ADVERTISEMENT

Marine veteran to be charged by Manhattan DA in Jordan Neely subway chokehold death

I wonder if by charging him with second degree manslaughter, if that will prevent them for asking for the lesser charge of involuntary manslaughter.

If so they will probably have a tough time getting a conviction.

I’m curious what Neely was saying that let to the altercation. The mental episode part is completely irrelevant in this situation.

I’m curious what Neely was saying that let to the altercation. The mental episode part is completely irrelevant in this situation.
I can’t think of anything that Neely or anyone else could say that would just being choked to death.

I wonder if by charging him with second degree manslaughter, if that will prevent them for asking for the lesser charge of involuntary manslaughter.

If so they will probably have a tough time getting a conviction.
The lesser charge, Negligent Homicide, is included because it includes all of the same elements.

Reactions: isufan21
He ended a man's life. While I at this moment would likely find him not guilty I don't think we should ever as a society get comfortable with not prosecuting death at the hands of another person. There are of course exceptions but when death occurs because another human being took an action we need to ensure the dead person is represented as well. This is what a jury of peers or about.

I’ve seen this before. Marine kills someone in an altercation and goes to jail. It doesn’t end well. Vegas better buckle up.
Nicolas Cage Hair GIF

Since the coroner ruled the death a homicide, this seemed inevitable, so not surprised.

Question about charges:
In the video, two men restrained Neely (let's not call him a kid) for some duration during the fatal chokehold. Considering these two men chose to restrain Neely while Perry was applying the fatal chokehold, are they complicit in the death? If they had not introduced themselves into the struggle, it seems plausible that Neely may have been able to free an arm or leg, making the chokehold painful but not fatal.
So are the two men complicit, and should they also be charged?

Reactions: seminoleed
Since the coroner ruled the death a homicide, this seemed inevitable, so not surprised.

Question about charges:
In the video, two men restrained Neely (let's not call him a kid) for some duration during the fatal chokehold. Considering these two men chose to restrain Neely while Perry was applying the fatal chokehold, are they complicit in the death? If they had not introduced themselves into the struggle, it seems plausible that Neely may have been able to free an arm or leg, making the chokehold painful but not fatal.
So are the two men complicit, and should they also be charged?

There was talk about that the other day, yes. I suspect those charges are being debated, but the environment required Perry be charged first.

Reactions: NoleinATL
The dude had been arrested 44 times this is on the piece of shit DA Bragg and his predecessors for not getting him to a mental hospital!

This is a super liberal state I am sure they have spent tons of money on Mental Health
No, no, no.... He was just a harmless Michael Jackson impersonator.

Reactions: Chuck C and NI hawk
This isn't IMO going to be an easy case. You have questions about what was reasonable given his actions and even if the initial chokehold was reasonable did he maintain it for an unreasonable length of time.

That said I feel like Bragg is extremely hostile to self defense, his attempts to charge the Bodega owner which in my view was obvious and clear self defense sort of left a bad taste in my mouth. So I don't entirely trust his objectivity on this.

The dude had been arrested 44 times this is on the piece of shit DA Bragg and his predecessors for not getting him to a mental hospital!

This is a super liberal state I am sure they have spent tons of money on Mental Health

How about a combination of incarceration and mental health?

Hopefully the defense team can root out radical leftists during jury selection. Given the location its sure to be an uphill battle but it can be done. Just need a few reasonable people who can hold the line and prevent another polticial prosecution.

I see they did their predictable perp walk. How ridiculous. That should be outlawed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT