ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile in the Lou …

Police cruiser accidentally smashes into gay bar. Owner who lives above bar comes downstairs. Police demand owner’s ID. He say no - you smashed into my place. They arrest him.

I love this City.

I like to give police benefit of the doubt, but the "swerve to miss the dog" excuse doesn't hold up.

:)

5052628_0.jpg

Reactions: IACub
I don't know why, but this just makes me laugh. Could you imagine a cop driving into your apartment building, and then when you come down to see what's going on they ask YOU for you ID? While the front of their vehicle is smashed through a window in the front of your building lol

That's like Reno 911 type content.

Typically I'd say the cops overreacted, but this quote sure seems to be missing a lot of context and info:

Pence’s co-owner, Wick, was taking videos and photos of the police vehicle when, according to Pence, "Three of them (officers) went for him. He raised his arm and they said he hit them."

It makes me wonder if the guy who was actually arrested and booked did have a physical altercation with the police.

I don't know why, but this just makes me laugh. Could you imagine a cop driving into your apartment building, and then when you come down to see what's going on they ask YOU for you ID? While the front of their vehicle is smashed through a window in the front of your building lol

Typically I'd say the cops overreacted, but this quote sure seems to be missing a lot of context and info:

Pence’s co-owner, Wick, was taking videos and photos of the police vehicle when, according to Pence, "Three of them (officers) went for him. He raised his arm and they said he hit them."

It makes me wonder if the guy who was actually arrested and booked did have a physical altercation with the police.

Well, the context seems to be that a police car crashed into the guy's bar and he was taking pictures...

So he was exercising his First Amendment rights when three cops “went for him?”

This helps the police look … better here?

As always, the truth will be in the middle. I just appreciate the balls of slamming into a building and then demanding ID from the residents.

So he was exercising his First Amendment rights when three cops “went for him?”

This helps the police look … better here?

As always, the truth will be in the middle. I just appreciate the balls of slamming into a building and then demanding ID from the residents.
You don't think there is some ambiguity to the phrase "raised his arm"?

I could see the guy being irate and "going after" the cops, maybe he actually did assault one.

Now, I also think the cops are dumbasses for demanding I.D. etc. They should have been apologetic and helpful and understanding that the owners of the building they smashed into may have been upset/angry/shocked and worked to de-escalate the situation.

I'm just saying, there is likely a reason one of the co-owners was cuffed then released and the other was cuffed and then booked.

And yes, you are correct, what really happened is likely not being portrayed accurately by either "side."

You don't think there is some ambiguity to the phrase "raised his arm"?

YES

I'm just saying, there is likely a reason one of the co-owners was cuffed then released and the other was cuffed and then booked.

MAYBE

what really happened is likely not being portrayed accurately by either "side."

PRETTY STANDARD

As far as the “raise the arm” I think you underestimate the St. Louis Police Department track record of paying out millions for beating up protestors, including an undercover cop, and documenting how much fun they were having in text chains.

Almost everyone arrested in the Lou catches an assault or interference charge, no matter what the video shows.

The arresting the guy, not calling for medical assistance, and only later taking him to the hospital … we will call those bad facts for PD for now.

Let’s see the video Mr. Gore!

This story reminds me of another one.

Two condoms are walking down the street and pass by a gay bar. One turns to the other and says, "want to go inside and get shit faced?"

Agreed it's total BS. Cop overstepped his authority and is in the wrong here.

But after all these years of this kind of example, why does the driver go out of his way to make it a big deal. Just say nothing, or "sorry for the misunderstanding" and go live your life.

Like the story the OP posted - just give the cop your ID. Why escalate to prove a point?

Agreed it's total BS. Cop overstepped his authority and is in the wrong here.

But after all these years of this kind of example, why does the driver go out of his way to make it a big deal. Just say nothing, or "sorry for the misunderstanding" and go live your life.

Like the story the OP posted - just give the cop your ID. Why escalate to prove a point?
Counterpoint: the cop is an asshole and deserves to be told to f---k off.

Full stop.

And then saying it was due to swerving to miss a dog.

Police cruiser accidentally smashes into gay bar. Owner who lives above bar comes downstairs. Police demand owner’s ID. He say no - you smashed into my place. They arrest him.

I love this City.

Trash City they should burn it down and start over.

St. Louis City rocked by weekend violence​

St. Louis City was rocked by another violent weekend, with multiple people murdered and others assaulted.

City police homicide detectives have been busy with at least five murders in the city since early Saturday morning. At this hour, police are still searching for suspects.

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT