ADVERTISEMENT

MAGA Meltdown

EasyHawk

HR Legend
Jun 21, 2015
My brother called in a tizzy, he had gone to Walgreens to pick up a couple items and he saw a black lady putting things in her purse (I know, Mark, it isn’t relevant as he would have responded the same whether she was black, brown, yellow, or red). So he went to the checkout and reported it and the girl said “sorry, I can’t do anything about that. It happens all the time.” So then he wanted to walk out with his items (one was $5.99 three years ago and now is $8.99 and the other was $8 then and $12 now due to Biden’s inflation. But had he done that he knows he would be arrested and fired from his job immediately. He is sure if we have four more years of this admin there will be no country left. Been a rough Monday for him!

Last edited:
I worked at Hyvee in the 90s and this was the case then. We were told to call police and not confront or chase the shoplifters. What is a minimum wage cashier going to care/do about it.
Our Hy-Vee is quite active with trying to catch people but it is usually management members following people and even more using cameras. They have caught a lot of people lately. They call the cops once they see them return to the store and then go back and watch video for additional occurrences.

Our Hy-Vee is quite active with trying to catch people but it is usually management members following people and even more using cameras. They have caught a lot of people lately. They call the cops once they see them return to the store and then go back and watch video for additional occurrences.
My Hy-Vee has an armed fake cop for this

Does the liberal in you approve of it? Lol, strange way to word that.
Obviously not, but it's the Republican in me who wants serious consequences for it. I know I am probably generalizing but historically it's the conservatives who are pro harsher punishment that the liberals.

Obviously not, but it's the Republican in me who wants serious consequences for it. I know I am probably generalizing but historically it's the conservatives who are pro harsher punishment that the liberals.
Yeah, just giving ya shit. I agree with ya. Makes me sick that society has allowed this type of behavior. You can thank fvcking lawyers for this shit. Everyone afraid of being sued by the fvcking criminal trash.

My no pic daughter worked during college at a Starbucks in Iowa City and she said they had two there and they usually just stood around. So someone asked if they could bring in carts and that did not go over well.
Starbucks had armed guards? The one on Clinton by the ped mall? Also, carts like weed vape carts?

I worked at Hyvee in the 90s and this was the case then. We were told to call police and not confront or chase the shoplifters. What is a minimum wage cashier going to care/do about it.
Walgreens cares more about the payout of one of their clerks getting assaulted than they do about whether or not the clerk feels like they make enough to care.

Same thing with behavior in schools. Lawsuits keep districts from cracking down on behaviors.
Yep, I hope there will be some serious reform in that regard. It’ll happen eventually, only question is how far will we slide as a society before enough is enough.

It's really sad that people are just basically ALLOWED to steal now. It angers me and the Republican in me wants harsh consequences for this crap.
It bothers me as well.

It’s a shitty situation for store owners. You don’t want to authorize your employees to detain people, and hiring an off-duty police officer can end up costing more than the losses.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Again we prove, though, that we point out race when it is a discrediting situation.

My brother called in a tizzy, he had gone to Walgreens to pick up a couple items and he saw a black lady putting things in her purse (I know, Mark, it isn’t relevant as he would have responded the same whether she was black, brown, yellow, or red). So he went to the checkout and reported it and the girl said “sorry, I can’t do anything about that. It happens all the time.” So then he wanted to walk out with his items (one was $5.99 three years ago and now is $8.99 and the other was $8 then and $12 now due to Biden’s inflation. But had he done that he knows he would be arrested and fired from his job immediately. He is sure if we have four more years of this admin there will be no country left. Been a rough Monday for him!
Did you ask your brother why he didn’t confront the shoplifter? Might be worth asking him how his mind immediately deferred to a 20 year old cashier as the authority in this situation.

I’m generally not a fan of camera surveillance. But, a private business with theft issues should be covered with cameras. If someone steals something and it’s confirmed, no need to confront them. But, put their picture on a wanted sign as you enter the store. Publicly shame them.
And, they aren’t allowed in the store anymore or they face trespass charges.
One strike and you’re out. Let the fake cop work the front door, instead of the exit, as the thieves are making their escape.

Eventually, it will just be facial recognition systems buzzing a guard, if someone on the list is identified.

Exactly. You have to pay people a whole hell of a lot more if you want them to care.

It always cracks me up to see business owners pissed that their minimum wage employees don’t give an eff how much money he’s making.

I’m generally not a fan of camera surveillance. But, a private business with theft issues should be covered with cameras. If someone steals something and it’s confirmed, no need to confront them. But, put their picture on a wanted sign as you enter the store. Publicly shame them.
And, they aren’t allowed in the store anymore or they face trespass charges.
One strike and you’re out. Let the fake cop work the front door, instead of the exit, as the thieves are making their escape.

Eventually, it will just be facial recognition systems buzzing a guard, if someone on the list is identified.

Dirty Johns been doing that for decades. I love it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT