ADVERTISEMENT

Merkel says Europe can't count on Trump to be a partner

So...how are you supposed to hold a German beer stein?
See the hand that's half in the picture nearest the camera? That person has it right. You actually hold the glass, with your hand through the handle. I used to hold it like a tourist, but shortly after moving to Germany I went out with some co-workers after work, and they made fun of me and fixed my grip. I went through the humiliation so you don't have to!

Merkel is fighting for re-election. She will say what
ever it takes to get votes. Her refugee policy is bad.
And Merkel cannot hide from it. She needs Obama
to campaign for her and that shows desperation.

Seems like she is colluding w Obama to win her election...sad how he is willing to interfere w democracy.

Trump is fighting for election. He will say what
ever it takes to get votes. His refugee policy is bad.
And Trump cannot hide from it. He needs Obama and Clinton
to blame for whatever and that shows desperation.

Point being your cute, useless post is useless.
One could swap out pretty much any politician's name,
flip a word or two, and we would still have a useless post.

I have no idea how it's possible that anyone thinks this is a good thing.

Why wouldn't you want a stronger Europe? And, Merkel is trying to get reelected. So take that with a grain of salt.

Otherwise, carry on with the hysteria.
It's all good until trump wants to use a base in Germany to bomb the shit out of someone and they say no.

Pretty sure Merkel also said they need to get along with the UK and US.

This. Trump cries about NATO not contributing, but he fails to calculate the benefit of 70 years of peace in Europe, and the benefit of access to bases throughout Europe. You'd almost think he'd have recognized that standing at Sigonella, but, no, he's pretty stupid and so filled with arrogant self assurance I imagine he didn't see the importance of a base in the Med for us.

70 years of peace in Europe? You can't be serious.

See the hand that's half in the picture nearest the camera? That person has it right. You actually hold the glass, with your hand through the handle. I used to hold it like a tourist, but shortly after moving to Germany I went out with some co-workers after work, and they made fun of me and fixed my grip. I went through the humiliation so you don't have to!

Thanks for taking one for the team!

Why wouldn't you want a stronger Europe? And, Merkel is trying to get reelected. So take that with a grain of salt.

There is also the very real possibility of Russia stepping in to try to become chummy with Europe.

It's gonna be ok Barry can hold her hand when he visits btw one of the stupidest moves he could make.Maybe he will show her how to draw a red line.

You need the grip to handle a heavy stein with a liter of beer in it.

This is correct. I've seen a couple of foreign policy (alleged) experts saying this is a good thing. The Trumpophobes see it as Merkel condemning Trump as unreliable; more rational people see it as Merkel giving a heads-up that the free ride is over, at least for awhile.

Europe can't count on US to be THEIR partner? The people who turned their backs on us for an entire decade while we were engaged in war and booed our national anthem every time it was played? Damn.
Are you forgetting that we were WRONG?

Wrong then, wrong now. Hey, at least we're consistent.

Meanwhile, they opposed us when we were wrong then, and are opposing us when we are wrong now. So they are consistent, too.

Which consistency do you prefer, Yellow - consistently wrong, or consistently right?

She might as well have said "We can no longer count on America to give us a free ride for our freedom. That Trump guy is soooooo mean."

She might as well have said "We can no longer count on America to give us a free ride for our freedom. That Trump guy is soooooo mean."
The last time we were mean to Germany we got WWII.

Is nobody else even slightly nervous that Germany is once again the powerhouse of Europe and is backing away from the US and UK and talking about its own interests?

If the right ousts Merkel, look out.

The last time we were mean to Germany we got WWII.

Is nobody else even slightly nervous that Germany is once again the powerhouse of Europe and is backing away from the US and UK and talking about its own interests?

If the right ousts Merkel, look out.

They don't need to control Europe through war. They already control most of them via the printing press.

They are recognizing that they will have to fix their own problems just like the US is getting close to doing.

HOW they fix them will be up to them and what direction they want to go.

Pretty simple really.

Reactions: Bro D
They are recognizing that they will have to fix their own problems just like the US is getting close to doing.

HOW they fix them will be up to them and what direction they want to go.

Pretty simple really.

I'm curious about what you think Germany's "problems" are.

Also, what do you think our problems are and how are we close to fixing them?

I'm curious about what you think Germany's "problems" are.

Also, what do you think our problems are and how are we close to fixing them?

Illegal migration, terrorism. Devaluation of their currency / EU partnership.

DIdnt say we were close to fixing them; said we were close to recognizing the need

That's right. If Trump = Putin, then what's the difference?

I'm not sure there's enough room for the three of them in the same bed. Maybe in a conspirator's mind, but that would have to be an awfully big bed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT