ADVERTISEMENT

Media met w/ Players & w/ Kirk Today. How is Lainez looking? Brian Allen's been incredible. Higgins has others thinking of coming back

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Brian Allen (BA...bad ass?) news:

The full text of the tweet:

Exciting to see DE Brian Allen out there for a few snaps in the Big Ten title game. The freshman has great size (6-4, 265) and explosiveness. Could see him as a spot player vs. Tennessee and big factor next year in Iowa's pass rush.

Says fourth-year DE Deontae Craig: “BA’s been incredible. He’s a sponge. He’s always asking questions. The physical tools he possesses are easy to see. And really right now, it’s just keep pushing, keep chasing that goal.”

The full text of the tweet:

Iowa players today were surprised to hear that Tennessee QB Joe Milton opted out of the Citrus Bowl.

“Oh, he did?” Quinn Schulte said. “... We didn’t even know that. I guess whoever the quarterback is, we’ve got to be ready to go. They’re still going to be running the same stuff probably.”

Full text of tweet:

It's bowl prep, so of course you ask about the backup QB. How is Iowa freshman Marco Lainez looking?

WR Kaleb Brown: “What do I see from him? I just saw two great balls from him, like 30 minutes ago. Two deep balls. And they looked good. He showed me two great flashes of something special, that’s what I told him. … He’s definitely building up, that’s for sure.”

GCO5bTMWAAENKyK

Hat tip to Brad, the SWARM CEO, who might make the players' decision on whether or not to come back a little bit easier.

This is a great tweet! Thanks for posting all of this Franisdaman!! Getting a bit more promising every day! Also as a fan base, we are pretty lucky to have a guy like Brad it would certailny appear!

Good lord, if Higgins and Jackson come back AND the Hawks can actually field a mediocre offense next year. :)

Could be in contention for one of the 12 CFP spots next year.

Probably need a good transfer corner if Cooper goes pro as expected.

Higgins and Jackson are pretty unique...elite CFB players that project as late round NFL picks because of "measurables". Hope they come back.

From a couple days ago.

At the 27 second mark, check out Cooper (no boot). Hopefully his recovery is on, or better yet ahead of, schedule.

Wonder if Rusty got some NIL for his head? Also thought it pretty funny when the team was boarding the plane and all the players had sweatshirts on and out comes parker with a light jacket/shirt only!!

Reactions: Franisdaman
awesome professionalism by the defense: don't know and don't care who the starter is, could be jimmy Garoppolo

just keep doing what we do, do the fundamental stuff

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT