ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile in the Lou …

You've really gone out of your way to defend the indefensible lately. Good for you. Are you doing this work pro bono?
What did I defend here? I said it sounds bad. Did I say it sounds Okey dokey? No. Don't be purposely ignorant.

In a related note, a car drove through a coffee shop where I live last summer. The owner ended up getting arrested. He wasn't there at the time, but he came down after getting the call and was live streaming it on stupidbook while completely wasted and not listening to the cops when they'd tell him to back away from the site or leave them alone. He was spazzing out and being all overly dramatic like he was on a TV show or something and they eventually had enough. I don't know the guy but it was widely acknowledged that he's a giant arrogant dbag. He was pushing all limits and daring the cops to do something. Well he was in public and hammered drunk roaming around in traffic so they did.

I don't know why but this story makes me laugh. Especially reading the comments from the bar customers.

“We should not have had to stay here all night protecting this building because of what they did,”

I just picture a bunch of dudes standing out side standing guard..

Dog lawyered up.

Here’s the video. More coming apparently. No dog.

Looked to me like he veered a bit to the right (maybe distracted by his phone or laptop) and almost hit the car that was parked on the right side of the street. He probably noticed the car out of his peripheral vision just before he would have hit it and overcorrected to miss it.

Looked to me like he veered a bit to the right (maybe distracted by his phone or laptop) and almost hit the car that was parked on the right side of the street. He probably noticed the car out of his peripheral vision just before he would have hit it and overcorrected to miss it.
I’m sure they will cite him for careless driving, and of course lying to the cops about the dog.

Sounds like St Louis police lied. Any chance they produce body camera footage of the bar owner assaulting the officers?

Last edited:
In a related note, a car drove through a coffee shop where I live last summer. The owner ended up getting arrested. He wasn't there at the time, but he came down after getting the call and was live streaming it on stupidbook while completely wasted and not listening to the cops when they'd tell him to back away from the site or leave them alone. He was spazzing out and being all overly dramatic like he was on a TV show or something and they eventually had enough. I don't know the guy but it was widely acknowledged that he's a giant arrogant dbag. He was pushing all limits and daring the cops to do something. Well he was in public and hammered drunk roaming around in traffic so they did.
Drunk or wasted on gummies.

I'm sure he drove to the site, like most druggies do

Po po here just held an amazing press conference.

They didn’t drug or BAC test the police officer who drove the car into the building. Convenient.

They won’t release the body cam video (if it exists) because of the ongoing investigation.

Yup, that's what it looked like to me too. When he gave the "dog" excuse he must have not planned that the entire ****ing thing would be caught on camera. What an idiot

Po po here just held an amazing press conference.

They didn’t drug or BAC test the police officer who drove the car into the building. Convenient.

They won’t release the body cam video (if it exists) because of the ongoing investigation.
Here's some awesome body cam footage of a cop getting arrested for being shit canned wasted in uniform after getting 911 calls that his police car was driving erratically at like 7 AM. He was off duty according to the video, but I'm guessing he was doing private security for a Jags game or some other event at their stadium. Must be an agency that allows officers to do that while in uniform and able to use to a cruiser. They showed up at his home first as his car number was called in, but he wasn't there nor was his cruiser so they tracked him down. When they caught up to him he was hammered drunk leaning against his cruiser with his fly down. He miserably failed all tests.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...wqsBegQIDhAG&usg=AOvVaw1U9h_vWmIQQjdlrWyWFD5t

Here's some awesome body cam footage of a cop getting arrested for being shit canned wasted in uniform after getting 911 calls that his police car was driving erratically at like 7 AM. He was off duty according to the video, but I'm guessing he was doing private security for a Jags game or some other event at their stadium. Must be an agency that allows officers to do that while in uniform and able to use to a cruiser. They showed up at his home first as his car number was called in, but he wasn't there nor was his cruiser so they tracked him down. When they caught up to him he was hammered drunk leaning against his cruiser with his fly down. He miserably failed all tests.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uR9Tvmrwzvs&ved=2ahUKEwi50IaAoZ-DAxXmkokEHXI5CRUQwqsBegQIDhAG&usg=AOvVaw1U9h_vWmIQQjdlrWyWFD5t
You can get arrested for all that? WTF. I thought this was America.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uR9Tvmrwzvs&ved=2ahUKEwi50IaAoZ-DAxXmkokEHXI5CRUQwqsBegQIDhAG&usg=AOvVaw1U9h_vWmIQQjdlrWyWFD5t
Probably get a paid suspension 🙄

Reminds me of the time STL police beat the ever-loving-crap outta the undercover cop infiltrating the BLM protesters at a downtown march a few years ago.

Ahh, good times in the Lou.

Cop in Bar: PM Arrest Was Accused of Breaking Arrestee’s Bones in 2019​

The officer allegedly threw a handcuffed man to the ground for saying “f— the police”​

By Ryan Krull on Thu, Dec 21, 2023 at 6:50 pm
SEND A NEWS TIP
Share on Reddit
Share on Facebook
Share on X
Share on Nextdoor
Share via email
Adjust text size
This still from a video shot by bystander Matt Pfaff shows St. Louis Police on the scene at Bar:PM. The officer facing the camera has been identified as the one who gave the bar's co-owner a black eye. - SCREENSHOT

The St. Louis Police officer accused of assaulting Bar:pM co-owner Chad Morris was accused of assaulting a bystander to a 2019 incident, causing serious injuries including multiple broken bones. That incident took place just a short distance from Bar:pM.

The same officer can be seen in bystander video taken early Monday morning after a police SUV slammed into the LGBTQ bar, says attorney Brian Stokes. (Police records identify the officer only as R.W.)

Bar co-owner James Pence is placed in handcuffs when the person taking the video asks what crime Pence committed. The officer responds, "A disturbance."

The officer then approaches the person shooting the video and says, “He's not going to yell at me, that's causing a disturbance."

According to attorney Javad Khazeali, that same officer later roughed up the bar's other co-owner, Chad Morris, in a gangway alongside the bar.

Morris was charged with felony assault for allegedly shoving an officer. He was taken into custody and held for a day and half before being released. (His charge has since been lowered to a misdemeanor.)

Morris emerged from the jail on Tuesday sporting a black eye and bruises.

“As you can see, they beat him pretty terribly,” Khazaeli said at the time. “He’s got bruises all across his body. This is for the offense of asking why they handcuffed his husband.”

The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department did not respond to multiple requests seeking comment this afternoon.

However, KSDK reported this evening that police have shared some body cam footage with several city officials and that it “appears to corroborate the police version of the story," though they acknowledge "pressing" unanswered questions. KSDK reports that the video shows Morris “shove” the officer in the gangway — but that the video is too dark to show much more. On the video, they say, Morris can be heard asking an officer why he hit him.

This is not the first time that the officer identified as R.W. has faced allegations of wrongdoing, court records show.

According to a lawsuit filed in 2021, the officer threw a 52-year-old man down to the ground while that man was handcuffed, causing multiple broken bones.

That man was Charles Singleton, and he alleges the incident took place around 2:30 a.m. on September 21, 2019, at an apartment complex on South Broadway, just a four minute drive from Bar:pM.

According to Singleton's lawsuit, police officers — including R.W. — were at the apartment complex to respond to an alleged assault. A number of people were arrested and several police cars were on the scene. Singleton was not among those being taken into custody, at least not at first.

The suit says that Singleton was in a crowd of onlookers at the scene. According to the police reports, Singleton said, "**** the police."

As a result of those comments, the officer placed Singleton under arrest for "disturbing the peace."

TOP STORIES
apple-touch-icon-iphone_10_.png

According to the police report stemming from the incident, although Singleton had been put in handcuffs, he still had his cell phone in his hand. The officer attempted to take it from him. A struggle ensued and, according to Singleton's lawsuit, "Without justification or legal cause, [R.W.] threw [Singleton] to the concrete ground face first while [his] hands were secured behind his body."

The tripping maneuver shattered multiple bones, including in Singleton's clavicle and left proximal tibia and fibula — bones in his knee as well as his collarbone.

Singleton's attorney, Stokes, recognized the officer from deposing him for Singleton’s lawsuit. He says that, based on what he knows about what occurred at Bar:pM earlier this week, the officer seems to have an M.O. of responding with physical aggression when others challenge him with their words.

"Singleton gets picked up for telling the police to go away, and ends up with four days in the hospital," Stokes says.

Khazaeli adds, "If this is the same officer, he needs to be retrained on what a public disturbance is and when he can seize and use force against a bystander."

In the Bar:pM incident, videotape captured someone asking the police officers who crashed into the building “who was sucking whose dick” at the time of the crash.

But attorney Dave Roland, who handles many First Amendment cases, says such coarse language would not give police grounds for an arrest, much less violence.
He says it's been very well established in case law that there can be "clearly inflammatory language directed at officers and you still can't punish somebody because they say something that you don't like." That sort of language comes with the territory of being an officer, says Roland.

Roland adds, "If that was said and there was nothing else to warrant arresting the bar owner, I think that's a pretty clear cut First Amendment violation."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT