ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Brewer

nosok23

Scout Team
Aug 15, 2023
Just received a verbal offer from Georgia. Not many kids from Iowa get this offer especially as a 15 year old! TEU needs to do there work to keep him instate!

They sure do, but I’m guessing they send a lot of guys on who would have made if they’d been coached by a piece of furniture.
Exactly.

So, in cases where guys are likely to make the NFL regardless, many will choose a school where they’ll have a chance to achieve the most with the team…play in huge games…

Unfortunately but understandably, this leads most high-caliber dudes to programs like UGA.

Exactly.

So, in cases where guys are likely to make the NFL regardless, many will choose a school where they’ll have a chance to achieve the most with the team…play in huge games…

Unfortunately but understandably, this leads most high-caliber dudes to programs like UGA.
...and other 'blue blood' schools, as we've experienced more than once.

Pissed-Off-House-Of-Cards.gif

Have you seen the offer lists of both Evan Jacobson and Thomas Meyer? Honestly, the state of Iowa has done an insane job of producing TE talent.
I see they both have really good offers but neither have a Georgia one especially heading into Sophomore year with plenty more offers headed his way. The state has been producing good talent at that position

I see they both have really good offers but neither have a Georgia one especially heading into Sophomore year with plenty more offers headed his way. The state has been producing good talent at that position
what is the obsession with Georgia? Honestly, Wisky and Miami historically are much better at producing TE talent. Hell Jacobson has an Ohio State offer, among a much more impressive list.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Don't let Ohio State get in your way. I can't wait for you two to look at Nick Brooks's offer list, and when he received those offers.
Just saying it’s pretty obvious why anyone would have an “obsession” over a program like Georgia.

I don’t have an interest in looking at Brook’s offer timeline…what’s the synopsis?

Reactions: littlez
They sure do, but I’m guessing they send a lot of guys on who would have made if they’d been coached by a piece of furniture.
true. and conversely at the TE position iowa has sent a lot of guys to the nfl who appeared to be a piece of furniture coming in.

Just saying it’s pretty obvious why anyone would have an “obsession” over a program like Georgia.

I don’t have an interest in looking at Brook’s offer timeline…what’s the synopsis?
I can't say I am surprised by a response like this. He was offered by the major programs in 2022, his sophomore year. 1st offer from PSU, then lands Georgia, Bama....etc.

I can't say I am surprised by a response like this. He was offered by the major programs in 2022, his sophomore year. 1st offer from PSU, then lands Georgia, Bama....etc.
You’re responding like I’m being argumentative…

What’s happening here…..? I must have missed something.

I'm responding because you are too lazy to use google? In essence it is a retort with no backing, so why respond?
Maybe you think I’m trying to make (Arguing?) a point that I’m not..

ALL I’m saying is an offer to a recruit from a school such as Georgia carry’s a lot of weight and for obvious reasons.

Reactions: littlez
Maybe you think I’m trying to make (Arguing?) a point that I’m not..

ALL I’m saying is an offer to a recruit from a school such as Georgia carry’s a lot of weight and for obvious reasons.
An offer from a school like Georgia doesn't carry the weight of multiple high level offers. It is very funny that a specific number of schools, especially around the midwest, somehow end up offering kids with in a week of an Iowa offer.

An offer from a school like Georgia doesn't carry the weight of multiple high level offers. It is very funny that a specific number of schools, especially around the midwest, somehow end up offering kids with in a week of an Iowa offer.
Other schools have definitely taken note of IOWA's ability to find talent. I think we're seeing that. Brett turned it into a cottage industry in Madison. He'd regularly jump in on Iowa recruits.

The question is, would some of these guys develop the same at Georgia or LSU like they do at Iowa. Of course they're top programs but everybody goes about development a little differently. There's talent and then there's "fit".

Last edited:
Reactions: squeezebox
You’re responding like I’m being argumentative…

What’s happening here…..? I must have missed something.

My guess is your general negativity towards the Iowa staff has proceeded you and I’m not saying it should or shouldn’t in this scenario🤷‍♂️ but are actions do brand us…

My guess is your general negativity towards the Iowa staff has proceeded you and I’m not saying it should or shouldn’t in this scenario🤷‍♂️ but are actions do brand us…
How on earth did the board's smartest poster get through 9th grade grammar?

• Haha
Reactions: LukaDuka
You got the grammar / spelling po po after you. They must not have kids in school now. They'd realize the system doesn't stress that now like back in olden days.

Oh and isn't something like that now considered racist as hell making people conform and use whitey's form of words and sentence structures and all?

Reactions: cmhawks99
what is the obsession with Georgia? Honestly, Wisky and Miami historically are much better at producing TE talent. Hell Jacobson has an Ohio State offer, among a much more impressive list.
Wisconsin? Surely you meant Notre Dame, I’ve never heard of anyone consider Wisconsin an NFL TE pipeline.

Jacobson has more offers because he's a year older.

They'll both have their pick of anywhere they want to play. Brewer is the most impressive looking 15 year old I've ever seen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT