ADVERTISEMENT

Luka

Bro D

HR Legend
Nov 17, 2003
Iowa bball was my first love. BJ was my first favorite player as a child at age 6. Countless favorite players.. cs40, andre, deano, kingsbury, Brunner, horner, etc etc etc. I came in thinking Joe dub was gonna be the goat... but man, I am fairly certain Luka is gonna go down as my all time favorite hawk. Kid is amazing

/csb

Drunk

Luka is allowed to freely foul without them being called, do you think he will get away with that in Columbus or East Lansing?

Luka is allowed to freely foul without them being called, do you think he will get away with that in Columbus or East Lansing?

But he was allowed to get away with it in Ann Arbor (still a whore)? Are you saying Izzo and Holtmann have THAT much influence over the refs?

Iowa bball was my first love. BJ was my first favorite player as a child at age 6. Countless favorite players.. cs40, andre, deano, kingsbury, Brunner, horner, etc etc etc. I came in thinking Joe dub was gonna be the goat... but man, I am fairly certain Luka is gonna go down as my all time favorite hawk. Kid is amazing

/csb

Drunk

I think he used the Megan Gustafson training method in the off-season: two handed Mikan drills for hours on end.

His quick move and touch around the basket is light years above what it was last year. He is doing exactly what she did - catching and going to the hoop in one motion w/o 'setting' or 'gathering' low where the double-team can strip the ball away. And when 1-1, he just shoots quickly over people with that mini-hook. Incredible soft-touch on the ball for a big man around the hoop.

Iowa's outside/guard play was the weak point yesterday - they could not shake the defense to get open looks. Some of that is just that our backcourt players (G, SF) just haven't learned the spacing and moving w/o the ball well enough yet at this level. That will improve over the year - we know they can shoot. Even with Bohannon (likely) shutting it down, this team has tourney potential if we can get the backcourt guys open. Pemsl and Kreiner are going to have to step up their play away from the hoop to get those guys open shots.

Garza is just unstoppable if no one doubles him. I think he's gonna have a decision to make as to whether this is his last year in college or not.

I think he used the Megan Gustafson training method in the off-season: two handed Mikan drills for hours on end.

His quick move and touch around the basket is light years above what it was last year. He is doing exactly what she did - catching and going to the hoop in one motion w/o 'setting' or 'gathering' low where the double-team can strip the ball away. And when 1-1, he just shoots quickly over people with that mini-hook. Incredible soft-touch on the ball for a big man around the hoop.

Iowa's outside/guard play was the weak point yesterday - they could not shake the defense to get open looks. Some of that is just that our backcourt players (G, SF) just haven't learned the spacing and moving w/o the ball well enough yet at this level. That will improve over the year - we know they can shoot. Even with Bohannon (likely) shutting it down, this team has tourney potential if we can get the backcourt guys open. Pemsl and Kreiner are going to have to step up their play away from the hoop to get those guys open shots.

Garza is just unstoppable if no one doubles him. I think he's gonna have a decision to make as to whether this is his last year in college or not.

I use the Milan drill with my youth basketball team. Want to find out what kind of shape you are in? Try one for 5 minutes. Good luck. My kids are gassed after a couple of minutes.

Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT