ADVERTISEMENT

Miss a Car Payment and Ford’s Patent Could Shut Off Your A/C...

Do people really think that people who can’t afford to make their car payment care whether or not they have a radio or AC?

Those people already understand that they have much bigger problems. They will just roll down their windows and play music on their phone.

Don’t some low credit dealers install something now that makes the car unusable if you miss payments?

Do people really think that people who can’t afford to make their car payment care whether or not they have a radio or AC?

Those people already understand that they have much bigger problems. They will just roll down their windows and play music on their phone.
Ok. Now do when they lock you out of the vehicle. Always leave leave it in neutral and have a window down then Fred Flinstone it from point A to B?

Reactions: The Tradition
If Ford can access it remotely, that means hackers will be able to also. I eagerly await the first lawsuit of somebody’s car being hacked while doing 75 on the interstate causing a crash.

If Ford can access it remotely, that means hackers will be able to also. I eagerly await the first lawsuit of somebody’s car being hacked while doing 75 on the interstate causing a crash.
I think there are already quite a few cars out there that can be accessed remotely. I had a Tesla and I when my wife drove it i could see how fast she was going, i could stop the radio, play the next song etc from my app. Most new cars have similar controls from their app.

IMO, this may allow people who otherwise may not qualify for a car to get a car due to less risk to the lender. Allowing them a way to get to work in order to better their life. Either way, someone who doesn't pay for something like they are supposed to shouldn't be granted such luxuries that they didn't pay for. Im sure it won't be after one month either. It would likely be 60-90 of no payment.
How in the world would that work? You think people with bad credit would be more likely to get a loan if their payments were forced to go up if they wanted to use the radio? The car comes with a radio and it will be included in the original price whether it is used or not. Tacking on extra charges isn’t going to help anyone but Ford.

How in the world would that work? You think people with bad credit would be more likely to get a loan if their payments were forced to go up if they wanted to use the radio? The car comes with a radio and it will be included in the original price whether it is used or not. Tacking on extra charges isn’t going to help anyone but Ford.
I think you missed the point of the article. They can shut off your radio, stop your AC or lock you out of your car if you don't pay your car payment. Its not (at least initially) intended to be a pay for use system. This would allow lenders some flexibility because uff you don't pay then they have more abilities to retrieve the car.

I think the new corporate dystopia that is unfolding is going to be swell. I can't wait for more fees, contracts and subscriptions in my day to day life.
It's the rent-seeking economy. End stage Capitalism? Like the union guy on the Wire said, "We used to make shit in this country, build shit. Now we just put our hand in the next guy's pocket."

Yep, and some of them will eventually be crying up a storm when these new technologies are be used to repossess their car.
Since when is taking what you didn't pay for ok? Or is it context of "rich lender, poor consumer" that makes it ok?

Since when is taking what you didn't pay for ok? Or is it context of "rich lender, poor consumer" that makes it ok?

Did I say that it was? I was mocking your fellow republicans who have no problem with thieves, as they gladly support them every minute of every hour of every day. See Cheeto, Rick Scott and countless others.

As usual, these right wing a-holes have a boner because they envision these technologies being used to torment people who are struggling. Then when they find themselves in a similar boat they are outraged over how they are treated.

Want to repo a car more safely by using technology to turn a car into a brick, fine. Using technology to make people miserable is pathological but unfortunately BAU for many on the right.

Reactions: pjhawk
Did I say that it was? I was mocking your fellow republicans who have no problem with thieves, as they gladly support them every minute of every hour of every day. See Cheeto, Rick Scott and countless others.

As usual, these right wing a-holes have a boner because they envision these technologies being used to torment people who are struggling. Then when they find themselves in a similar boat they are outraged over how they are treated.

Want to repo a car more safely by using technology to turn a car into a brick, fine. Using technology to make people miserable is pathological but unfortunately BAU for many on the right.
Im republican? Its myopic to think that only republicans feel that if you don't pay for something that you shouldn't get to have it.

Reactions: Joes Place
The first time they lock someone out of their car in sub zero Temps and they die there will be a lawsuit so huge it will shake these corporate idiots to their core. There isn't a jury in this country that wouldn't seek to punish these assholes.

Ok. Now do when they lock you out of the vehicle. Always leave leave it in neutral and have a window down then Fred Flinstone it from point A to B?

Not what was being discussed and beside the point. My point still stands.

But to answer your question, go back to what they were doing before they had a vehicle. That’s no worse a situation than them having their car repoed.

But to answer your question, go back to what they were doing before they had a vehicle. That’s no worse a situation than them having their car repoed.

Having a car electronically "repo'd" is far higher risk than having someone show up to tow it.
Electronic systems have no clue what dangers that is putting the person in

#LockingInfantsInCarsIsFineIfFord'sRobotDoesIt

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT