ADVERTISEMENT

Mid Year POTY and WOPTY

dd75985c60a91f1025ee6fb32df01ace.gif

Let's fight on a Monday. Who's your mid year POTY and WPOTY?

Also if this is a pepsi someone please link me the thread, I didn't even look.
I have too many handles on ignore for WPOTY. I could name a few posters who annoy me greatly, but they are not worse than the people I have on ignore.

For POTY, I feel like @alaskanseminole has put in strong work. I would also consider @h-hawk for his ongoing Ukraine contributions, and although I disagree with this politics and I had the most annoying internet spat with him, @Franisdaman puts in yeoman's work linking pertinent hawkeye information in threads.

I have too many handles on ignore for WPOTY. I could name a few posters who annoy me greatly, but they are not worse than the people I have on ignore.

For POTY, I feel like @alaskanseminole has put in strong work. I would also consider @h-hawk for his ongoing Ukraine contributions, and although I disagree with this politics and I had the most annoying internet spat with him, @Franisdaman puts in yeoman's work linking pertinent hawkeye information in threads.
giphy.gif

100% agree with the h-hawk shoutout. Plus I appreciate Tenacious E (you) with his Russia losses stat post every day.

Reactions: Tenacious E

I don't care for either party right now & that's why I am for ranked choice voting, which would hopefully get more moderates to run for office; it would also allow people to vote for a 3rd party candidate as their 1st choice, someone else as their 2nd choice, etc. No one wins an election until the candidate gets 50% + 1 of the vote.

I challenge people who support Donald Trump. Some examples:

* I ask Republicans why they wouldn't nominate a candidate who could serve up to 8 years. I argue that nominating Trump is stupid, for many reasons, one of which is he can only serve 4 years.

* I have a family member who is a vet and who is a Trump supporter. I hit him where I know it hurts when I remind him that Trump called John McCain a loser for getting captured during the Vietnam War and that the McCain family didn't want Trump at John's funeral. His response? "Yeah, that was terrible." It doesn't change his view on Trump, though.

* I have had conversations with Somali Americans at my gym. You'd be surprised how many support Trump. One guy, who likes Trump, with a straight face said, "Trump tells the truth." Another said that Biden, by supporting Israel, supports genocide in Gaza. When I was asked if I thought what Israel was doing was genocide I pivoted & said "what Hamas did on Oct 7 was horrible; what's happening in Gaza is horrible; war is horrible." I don't think he liked my answer.

Face to face conversations are VERY different from the "conversations" that go on here, that's for sure.

I agree that having several on ignore limits the field. That said I just evaluate who I think are trolls (ie,BDE) and those that are completely delusional/ignorant ( several). Currently I would likely choose @Here_4_a_Dav for wpoty simply for all his bullshit bravado then wimping out when challenged.

POTY, tossup, Tenacious and Alaskanole.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT