ADVERTISEMENT

Missed tackles??

They certainly missed more than we are accustomed too, especially those two TD drives, but Taylor is likely to make a lot of other defenses look similar, he's pretty shifty and tough to tackle in any space.

The first half last night was the worst tackling out of Iowa in a long time
Right, our secondary guys especially have tackled poorly this year. It’s like they forgot that they are allowed to use their arms. It also was apparent last night that our D-line couldn’t get pressure on their own. I hope they get better at rushing the passer as the season goes on. Things improved in the second half when Phil started blitzing .

I continue to be puzzled as to why our opponents, when we play base defense (the entire 1st half) don't throw the bomb on pretty much every play. Our defensive line is about containment not pressure. Purdue understood that in the Brohm days, ISU beat us with that a couple of weeks a go. But I'm probably oversimplifying. But it did improve when we put pressure on the QB.

#27 Harris was pathetic, he would throw a wing up there hoping to stop an RB. He consistently failed to wrap, jr. high football 101.

Anyone else think Iowa missed on way too many tackles for loss or tackles in general??
Wait until OhioSt it will be OLAY. The thank you very much schedule vs the weaklings of the Big 10 really helps. Imagine trying to tackle that #20 from Michigan or #4 from USC, week after week.

• Haha
Reactions: pistachio1999
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT