ADVERTISEMENT

Meet a Russian who supports Putin

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
I'd heard about the new documentary Red Army. It focuses on the USSR's dominating hockey team, and Slava Fetisov. Fetisov broke free as the USSR crumbled and after a bit of a struggle made it the US as a player and a coach. In 2002 he went to Russia at Putin's request to run a youth sports program.
His quotes are very interesting near the bottom of the article about the war in Ukraine. Maybe he's afraid of getting shot, or maybe he took too many hard hits during his playing days.

NPR link

One can argue the validity of the Russian polls but they do show overwhelming support for Putin. And I imagine former military, like the hockey team, are also thrilled that Putin is tweaking the West's noses. Sure seems like Putin will "win" this one since the sanctions don't appear to be bothering him.

Originally posted by lucas80:

I'd heard about the new documentary Red Army. It focuses on the USSR's dominating hockey team, and Slava Fetisov. Fetisov broke free as the USSR crumbled and after a bit of a struggle made it the US as a player and a coach. In 2002 he went to Russia at Putin's request to run a youth sports program.
His quotes are very interesting near the bottom of the article about the war in Ukraine. Maybe he's afraid of getting shot, or maybe he took too many hard hits during his playing days.
The one who has taken too many shots to the head is you. Why do you continue to cling to the notion that Russia is the bad guy here? You have been schooled on this many times before. You run away from an honest debate and then you pop up again like a bad case of the clap with the same ole crap from Nationalistic Pravda Radio.

Originally posted by h-hawk:
One can argue the validity of the Russian polls but they do show overwhelming support for Putin.  And I  imagine former military, like the hockey team, are also thrilled that Putin is tweaking the West's noses.  Sure seems like Putin will "win" this one since the sanctions don't appear to be bothering him. 
The U.S is more unpopular than ever there. Putin has used their natural fears to gin up the hatred
Posted from Rivals Mobile

This is from the same playbook as 1953 Iran. The U.S. overthrows a democratically elected leader and installs an illegitimate 'un'democracy. The new U.S. puppet is a brutal dictator who ethnically cleanses. I wonder what the fallout from Ukraine will be 40 years from now. I saw this movie before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT