ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall

She is too nice. Unfortunately, Womens basketball has been corupted by (don't call them thugs or PC police will show up). But it it's players with attitudes.
The WNBA is unwatchable due to this. If anything Swoops say was true it was to that point that the WNBA will not be a place that welcomes Clark..but a place that trys to put her in her place. It happened to Pistol Pete Maravich went he went to NBA
Its sometimes forgotten these days how great Maravich truly was....showboating....maybe...but he did it naturally.
Many Iowa players are just too nice....just look at the centers.
Good size...but are not allowed to use their size as an advantage. Goodman barely touches someone and they play act to ref like they have been bull dozed. Flopping and play acting to refs is ruining the the game.
Look at the bush league antics of Jaz Shelly who ambushed Hanna as she was trying to go back down court not expecting someone to suddenly dart in front of her and then flop down. And refs rewarded that non-basketball play acting.

Her shot looks like either the rhythm is off or she just got considerably weaker from last year, because it looks like watching a freshman girl in high school struggling to get the ball to the hoop when shooting a 3.....................

2-3 FT's - all year!!?? Can that be right? She plays 30+mpg and has shot 3 FT's? That's rough if true.

They're all lucky, but she's the luckiest and gets the biggest benefit of playing w/ Clark. She wouldn't see 1/2 the minutes she gets if Clark wasn't on the team. Bluder couldn't afford to play her that much if Clark wasn't around.....

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
Her shot looks like either the rhythm is off or she just got considerably weaker from last year, because it looks like watching a freshman girl in high school struggling to get the ball to the hoop when shooting a 3.....................
Looks like her shooting elbow has been uncharacteristically floating out at times this season. I'm sure it's frustrating for her, she just needs to keep shooting. Gabbie is what she is (a spot up 3 point shooter who does give good effort on defense).

Looks like her shooting elbow has been uncharacteristically floating out at times this season. I'm sure it's frustrating for her, she just needs to keep shooting. Gabbie is what she is (a spot up 3 point shooter who does give good effort on defense).
right now, who do you want in for a defensive stop then 3 point shot. Affolter or marshall? My concern is: did she put in as much work and film as she did going into her senior season last year? Did she look at this year as if it was, already earned, so no need to work as hard as before? I have no clue. But something needs to change.

Affolter needs to play over her. If your role is to be the knock down 3 point shooter and lockdown defender, you need to do those things. She is never a threat with the ball, always looking to pass, never to drive and create (see free throw attempts), Affolter can do that. I'd take Affolter's defense over Marshall and I'd have to look, but I can't imagine Affolter shoots the 3 much worse. Another thing is rebounding, Affolter is a monster on the boards and goes after loose balls, Marshall...not so much. In fact, a few key moments in that Nebraska game, it was Marshall's person that got the O board. Bring her in off the bench to mix things up.

Really do feel bad for her, and really hope she gets back to form, but it's been at the point where it's a detriment to the team for some time now.
Her defense is not a detriment to the team. She's usually guarding the best player on the other team. She had a rough outing defensively against Nebraska but once in 25 games is pretty good.

She is too nice. Unfortunately, Womens basketball has been corupted by (don't call them thugs or PC police will show up). But it it's players with attitudes.
The WNBA is unwatchable due to this. If anything Swoops say was true it was to that point that the WNBA will not be a place that welcomes Clark..but a place that trys to put her in her place. It happened to Pistol Pete Maravich went he went to NBA
Its sometimes forgotten these days how great Maravich truly was....showboating....maybe...but he did it naturally.
Good size...but are not allowed to use their size as an advantage. Goodman barely touches someone and they play act to ref like they have been bull dozed. Flopping and play acting to refs is ruining the the game.
Look at the bush league antics of Jaz Shelly who ambushed Hanna as she was trying to go back down court not expecting someone to suddenly dart in front of her and then flop down. And refs rewarded that non-basketball play acting.
Why do people post this kind of stuff? Since when has high level bball ever been nice? As a matter of fact in the late 60’s and 70’s there were more brawls in college bball than they ever have now. The fact of the matter is she’s just plain lost her confidence. She also got beat for some key offensive rebounds the other night. Puts the coach in a tough position as she’s been through a lot together with Bluder and I think Lisa believes she can get it back. But passing up wide open 3’s and not really being the defensive stopper some think she is hurts us. Not sure what you do at this point.

Reactions: MilleGinja
right now, who do you want in for a defensive stop then 3 point shot. Affolter or marshall? My concern is: did she put in as much work and film as she did going into her senior season last year? Did she look at this year as if it was, already earned, so no need to work as hard as before? I have no clue. But something needs to change.
I would play Feuerbach and McCabe more in the 1st and 2nd Qtrs and let them find their confidence so if needed you can feel confident as a coach to take a chance on them in the 4th when, not if, Gabbie is nonexistent on offense.

If Feuerbsvh and McCabe split her minutes. We would have won and we wouldn’t be talking about CC and MD being sick. GM is a liability to this team if she isn’t making her wide open 3’s!
It seems a shame we won't see what McCabe could bring until her junior year. Why she hasn't gotten major minutes in some of those blowouts is a mystery.

Too late in the season now.

Maybe Iowa needs a couple of enforcers. Not that skilled but tough.

Wtf does this have to do with anything?

Reactions: littlez
There's been a game or two when she made 4 or so and you think SHE'S BACK...then the next game she goes 0-6 :(
I have wondered why coaches don't sub for someone that is having an off night and try someone else? It can change with each game or each half. Sit someone that is cold and give another player a chance.

Her defense is not a detriment to the team. She's usually guarding the best player on the other team. She had a rough outing defensively against Nebraska but once in 25 games is pretty good.
But as others have mentioned, Kylie is a darned good defender and at least provides a threat offensively.
Again I hope GM gets things going, and im not trying to poo on her but others could do more.

I have wondered why coaches don't sub for someone that is having an off night and try someone else? It can change with each game or each half. Sit someone that is cold and give another player a chance.
I think they think the next one is going in, maybe

Reactions: amahawk
10 games of 0-37 from 3 is literally impossible when that’s basically all she shoots. Not sure why at this point anyone thinks it’s going to change. She should be playing 10-15 minutes a game at this point. Does anyone have any plus minus numbers? She’s getting bullied on the other end as well. If there was a guy on the team playing like this he would be crucified. I get we’re 20 some games into the season and you probably have to just hope for the best.

Reactions: ddeanHawk
I just hope McCabe comes back net year.
McCabe will be a starter next year and finally get to prove herself. I don't question many of Bluder's decisions but I think she has stuck with Marshall too long waiting for her to come out of her funk. Taylor was recruited for her ability to drain the 3 as she had a career and state best 389 treys in high school. If Iowa has a chance in the postseason something needs to change.

But as others have mentioned, Kylie is a darned good defender and at least provides a threat offensively.
Again I hope GM gets things going, and im not trying to poo on her but others could do more.
Kylie is good on defense but she is turnover prone every time she touches the ball. What does she average 4 points.

GM needs to follow her shot since it isn’t falling right now, fake the 3 and tske it to the rim to get fouls on the other team. She isn’t doing the things a senior should be doing and that’s being aggressive on both ends of the court.

Reactions: Incredible Hawk
I just hope McCabe comes back net year.
I thought she'd leave after last year. I'm sure it's hard to walk away from a team that made the finals and I'm guessing the coaches gave her the "every spot is open for competition" talk. The fact that she hasn't played this year stinks.....I would guess she plays 20+ minutes/game next year....

Reactions: HIWILLE
10 games of 0-37 from 3 is literally impossible when that’s basically all she shoots. Not sure why at this point anyone thinks it’s going to change. She should be playing 10-15 minutes a game at this point. Does anyone have any plus minus numbers? She’s getting bullied on the other end as well. If there was a guy on the team playing like this he would be crucified. I get we’re 20 some games into the season and you probably have to just hope for the best.
Agree. I honestly don't how you can go 0-37 in 10 games. You could literally be blind folded and atleast make 1, maybe even 2.

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
31-68 (45%) in games decided by >20. The question is what was the point differential between the teams when those 31 makes happened? Are the 20pt wins because of her shooting in those games or because Iowa was up by a comfortable margin at the time of the makes?

I don't have enough time to figure that out.....

31-68 (45%) in games decided by >20. The question is what was the point differential between the teams when those 31 makes happened? Are the 20pt wins because of her shooting in those games or because Iowa was up by a comfortable margin at the time of the makes?

I don't have enough time to figure that out.....
Probably both. This is a much better team if someone is hitting well from 3 and usually it's gabby in the game. If she happens to be hitting well this team is hard to beat. She's probably only had 2-3 good shooting games this year, that's a problem. McCabe needs to be in there more, she is much more consistent. She rarely misses when she's shots it seems

She has become Josh ogelsby. The worst “great “ college shooter of all time. No one with his ability should have been playing anywhere above d2. But Jo was good to Fran’s boys, hence the union card.

2-3 FT's - all year!!?? Can that be right? She plays 30+mpg and has shot 3 FT's? That's rough if true.

They're all lucky, but she's the luckiest and gets the biggest benefit of playing w/ Clark. She wouldn't see 1/2 the minutes she gets if Clark wasn't on the team. Bluder couldn't afford to play her that much if Clark wasn't around.....
having a guard that only can shoot three's really limits your options

she has no way to create her own shot, she basically relies on CC or KM to get her a wide open look

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT