ADVERTISEMENT

Mel Kiper 2024 draft board

squeezebox

HR Heisman
Mar 6, 2018
Early yet, but new 2024 draft board is announced. Surprised not to see Castro and Higgins make the top ten in their positional lists

Cooper coming in at #9, and a top 10 pick is huge. I am assuming when it's all said and done he will be a mid-teens pick, but still awesome to see.

TE rankings
#3 Luke Lachey (if he is this high, he is gone)
#10 Eric All

Centers
#11 Logan Jones

CBs
#1 Cooper Dejean

Kickers/punters
#3 Tory Taylor

Last edited:
Higgens wont test particularly well at combine (probably like a 4.65 40) but he will be effective. Like a larger version of Geno Stone. Maybe 4th-5th round.

Castro is similar, will not light up the combine but has unmatched instincts and toughness. Probably a 6th-7th rounder.
Like minds.

Geno Stone is the first guy I thought of as well.

Higgens wont test particularly well at combine (probably like a 4.65 40) but he will be effective. Like a larger version of Geno Stone. Maybe 4th-5th round.

Castro is similar, will not light up the combine but has unmatched instincts and toughness. Probably a 6th-7th rounder.
Personally he reminds me more of Abdul Hodge, maybe a tad bit taller but same intensity.

Like minds.

Geno Stone is the first guy I thought of as well.
Well, in case you hadn't heard, Reggie Roby has come back from the dead, and I am not sure who the other one is. (but it is probably somebody else that has also come back fromthe dead)

Personally he reminds me more of Abdul Hodge, maybe a tad bit taller but same intensity.
Huge fan of Abdul’s game. He damaged people and sent the message early on it was going to be a long day for anybody he made contact with. Higgens brings it with the same enthusiasm. Fun to watch.

Reactions: cm8124 and littlez
Yeah, Good call for sure. So many great Iowa middle linebackers who just make loads of tackles and call the defense. Higgens is right in the mix. I also think he will interview well and obviously checks a lot of boxes on intangibles.

Obviously Geno is a safety and smaller, but I was drawing comparisons based on both being so smart, efficient, good instincts and tough as nails. Also very Adbul Hodge-esque qualities!

Reactions: cm8124
Why? It’s just another year of wear and tear on his body. He’s had a great season and won’t have anything else to prove. Now if he likes being a Hawk that’s great but I’d assume his ultimate goal is the NFL.
Well...

1. He's an LB...he's in for 10 years of wear & tear on his body;
2. 1st year starting vs weak schedule ~ NFL teams will doubt his "quality";
3. Probably a 4th Round pick this year; 2nd Round next year ($$$);
4. Not enough "film as a Starter" for NFL purposes;
5. Iowa NIL $$ can "...tide him over..." for 12 months;
6. In the running for 2024 Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year
7. I said so...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT