ADVERTISEMENT

Man has worked at same company for 84 years

I had a buddy whose family owned an auctioneer house for a couple generations.

They had an employee that worked there for 60 years. I think he started when he was 14.

I told my buddy they should let him go because he didn't shown enough dedication yet.

Honest question: why do we glorify this shit? I find these stories absolutely disgusting that this poor man could not (or would not) retire.

Reactions: Moral and millah_22
Honest question: why do we glorify this shit? I find these stories absolutely disgusting that this poor man could not (or would not) retire.
LOL!

Direct quote from the article about this "poor man" as you describe him: "The office is his favorite place to be". "When we do what we like we don't see the time go by".

So of course you Libbies are "disgusted" with someone who is happy doing what he obviously loves to do. This is why sane people hate Liberals, mind your own damn business and stay out of other people's lives.

And unlike numerous politicians in this country ("not work"), apparently this guy actually has his shit together. Good for him.

Reactions: NI hawk
I guess. There are also plenty of stories of people feeling like they have lost their identity when they retire. I don't think having your identity attached to your job is healthy but if you are always thr "town librarian/barber/mailman ect" people know who you are.

LOL!

Direct quote from the article about this "poor man" as you describe him: "The office is his favorite place to be". "When we do what we like we don't see the time go by".

So of course you Libbies are "disgusted" with someone who is happy doing what he obviously loves to do. This is why sane people hate Liberals, mind your own damn business and stay out of other people's lives.

And unlike numerous politicians in this country ("not work"), apparently this guy actually has his shit together. Good for him.
62001251.jpg

Reactions: ping72 and Moral
let's toast the centenarian but also appreciate ReneauxView for managing to stay in business this long to make this possible...

"...his advice on longevity is to work for a good company where people feel motivated. "

LOL!

LMAO.

Stay out of other people’s lives? Like not caring if they get an abortion or identify with the opposite gender? Sounds great.

And I’m all for people doing what makes them happy. But if that thing is renting out your time/life to make somebody else a bunch of money there’s nothing that won’t make me think that’s incredibly sad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT