ADVERTISEMENT

Midfield Logo

IAROY

Team MVP
Dec 29, 2014
Iowa
With the improvements for kinnick stadium on the way in the next few years does anyone else agree that a nice yellow tiger hawk at midfield would really give the stadium another nice upgrade. We seem to be one of the few P5 schools to not have one. #GoHawks

A Tiger Hawk between the 45s would be a nice addition. Old Kirk hated the idea, which is why there isn't one. Maybe new Kirk could be talked into it--if anybody can find him.

Reactions: HobbieHawk
Wonder why old Kirk was so opposed to a midfield logo. It's such a small feature but one that really makes the field look a little bit better. Looks kinda blahh on television excluding the endzones.

Senor Martinez, that's an awesome idea, and you could be right. Now if only we could find this elusive New Kirk. :)

With the improvements for kinnick stadium on the way in the next few years does anyone else agree that a nice yellow tiger hawk at midfield would really give the stadium another nice upgrade. We seem to be one of the few P5 schools to not have one. #GoHawks
Even ND has a logo at mid-field, complete with their circa 1970's high school scoreboard.

They should make a special announcement to look at mid field and then they use a spotlight placed on the top of a parking ramp to shine a tiger hawk on midfield.

Reactions: CO_hawk
If a Tiger hawk at mid-field is too sexy for Kirk, maybe we could put some clothes on it?

On the topic of your stadium, I noticed that you still have the short goalposts. I think the rest of the conference all has the taller kind. Is there a particular reason for that?

I think it is a mistake not to have mid field tiger hawk. Branding is important and the tiger hawk is one of the most recognizable logos in the country and 3 hours of it burned into people's eyes on home games is just good marketing.

UI athletic department should know that.

It's interesting you propose this during a stadium update... Not exactly a costly update were talking about here.

All focus needs to be on the water tower. I want more than a tiger hawk - that baby would look great decked out in Hawkeye gold. When I make my first billion I'll get it done

I have also noticed the goalposts. Always wondered if they were in fact shorter and more stubby looking than everyone else.

I think it is a mistake not to have mid field tiger hawk. Branding is important and the tiger hawk is one of the most recognizable logos in the country and 3 hours of it burned into people's eyes on home games is just good marketing.

UI athletic department should know that.

Way way way way way way reading too much into logos.

Yes like above posted...huge mistake by athletic dept. on this one. One of top recognizable logos in college sports and we decide to NOT use it during our most marketable place and time. Makes zero sense.

The only thing I would add is I think it would be better to go with a black logo with yellow trim. Goes with the end zones better and also yellow on field turf streaks more and the black hides that. They might be due for new field turf about the same time...think it was 09' when they added it.

Good points hexumhawk. I wish I knew some digital tech savvy people so I could see a rendering of this. Also noticed the black in the endzones are beginning to fade.

On the topic of your stadium, I noticed that you still have the short goalposts. I think the rest of the conference all has the taller kind. Is there a particular reason for that?

Too cheap to buy taller ones.

So you have no answer. You just like colors and logos cuz you think they are cool. I thought so.

Three freaking hours of watching the game seeing logos on the helmets and uniforms and some dipshit needs a logo at the center of the field so he needs reminded of who's playing. That's a dipshit that will never get the message.

I heard that A.J. Epenesa loves everything about the Univ of Iowa football program, but there is just no way he is going to play for a team that doesn't have their logo painted at mid-field.

That same day, I ran into several people that wanted to buy some Hawkeye paraphernalia, but since there was no logo on Iowa's 50-yard-line, they didn't know what it looked like.

Reactions: HobbieHawk
So you have no answer. You just like colors and logos cuz you think they are cool. I thought so.

Three freaking hours of watching the game seeing logos on the helmets and uniforms and some dipshit needs a logo at the center of the field so he needs reminded of who's playing. That's a dipshit that will never get the message.
Wait, you hung out on here for an hour at around midnight waiting for me to respond to you? Hahahahaha.

Like I said before, as others have noted, a big reason is simply marketing the brand. Not doing so is a lost opportunity.

Is it a major deal? Not really. Is it an issue though? Absolutely.

With your brilliant logic, Nike and thousands of other brands should just stop putting their logo on many things because.......well, you are just a moron so I can't continue on with this. Be smarter. K? Thanx, bye

Wait, you hung out on here for an hour at around midnight waiting for me to respond to you? Hahahahaha.

Like I said before, as others have noted, a big reason is simply marketing the brand. Not doing so is a lost opportunity.

Is it a major deal? Not really. Is it an issue though? Absolutely.

With your brilliant logic, Nike and thousands of other brands should just stop putting their logo on many things because.......well, you are just a moron so I can't continue on with this. Be smarter. K? Thanx, bye
My PC , phone and sometimes TV is all the hawk sites 24/7. I find it LOL you check up on me.

You still can't answer the question and I've asked twice. The logos already on the field, on the helmets, gloves, shoes, football they play with, Kirk's shirt and a dozen other places I haven't listed. What so special about the 50 yard line? Recruits won't come? To remind the fans watching so they won't forget who they are watching?

It's only an issue to the people who want it to be an issue. I know I backed you into a corner and you can't come up with anything to defend it. Just let it go, l have.

The playing field is for the battle not cosmetics. Oh and there's the brand in the end zone.

205758530_640.jpg

I like the fact that we have no logo at midfield. Midfield logos are too clichéd. Almost everyone else has one and I like that we are different.

There is nothing important about the 50 yard line; the only thing that matters is getting into that beautiful Black & Gold end zone. Our turf design has plenty of visual "pop". I think we currently have the best looking field in any stadium in the country - college or NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT