ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Minnesota LB Kolade Amusan talks Iowa visit

Apr 8, 2003
Minnesota LB visits Iowa City
Blair Sanderson | Editor

trosmanitf8fbnfjnkt7

Minnesota linebacker Kolade Amusan visited Iowa on Sunday.

Class of 2017 linebacker Kolade Amusan had a chance to visit one of the schools showing him early interest, the Iowa Hawkeyes, this past weekend. For the 6-foot-1, 205-pound Minnesota native, the trip was a chance to learn more about the University of Iowa and the Hawkeye coaching staff's interest in him as a prospect. We caught up with him afterwards to get his thoughts, the latest on his recruiting, and much more.

Q: What were the highlights of the Iowa visit for you?

AMUSAN: The highlights of the visit were seeing the facilities and hearing Coach Ferentz talk about the mission of their program and how they can prepare you for life after football as well.

Q: Who did you talk with coaching wise and what they did have to say?

AMUSAN: I talked with Coach Wallace, the linebackers coach. He was the one who invited me. He just told me he will be back at my school to see me and I should keep focusing on getting better and my offer will come.

Q: What's your overall impression of Iowa right now?

AMUSAN: I think Iowa is very in control of the Big Ten and they have really turned things around.

Q: Which schools are showing you the most interest right now?

AMUSAN: NDSU, UND, Iowa, and Eastern Michigan.

Q: What's next recruiting wise? Where do you visit next?

AMUSAN: I will be at Eastern Michigan this upcoming Saturday the 12th and will be at NDSU on the 25th.

See highlights from Amusan's junior year at Woodbury High School in the video below.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News