ADVERTISEMENT

McNamara Remains the Starter Despite Turnovers, Lack of Production

Its Going Down GIF by Philips Norelco

It's like if he makes a switch he is somehow admitting he was wrong to start with. If that's his thinking, what a convoluted thought process.
i’m thinking he knows the next guy is better but worries we’ll drop a couple games if we transition qbs during the season. even if that’s the case he should play sullivan situationally at least and gradually increase his time on field. we just don’t have the defense any more to ride a non-qb to 10+ wins.

Kirk played a cruel trick on us with Brad Banks
Probably the most painful thing Kirk has ever been forced to do.

Don’t forget that Aaron Greving was the returning starter at RB coming into that season but gave up football if memory serves. While Aaron was absolutely a solid and established back, he was nowhere near as explosive as either Fred Russell or Jermelle Lewis.

I’m sure it gnaws on Kirk incessantly to this day how pedestrian that 2002 offense could have been.

At this point I hope Iowa gets their a$$ kicked from here on out.
If it takes a complete implosion to move the needle to change then so be it!
There I said it
Our remaining opponents feel the same. Sounds like you need to buy some Tosu gear. Might make you happier.

There I said it
Unfortunately Parker will keep us in all remaining games….🥲 I was at my wits end last season, now I am just numb…

Reactions: HawkBall23
There is little doubt in my mind that Cade will look better this week, but he'll still be the same guy with the same lack of mobility, questionable arm, and accuracy problems. It's just who he is and nothing can change that. Strangely enough, this is why Kirk will stick with him. He sees a guy with very limited ability who's doing all he can to win games, and that's good enough to hold on to the position. Nothing else really matters. I'm 100% certain that he could have Tom Brady sitting on the bench right now and he wouldn't make a change. Like Cade, that's just who he is.

If driving fans toward apathy was the main goal of his contractual obligation, no university on Earth could begin to afford to pay KF his due.

Sticking with Bacon Hill last year and now sticking with McNamara. Playing two guys who could barely move for whatever reason, behind an OL who can't even block a breeze.

It's been a good number of years now, Kirk -

figure-it-out-fan.gif

There I said it
Just beat Nebraska. That's all I really care about at this point. But they probably won't. Everyone else can pull Kirk's pants down for all I care.

Despite my earlier comment, I don't think Sullivan would do that much better than Cade. Sure, he can run, but we're talking about a guy who was a backup at Northwestern. I think the real problem lies at the OLine and wide receivers unable to get open. Gill has been far and away the most reliable WR we've had in years, and RVZ is a true freshman. Cade has been pretty accurate, with some nice passes against OSU's elite secondary.

Reactions: LukaDuka
The toughest place to move the football is the red zone.

I know he has only handed off on some of the scores. But, you can’t complain about the TD to FG rate that Sullivan has so far this year.

If he can be successful in the red zone, it seems likely he would find success when there is more of the field to use.

Despite my earlier comment, I don't think Sullivan would do that much better than Cade. Sure, he can run, but we're talking about a guy who was a backup at Northwestern. I think the real problem lies at the OLine and wide receivers unable to get open. Gill has been far and away the most reliable WR we've had in years, and RVZ is a true freshman. Cade has been pretty accurate, with some nice passes against OSU's elite secondary.

He was a starter at Northwestern and was probably going to start again this season

Kirk played a cruel trick on us with Brad Banks
I think Kirk back then leaned more heavily on his assistants, and he had great ones. He had something to prove. The team was fun and explosive, something he clearly isn’t. But also Kirk was way more animated back then too. Age does slow us down but Kirk was a hot head. Now he chews gum

Once he achieved the success he did and his assistants moved on…he dug in a lot more.

Now he’s surrounded by guys who are collecting a paycheck and don’t have any ambition for greater things. So Kirk has total control and we’ve got this product

Reactions: littlez
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT