ADVERTISEMENT

Meet Up at The Movies

ThorneStockton

HR Legend
Oct 2, 2009
Had a great evening tonight at my first Meet Up at The Movies showing. Had a couple of edibles, rode a bike down to a local theatre and had a blast among about a dozen other fans. As someone who has never seen them live, this was the closest thing I've seen in terms of sound quality and the big screen.

The footage is from their second show in Copenhagen during the Europe 72 tour. Lots of good performances of classics. I just wish it was longer, total run time was like 120 minutes.

onesheet.jpg

/CSB

I’m seeing it Saturday. So 120 minutes doesn’t sound like enough for the full concert? I think there’s a 30 min Dark Star in that show, so did they cut it short?

Reactions: ThorneStockton
I’m seeing it Saturday. So 120 minutes doesn’t sound like enough for the full concert? I think there’s a 30 min Dark Star in that show, so did they cut it short?

I would be tempted to go again Saturday if it wasn't for a wedding. Unfortunately no Dark Star, in fact nothing from the third set and not all of the other sets either. They also don't stick to the exact order either.

Still, wonderful footage and I loved it. Pigpen looked a bit rough, Phil was having a great time. Really enjoyed China Cat Sunflower into I know you Rider.

1972-04-17 Copenhagen, Denmark @ Tivolis Koncertsal​

Set 1: Cold Rain and Snow, Me And Bobby McGee, Chinatown Shuffle, China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider, Jack Straw, He's Gone, Next Time You See Me, Black Throated Wind, Casey Jones, Mr. Charlie

Set 2: Playing in the Band, Sugaree, One More Saturday Night, It Hurts Me Too, Ramble On Rose, El Paso, Big Railroad Blues, Truckin'

Set 3: Dark Star > Sugar Magnolia > Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks), Johnny B. Goode

I don’t remember the venue where it happened but I recall they had a problem with one of the shows during the Europe 72 tour and played a free show to make up for it. I think it may have been in France.

Coming up again this year.

Take a ride with us back to 1991 with the world premiere of "Hell In A Bucket" from Soldier Field 6/22/91. This year's Meet-Up
onesheet.jpg
At The Movies features the Grateful Dead's first Soldier Field performance.​
Bruce Hornsby and Vince Welnick’s presence and musical contributions reinvigorated and revitalized the Grateful Dead, and the inspiration of the Dead's playing was palpable. On a Saturday night in front of 60,000 fans, the Dead played what is often considered one of the greatest shows of the Bruce-Vince era, up there with the second Giants Stadium show from a few days earlier. The Soldier field show was filled with favorites, including “Shakedown Street,” “Brown-Eyed Women,” “Playing In The Band,” “Terrapin Station,” and “Dark Star.” From the original six-camera video feed that appeared on the stadium's big screens and the pristine soundboard audio, Chicago 6/22/91 is an incredible performance start-to-finish.​
We'll be getting down with the Dead in theatres worldwide on June 22nd and June 24th. Rally up your favorite Grateful guys and gals and join us, won't you?

Coming up again this year.

Take a ride with us back to 1991 with the world premiere of "Hell In A Bucket" from Soldier Field 6/22/91. This year's Meet-Up
onesheet.jpg
At The Movies features the Grateful Dead's first Soldier Field performance.​
Bruce Hornsby and Vince Welnick’s presence and musical contributions reinvigorated and revitalized the Grateful Dead, and the inspiration of the Dead's playing was palpable. On a Saturday night in front of 60,000 fans, the Dead played what is often considered one of the greatest shows of the Bruce-Vince era, up there with the second Giants Stadium show from a few days earlier. The Soldier field show was filled with favorites, including “Shakedown Street,” “Brown-Eyed Women,” “Playing In The Band,” “Terrapin Station,” and “Dark Star.” From the original six-camera video feed that appeared on the stadium's big screens and the pristine soundboard audio, Chicago 6/22/91 is an incredible performance start-to-finish.​
We'll be getting down with the Dead in theatres worldwide on June 22nd and June 24th. Rally up your favorite Grateful guys and gals and join us, won't you?

Is there a listing somewhere of the theater locations that will be showing this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT