ADVERTISEMENT

Marijuana Is Too Strong Now

having smoked for years during h.s. & college (never having a issue with 2 or 3 blunts a day!) I stopped 15 or so years ago, went to a party & hit my friends weed pen and almost immediately had a panic attack I was high for damn near 6 hours! no thanks never again.

I'll stick to the IPA's & swarm beer.
Angry Will Ferrell GIF

having smoked for years during h.s. & college (never having a issue with 2 or 3 blunts a day!) I stopped 15 or so years ago, went to a party & hit my friends weed pen and almost immediately had a panic attack I was high for damn near 6 hours! no thanks never again.

I wonder if age has anything to do with it. Laid off for a while and went back to it recently... 3mg of a gummy was enough to get a nice buzz. Barley > 40

But I think think the basic point remains... stuff is a lot stronger than what we used to enjoy.

Like I said earlier, most fun I've had with it is smoking a < 20% strain out of a pipe. The stuff > 25% is risky

Reactions: Stoopsbrother

Your mistake was smoking today's weed without understanding the potency. If you're not a regular smoker, all you need is one hit. You don't need anymore than that to mellow out. Go beyond that and the paranoia starts to rev up.

I firmly believe it is not the total THC concentration that causes anxiety or paranoia, but the ratio of THC to CBD. The high strength THC strains are largely obtained by breeding out CBD. Even some of the 18% to 20% strains have less than 1% CBD. I've had zero issues since I started taking a little CBD before bed every night. It has a long half life and there seems to be enough of a residual to prevent any anxiety the next day.

I have one buddy that still partakes, he's nearing 60 now. Him and his wife usually do the gummies thing, but he always brings back some smoke for "special occasions".

Last time I was at his place, he had this stuff he called "knockout punch". He showed it to me, and it looked just like those pictures in the olden days you'd see on the cover of High Times. Thick, gooey, little red and gold hairs everywhere, and stinkin' to high heaven.

He took one hit about 5pm, and was pretty much useless the rest of the night. Knockout punch indeed.
That would have been Columbian Gold or Jamaican Red back in the day. We rarely if ever got Maui Wowie but we did get Thai stick that was dipped in hash oil back on the reg, if you looked for it. If someone showed up with Mexican, we tossed them.

Cali Sinsemilla would show up now and then, but like Mex, we passed on that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT