ADVERTISEMENT

Miami School Asks Parents To Sign Permission Slips Allowing Children To Learn About Black History Month

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
This is what you get when you have christian conservative theocratic dictators:

Miami’s ABC affiliate reports:

February marks Black History Month, an important topic being taught at South Florida schools, but now parents at IPrep Academy are being asked to sign off on whether they want their children to participate in some of the educational events.
“I was shocked,” said concerned parent Jill Peeling, who said she thought she may have misunderstood the document. “I’m concerned. I’m concerned as a citizen.” Miami-Dade School Board Member Steve Gallon said it all has to do with getting parental consent when individuals come on campus.
“This is a policy that’s an extension of a new state board rule,” said Gallon. It’s a policy that was just enacted last year in November, an extension of the Parental Bill Of Rights.
Read the full article. Those of here will know the Parental Bill of Rights by its more accurate name, “Don’t Say Gay.” To which we can add, “Don’t Say Black.” Last year the Miami-Dade School Board banned any recognition of LGBTQ History Month.

Read the full article. Those of here will know the Parental Bill of Rights by its more accurate name, “Don’t Say Gay.” To which we can add, “Don’t Say Black.” Last year the Miami-Dade School Board banned any recognition of LGBTQ History Month.
I for one am happy they banned lgbtq history month. Wtf is that anyway? Why do you think they need a month?

Reactions: ICHerky
Everyone is on high alert these days with respect to curriculum. If it's above board and there are no ulterior motives, then there's no issue.

This may be the result of what happens when bad actors attempt to guilt current generations for the actions of people several generations ago.

In the article…

Miami-Dade School Board Member Steve Gallon said it all has to do with getting parental consent when individuals come on campus.

The only question I ask is if they have to do this with any speaker that comes on site, which it sounds like.

Miami-Dade School Board Member Steve Gallon said it all has to do with getting parental consent when individuals come on campus

In the article…

Miami-Dade School Board Member Steve Gallon said it all has to do with getting parental consent when individuals come on campus.
I think you missed the most important part the statement:

“We have to follow the law,” Gallon said. “We have to implement the rules that are adopted by the State Board of Education, but we cannot throw the baby out with the bath water and we have to square some obligations we have to academic freedom.”

But Gallon said he is concerned about the unintended consequences this may have on children whose parents choose not to have them attend.

“Something feels very off here, and the fact that the school needs to cover themselves against the state feels even worse,” said Peeling.

I think you missed the most important part the statement:

“We have to follow the law,” Gallon said. “We have to implement the rules that are adopted by the State Board of Education, but we cannot throw the baby out with the bath water and we have to square some obligations we have to academic freedom.”

But Gallon said he is concerned about the unintended consequences this may have on children whose parents choose not to have them attend.

“Something feels very off here, and the fact that the school needs to cover themselves against the state feels even worse,” said Peeling.
How many parents chose to not let their kids attend?

• Haha
Reactions: globalhawk
It’s not specific to black history. “Events” being the key word…

“This is a policy that’s an extension of a new state board rule,” said Gallon.

It’s a policy that was just enacted last year in November, an extension of the Parental Bill Of Rights.

cTQLuqD.jpg

I for one am happy they banned lgbtq history month. Wtf is that anyway? Why do you think they need a month?
Lots of famous homosexuals were persecuted because of being gay. Alan Turing, Harvey Milk , etc,etc. U think that they aren’t worth being celebrated or recognized.

• Haha

No, you get black history month when you have racist leftists creating public policy. Black history in America, is American history. (That is Morgan Freeman quote by the way, and in case you aren't aware, is is a black American) Black history was a device created to sow division and resentment in American society. Why don't we have Asian history month or European history month? Allow me to answer my own question, because those wouldn't benefit the anti American cabal in anyway.

Everyone is on high alert these days with respect to curriculum. If it's above board and there are no ulterior motives, then there's no issue.

This may be the result of what happens when bad actors attempt to guilt current generations for the actions of people several generations ago.
I don't get it. What would "under the table" learning be. What, that one time a bunch of racist white people tried to commit genocide on black people in Tulsa and massacred hundreds of people in a battle where they actually had airplanes bombing people?

Or how about how racist white people went around and murdered hundreds of black people by hanging for things like smiling at a white women or just saying hello to them? Is that under the table?

Or is learning about the entire event of slavery and that slaves did not, in fact, enjoy their time being slaves while they "learned useful work skills". Is that under the table?

No, you get black history month when you have racist leftists creating public policy. Black history in America, is American history. (That is Morgan Freeman quote by the way, and in case you aren't aware, is is a black American) Black history was a device created to sow division and resentment in American society. Why don't we have Asian history month or European history month? Allow me to answer my own question, because those wouldn't benefit the anti American cabal in anyway.
So Morgan Freeman gets to decide?

Also, the black educators and students from Kent State were the first people to suggest a Black History Month. Are these the “racist leftists” you speak of above?

Reactions: Ree4
So Morgan Freeman gets to decide?

Also, the black educators and students from Kent State were the first people to suggest a Black History Month. Are these the “racist leftists” you speak of above?
So, Kent State gets to decide?

So, Kent State gets to decide?
It actually started out as a week, then Kent State decided to propose a month. They weren’t the only ones who accomplished it. Morgan Freeman wants it taken away. See the difference?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: abby97
Do you think it should be an option? Why would a student need to be sheltered from black history?
because it might make the children feel bad...then thy ask their parents and now their parents feel bad...then the parents show up at school board meetings and say they shouldn't have to feel bad

easiest solution is to just only teach the parts of history that don't make certain people feel bad

Reactions: gohawks50
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT