ADVERTISEMENT

Media Availability today. Jada on Lucy: “She fits in perfectly." Kylie on the freshmen: “You couldn't ask for a better incoming class"

Full text of tweet:

Iowa senior Kylie Feuerbach said this about the Hawkeyes' 5-player freshman class that includes Ava Heiden, Taylor Stremlow, Teagan Mallegni, Aaliyah Guyton and Callie Levin:

“Honestly, you couldn't ask for a better incoming class. They pick things up really, really quickly. They all have that competitive drive, which is always something that we want. None of them have been holding us back. They’re just ready to go.”

Reactions: Beattheohiostate
We'll see. Obviously she'll need to earn those minutes on the court first. She can certainly shoot the three, but she'll need to step up in some other areas, to either be the starting 2, or at least earn 15-18 minutes per game. Jan's not just going to give her those minutes, and she may be pushed some by a couple of the freshman, and obviously Olsen will probably play 28-30 minutes at least at one guard spot....

Reactions: Torg
I think Jada is gonna take over the roll of team spokesperson this coming season, even if she doesn't necessarily play a huge role on the court.

Btw, I guess she has a podcast now. Watched a little bit of her recent one with Lucy Olsen. She does a pretty good job. Very comfortable with having conversations and keeping them going.

I think Jada is gonna take over the roll of team spokesperson this coming season, even if she doesn't necessarily play a huge role on the court.

Btw, I guess she has a podcast now. Watched a little bit of her recent one with Lucy Olsen. She does a pretty good job. Very comfortable with having conversations and keeping them going.

Jada has a nice looking shot; it will be interesting to see the rotations this winter

full text of tweet:

Raina Harmon:

“When I first saw (Ava), she immediately gave me Megan Gustafson vibes. Her intensity and her effort, the way she just goes after it. The way that she can run the floor, and she's always looking for that deep seal, first and foremost. So I think we're gonna have a lot of good transitions with her playing the five.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT