ADVERTISEMENT

McNamara Remains the Starter Despite Turnovers, Lack of Production

KF is sticking with McNamara -- despite Brendan Sullivan's success in limited snaps and all of McNamara's issues to start the year.

STORY:
The thing that is really shocking to me is that Kirk seems to have no trouble replacing established running backs and receivers with new guys. He's never be shy about pulling an RB out of a game that commits a turnover.

But QB....

Why is it Kirk’s call who the QB is? It’s not Kirk’s call when Phil pulls X for Entringer. Lester should say Sullivan is starting and if Kirk tries to poo poo that then force Kirk to fire him and go scorched earth on Kirk.

KF trolling Iowa fans...

fpKLuS.gif

Anyone who thinks Sullivan wouldn't be a major upgrade over old man McNamara doesn't know much about football.

Name ONE other team . . . FBS or FCS . . . that would start McNamara again this week after the way he's played so far. Yah, I can't think of a single one either.
you nailed it there...

mood GIF

At this point I hope Iowa gets their a$$ kicked from here on out.
If it takes a complete implosion to move the needle to change then so be it!
There I said it
I won’t be upset if we lose to Washington Saturday.

We should lose out so Kirk can consider retirement.

Listen to any coach at any level. Coachspeak is universal, not copyrighted by Kirk.
Not true at all. Lots and lots of coaches actually speak the way they know everybody saw the game play out. Actually expressing disappointment.

Kirk is on another level with his “I thought our guys competed. They played hard.”
Most lame, tiresome shit ever.

Reactions: shobart and sabula
I’d rather lose out so Kirk can basically get pushed out. That’s where many of us are unfortunately..
How about we lose the next 6, beat Nebber in OT, and then Beth cans Kirk and makes a reference to where Nebber is at as a program right now. Ya, I know, but one can dream…

I think Kirk back then leaned more heavily on his assistants, and he had great ones. He had something to prove. The team was fun and explosive, something he clearly isn’t. But also Kirk was way more animated back then too. Age does slow us down but Kirk was a hot head. Now he chews gum

Once he achieved the success he did and his assistants moved on…he dug in a lot more.

Now he’s surrounded by guys who are collecting a paycheck and don’t have any ambition for greater things. So Kirk has total control and we’ve got this product
That is great. Totally back that 100%.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT