ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State.....

This season for MSU is why I always cringe when they are put in the elites of the B1G East. Their great 5 to 6 year run was a result of UM being down and a great DC.

They are no different then an Iowa. They can have teams that are king of the mountain but can have mediocre to bad teams also.

Just to get to .500 and a bowl they need to go 4-2 in these games (good luck with that THIS year)

Home: OSU, UM, Rutgers
Away: Illini, Maryland, PSU

Basically, assuming they can't beat OSU & UM, need to run the table against the other four. I suppose being 5-6 heading to PSU isn't a bad bet.

Remember how much props MSU got for beating ND a month ago? In related news, predict ND final record. They are 2-5 with the following remaining:

Home: Miami, Army, VT
Away: Navy, USC

Not that it's any consolation for Iowa's failures against ndsu and nw this year, but msu is a much bigger disappointment than the Hawks.
the golder domers, stanford, oklahoma. All teams with much higher expectations and bigger face plants than Iowa so far.

Makes you wonder too just how good of a college QB Connor Cook was (maybe he was even better that we thought). Then again, these problems seem bigger than the loss of a star QB.

Anyone else notice that on 4th and 6, from the MSU 29, up 10, 5 minutes and change in the 4th quarter, Northwestern throws the ball in the endzone for 6? They didn't punt.

If Dantonio was smart he would leave MSU for a new gig down south. Harbaugh is going to run that state for years

Reactions: And1Hawk
If Dantonio was smart he would leave MSU for a new gig down south. Harbaugh is going to run that state for years
You may be right, but where? LSU has had pretty good luck with MSU's cast-offs. I don't see him at Texas. Notre Dame (not technically south, but south of East Lansing) will be in the market soon.

Not that it's any consolation for Iowa's failures against ndsu and nw this year, but msu is a much bigger disappointment than the Hawks.
the golder domers, stanford, oklahoma. All teams with much higher expectations and bigger face plants than Iowa so far.
Without looking I would say each of them have played much tougher competition. The ease of our schedule to this point has been a football godsend.

Reactions: gohawkz
Narduzzi - the key to the team - has been gone for 2 years. See Stevens, Brad
yep. msu always played like they hated everyone. narduzzi supplied the hate. also one problem is they are having is actually recruiting better. sounds stupid but they are known for playing with a chip on the shoulder. they use to have a team of 2or 3 stars that were not offered by the big programs. those players already came in with a chip on the shoulder. now they are getting commits from 4 stars guys with offers from the big boys. those guys do not have a chip on the shoulder and now no narduzzi to supply it

I have to admit I thought we'd go into the tank after the losses to NW and NDSU. If we pull off the upset over Bucky next Saturday -- and I think we have a decent chance of getting that done -- suddenly we're in the driver's seat for the West. A loss next Saturday and it's probably a pretty mediocre season, but I never would have anticipated a few weeks ago that we'd be this close to turning it around. Needless to say, next Saturday is huuuuge.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
True, but Harbaugh owning Michigan recruiting has to hurt also.

I agree - But I think it's full impact won't be felt for a couple more years. Narduzzi's departure is front and center now. MSU defense is getting gashed.

Even with that their schedule has probably been tougher than ours. Ours has been almost embarrassingly easy for this late in the season.

Honestly for the Love of God why...why be a fan at all. Its exhausting. Are any of you guys aware that just a few weeks ago Northwestern nation was up in arms with all the same crap you guys constantly complain about. Conservative, too predictable, never makes adjustments, just ask Gladeskat. I've read their board off and on over the years, they treat PF like KF over there. Right now D'Antonio is too conservative. Honestly I really can't believe how "stubborn" fans are ...Is it really possible that every coach that loses is too conservative, really?!?! Because thats what you guys say...

For the record...ND has played Texas, 3-3 that has beat UTEP and ISU (who nearly beat Baylor and Okie St) Nevada who lost to Purdue, MSU who has beat Furman and ND, 3-4 Duke, 3-4 Syracuse and then NC St and Stanford who lost to Washington by 38 and that old powerhouse Wazzo by 28 who lost to Eastern Washington (it happens)...

Quite frankly you could make a case that Minne and NDSU are as good as anyone they've played outside of NC St who lost to 2-4 East Carolina by the way....see how this works, Get outside of your box in the name of all that's Holy.

I get it we suck, just quit watching because from what I can see, Bobby Stoops sucks, Pat Fitzgerald sucks, Les Miles sucks, Charlie Strong sucks, David Shaw sucks, D'Antonio sucks, Mike McCarthy sucks, Ron
Rivera sucks pretty much every coach sucks eventually...Man it must be awesome to be such a constant beacon of success that you can sit easily on a computer and piss and moan.

By the way, anyone see how great Derrick Willies is doing down at TT, you know the guy we really screwed the pooch on because those darn dumb coaches don't know what they are doing. I notice we have several other Internet geniuses wondering why this guy or that guy isn't playing...

Reactions: Suterman
cmhawks99, you should host a radio call in show or be a part time shrink.

I 100% agree, can you help sit that up....I can piss people off with the best of them....:rolleyes: And here is my niche', I actually wont cut people off. Ill string them along until they get caught in a logic trap and have to back track....then they'll hang themslves.

I 100% agree, can you help sit that up....I can piss people off with the best of them....:rolleyes: And here is my niche', I actually wont cut people off. Ill string them along until they get caught in a logic trap and have to back track....then they'll hang themslves.

That's a good plan....and it works. :)

Honestly for the Love of God why...why be a fan at all. Its exhausting. Are any of you guys aware that just a few weeks ago Northwestern nation was up in arms with all the same crap you guys constantly complain about. Conservative, too predictable, never makes adjustments, just ask Gladeskat. I've read their board off and on over the years, they treat PF like KF over there. Right now D'Antonio is too conservative. Honestly I really can't believe how "stubborn" fans are ...Is it really possible that every coach that loses is too conservative, really?!?! Because thats what you guys say...

For the record...ND has played Texas, 3-3 that has beat UTEP and ISU (who nearly beat Baylor and Okie St) Nevada who lost to Purdue, MSU who has beat Furman and ND, 3-4 Duke, 3-4 Syracuse and then NC St and Stanford who lost to Washington by 38 and that old powerhouse Wazzo by 28 who lost to Eastern Washington (it happens)...

Quite frankly you could make a case that Minne and NDSU are as good as anyone they've played outside of NC St who lost to 2-4 East Carolina by the way....see how this works, Get outside of your box in the name of all that's Holy.

I get it we suck, just quit watching because from what I can see, Bobby Stoops sucks, Pat Fitzgerald sucks, Les Miles sucks, Charlie Strong sucks, David Shaw sucks, D'Antonio sucks, Mike McCarthy sucks, Ron
Rivera sucks pretty much every coach sucks eventually...Man it must be awesome to be such a constant beacon of success that you can sit easily on a computer and piss and moan.

By the way, anyone see how great Derrick Willies is doing down at TT, you know the guy we really screwed the pooch on because those darn dumb coaches don't know what they are doing. I notice we have several other Internet geniuses wondering why this guy or that guy isn't playing...
Ask pretty much anyone across the country that isn't an Iowa homer and they will all agree our schedule has been pathetic. Mich State and ND have been tougher to this point. It's not a big deal just the facts. NDSU is not a good team. They needed OT to beat teams you have never heard of and have now lost to S Dakota State. SD State lost to Cal Poly. The Cal Poly juggernauts lost to Nevada and North Dakota. The same North Dakota team that LOST to NOTRE DAME 39-10. Nice try but our schedule has been embarrassingly easy. As easy as any BCS team in the country.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT