ADVERTISEMENT

Man behind viral tweet 'I got 99 problems but a vax ain't one' dies of COVID-19 in SoCal hospital...

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
LOS ANGELES - A man who mocked COVID-19 vaccinations died this week at a Los Angeles-area hospital after contracting the virus.

Stephen Harmon was 34.

Harmon died on Wednesday at Corona Regional Medical Center, about an hour's drive east of Los Angeles.

Stephen Harmon posted photos of himself in his hospital bed, wrote that he had pneumonia and critically low oxygen levels and was going to be intubated. In a tweet Wednesday, Harmon wrote: "Don’t know when I’ll wake up, please pray."

Three days before his death, Harmon tweeted: "If you don’t have faith that God can heal me over your stupid ventilator then keep the Hell out of my ICU room, there’s no room in here for fear or lack of faith!"

Before his hospitalization, Harmon had made fun of vaccination efforts on social media.

"I got 99 problems but a vax ain't one," he said in a tweet last month.

On July 8, he posted: "Biden’s door to door vaccine ‘surveyors’ really should be called JaCovid Witnesses. #keepmovingdork."

Harmon's death was "unbelievably demoralizing," Dr. Oren Friedman, who treats COVID-10 patients at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, told KCBS-TV. He said the number of COVID-19 admissions had increased tenfold.

"Virtually every single person that is getting sick enough to be admitted to the hospital has not been vaccinated," Friedman said.

California has seen escalating numbers of COVID-19 infections, led by the highly transmissible delta variant that has proliferated since the state fully reopened the economy last month. The vast majority of new cases are among unvaccinated people, and health officials have pleaded for people to get the shots.

On Friday, the state Department of Public Health reported nearly 8,000 new cases a day earlier and the testing positivity rate over seven days had jumped to more than 5% after dipping below 1% only a few weeks ago.

Los Angeles County, which has about a fourth of the state's population, reported more than 3,000 new cases for the first time since February. There were 655 people with COVID-19 in hospitals, a jump of more than 200 people in a week, according to county figures.

Harmon attended Hillsong Church in Los Angeles.

Founder Brian Houston called him "one of the most generous people I know."

"As a church, our focus is on the spiritual well-being of the people in each of our local communities. On any medical issue, we strongly encourage those in our church to follow the guidance of their doctors," Houston said in a statement. "While many of our staff, leadership and congregation have already received the COVID-19 vaccine, we recognize this is a personal decision for each individual to make with the counsel of medical professionals."

ee54df764c7890b473b5d173b47c155b.jpg

LOS ANGELES - A man who mocked COVID-19 vaccinations died this week at a Los Angeles-area hospital after contracting the virus.

Stephen Harmon was 34.

Harmon died on Wednesday at Corona Regional Medical Center, about an hour's drive east of Los Angeles.

Stephen Harmon posted photos of himself in his hospital bed, wrote that he had pneumonia and critically low oxygen levels and was going to be intubated. In a tweet Wednesday, Harmon wrote: "Don’t know when I’ll wake up, please pray."

Three days before his death, Harmon tweeted: "If you don’t have faith that God can heal me over your stupid ventilator then keep the Hell out of my ICU room, there’s no room in here for fear or lack of faith!"

Before his hospitalization, Harmon had made fun of vaccination efforts on social media.

On July 8, he posted: "Biden’s door to door vaccine ‘surveyors’ really should be called JaCovid Witnesses. #keepmovingdork."

Harmon's death was "unbelievably demoralizing," Dr. Oren Friedman, who treats COVID-10 patients at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, told KCBS-TV. He said the number of COVID-19 admissions had increased tenfold.

"Virtually every single person that is getting sick enough to be admitted to the hospital has not been vaccinated," Friedman said.

California has seen escalating numbers of COVID-19 infections, led by the highly transmissible delta variant that has proliferated since the state fully reopened the economy last month. The vast majority of new cases are among unvaccinated people, and health officials have pleaded for people to get the shots.

On Friday, the state Department of Public Health reported nearly 8,000 new cases a day earlier and the testing positivity rate over seven days had jumped to more than 5% after dipping below 1% only a few weeks ago.

Los Angeles County, which has about a fourth of the state's population, reported more than 3,000 new cases for the first time since February. There were 655 people with COVID-19 in hospitals, a jump of more than 200 people in a week, according to county figures.

"As a church, our focus is on the spiritual well-being of the people in each of our local communities. On any medical issue, we strongly encourage those in our church to follow the guidance of their doctors," Houston said in a statement. "While many of our staff, leadership and congregation have already received the COVID-19 vaccine, we recognize this is a personal decision for each individual to make with the counsel of medical professionals."

I hope this guy did go to heaven and Jesus called him a dumbass.

A woman in Little Rock, Arkansas walked into a doctor's
office with both of her ears burned. "What happened?"
asks the doctor.

"While I was ironing my blouse, the phone rang, and I
picked up the iron instead of the phone" she says.

The doctor asks, "That explains one ear , but what about
the other one?" The woman says: "The jerk called again."

Have an employee that works for my company that called our HR department to complain about them pushing the vaccine, then was calling co-workers he knew and telling them not to get it. He's been sick 3 weeks and they just called in hospice I was just told. He lives in Florida. It's almost like there's covidkarma. Or Karmacovid? something like that.

Have an employee that works for my company that called our HR department to complain about them pushing the vaccine, then was calling co-workers he knew and telling them not to get it. He's been sick 3 weeks and they just called in hospice I was just told. He lives in Florida. It's almost like there's covidkarma. Or Karmacovid? something like that.
Darwin remains undefeated.

Reactions: Torg
Here we have the classic mistake of where a person believes that since God CAN heal them that he necessarily WILL heal them.

Reactions: Joes Place
God doth have a sense of humor.

I cannot claim this as an original thought . . . I read it somewhere but it is appropriate.

What if God's method for saving people was the intellect bestowed upon those who developed the vaccines and that God relied upon some of his "children" to develop the way to keep people from getting extremely ill and/or dying?

Why are all of these "God will save me" people so confident that development of the vaccine isn't God's will?

I cannot claim this as an original thought . . . I read it somewhere but it is appropriate.

What if God's method for saving people was the intellect bestowed upon those who developed the vaccines and that God relied upon some of his "children" to develop the way to keep people from getting extremely ill and/or dying?

Why are all of these "God will save me" people so confident that development of the vaccine isn't God's will?

There is an old wives tale to this extent. I found it so as to copy paste it.

A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.

Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."

The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."

So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."

To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."

To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"

To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

Stephen Harmon was 34.

Stories like this actually make this agnostic think that there is a God who’s as tired of stupid people as I am.

Stories like this actually make this agnostic think that there is a God who’s as tired of stupid people as I am.

Honestly I think the religious aspect of it comes into play that a lot of religious people unfortunately have joined the cult of Trump and that cult has been pushing the "question the vaccine and masks" bit for a while now.

Think about it . . . pre-Trump how common was it really for Christians to question vaccinations? Most Christians I knew including the most conservative ones got their kids vaccinated. It just really wasn't a big thing among Christians to question vaccines.

It's the cult of Trump that has been the undoing.

Honestly I think the religious aspect of it comes into play that a lot of religious people unfortunately have joined the cult of Trump and that cult has been pushing the "question the vaccine and masks" bit for a while now.

Think about it . . . pre-Trump how common was it really for Christians to question vaccinations? Most Christians I knew including the most conservative ones got their kids vaccinated. It just really wasn't a big thing among Christians to question vaccines.

It's the cult of Trump that has been the undoing.
It has to be frustrating for truly thoughtful Christians to watch so many of the faith blindly worship such an obvious golden calf.

Reactions: Hawksfinal4

And if all these people believe “God will save me,” why do they need guns?

I got my second vax shot May 1st, Pfizer. This last weekend I caught covid. Started feeling lousy Monday afternoon. Tuesday I was bed ridden for two days. Happy to say I’m on the mend now. I knew I could catch covid still but man o man I never expected it to hit me like that being vaccinated. Moral of this story, I can only imagine the hell I would have suffered had I not got the shot...or worse. So to dipshits like this twitter fool, I feel little no sympathy. You openly mock vaccination? Bye Felicia, good riddance.

I got my second vax shot May 1st, Pfizer. This last weekend I caught covid. Started feeling lousy Monday afternoon. Tuesday I was bed ridden for two days. Happy to say I’m on the mend now. I knew I could catch covid still but man o man I never expected it to hit me like that being vaccinated. Moral of this story, I can only imagine the hell I would have suffered had I not got the shot...or worse. So to dipshits like this twitter fool, I feel little no sympathy. You openly mock vaccination? Bye Felicia, good riddance.

To be fair, the vast majority of the unvaccinated recover just fine, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT