar of a fighter jet. I heard him as well. And he wasn’t even throttled up or on the burner. He could have really put on a show if he’d wanted to. 😀
We went to the QC Air Show and were in the Isle VIP tent getting a beer. The buddy I was with nudges me and says "watch this." In the distance you can see a couple of F-15's headed our way, you can't hear them but you can see them. They flew about 20 feet over our heads and just blasted the place. Lots of dropped beers and food and screams. Never heard a damn thing until they were on top of us. It was totally awesome. /CSB

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
We went to the QC Air Show and were in the Isle VIP tent getting a beer. The buddy I was with nudges me and says "watch this." In the distance you can see a couple of F-15's headed our way, you can't hear them but you can see them. They flew about 20 feet over our heads and just blasted the place. Lots of dropped beers and food and screams. Never heard a damn thing until they were on top of us. It was totally awesome. /CSB

Yessir! I saw the F-22 at the QC show a few years ago. My wife had never seen a fighter jet demo before and was standing next to me as he came flying in. He went vertical directly over the crowd and lit up. The sound was like being hit in the face with an anvil. I laughed and glanced over at my wife. She was back sitting in her chair hunched over with her fingers in her ears. It terrified her. Sound of freedom baby! :)

We get the occasional fighter jet doing a touch and go in Tallahassee and I’ll see A-10’s from Moody AFB also. There isn’t a ton I miss about my hometown next to Tyndall AFB, but hearing the jets is one of them. Was the F-15, F-4’s and some others growing up. Later it was the F-22’s (Hurricane Michael has since caused them to move to Eglin AFB. In the next few years they are getting three F-35 squadrons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT