ADVERTISEMENT

Missing boy from Montezuma area

11am Thursday he disappeared? No school that day? Who saw him last? Wearing pajama pants tee shirt and high tops only? Kid’s gonna freeze out there in this weather. I hate stories like this.

I don't believe there was an organized search yesterday, but 350 civilian, and 150 law enforcement and first responders turned out today. It's sad to say, but this really just seems like a recovery. Nobody is saying they think he is alive.
https://www.kcrg.com/2021/05/31/nea...cement-search-for-xavior-harrelson-on-sunday/
Nobody seems like they know anything. I can’t fathom why this is not a bigger story.

it’s typically not been the top headline on the area news sites. Seemed like when the Evansville girls went missing it was saturated with coverage

SmartSelect_20190224-183057_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: hawkeye54545
Yuck. It doesn’t sound like they really have any leads or any ideas what could have happened. Everyone that knows him is saying he is not the type that would run away. Sunday was his 11th birthday and obviously he wasn’t home for it. As mentioned above, Diamond Lake is very close to where he lived but it sounds like they’ve searched that area pretty extensively already and didn’t find anything.

I’m hoping for the best but it’s hard to be optimistic. And to make it worse it’s in the same county as Mollie who just had her murderer’s trial wrapped up. And also when I was a kid there was a college student from near there that got murdered as well (Tammi Zywicki 1992). Too much bad luck with these kinds of things for that area.

Yuck. It doesn’t sound like they really have any leads or any ideas what could have happened. Everyone that knows him is saying he is not the type that would run away. Sunday was his 11th birthday and obviously he wasn’t home for it. As mentioned above, Diamond Lake is very close to where he lived but it sounds like they’ve searched that area pretty extensively already and didn’t find anything.

I’m hoping for the best but it’s hard to be optimistic. And to make it worse it’s in the same county as Mollie who just had her murderer’s trial wrapped up. And also when I was a kid there was a college student from near there that got murdered as well (Tammi Zywicki 1992). Too much bad luck with these kinds of things for that area.
Wasn't Tammi killed near LaSalle, Illinois and her body found in Missouri? Her only Iowa connection was being a Grinnell college student. She wasn't murdered in Iowa. Her body was found wrapped in carpets. Her killer is still at large.

Reactions: Incredible Hawk
Wasn't Tammi killed near LaSalle, Illinois and her body found in Missouri? Her only Iowa connection was being a Grinnell college student. She wasn't murdered in Iowa. Her body was found wrapped in carpets. Her killer is still at large.
Most likely a Trucker is the theory correct.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Yes in Tammi's case. They actively looked for a truck with a unique pattern for years but that stalled out. Had a couple of suspects but no dna evidence and otherwise contaminated their vehicles etc. I didn't ever meet her but I used to see her around when I visited my friends at Grinnell. Very blonde girl, glasses, petite, always wore either soccer tshirts or 90s rugby tops. Gone way too soon and now so long ago.

Yeah, that’s right. I remember Grinnell residents all tying yellow ribbons around their trees as a memorial to her at the time. When the Mollie murder happened it reminded me a lot of that, although you’re right she wasn’t in Grinnell at the time she was killed.

This is interesting. I guess neighbors heard an argument at their home the night before he went missing, and then his mom refused to report him missing so someone else had to do it. I hope this means he ran away, but a neighbor says he went everywhere on his bike so he likely wouldn’t have run away without taking his bike.

I thought they are pretty sure they know who it is, and he is deceased now?

Here are similar comments from the neighbors, with one exception. This one details arguments over a prosthetic leg that mom has, and that Xavier was her helper at home because she could not get the leg on without his assistance. He also asked neighbors to stay with them at times.
When this is all said and done we are going to find out that this kid lived a very sad life. Where are the family members looking for Xavier?
https://www.kcrg.com/2021/06/03/fri...-his-mom-as-search-for-missing-boy-continues/

Here are similar comments from the neighbors, with one exception. This one details arguments over a prosthetic leg that mom has, and that Xavier was her helper at home because she could not get the leg on without his assistance. He also asked neighbors to stay with them at times.
When this is all said and done we are going to find out that this kid lived a very sad life. Where are the family members looking for Xavier?
https://www.kcrg.com/2021/06/03/fri...-his-mom-as-search-for-missing-boy-continues/
Wow, it says there were weekly shouting matches between the mom and the kid, loud enough that the neighbors could hear. Makes me wonder if that mom has a mental health problem or something. None of the articles mention anyone else in the house, just the mom and the kid shouting at each other all the time.

• Sad
Reactions: GOHOX69 and h-hawk
500 people showed up to look for the kid over the weekend, but nothing about friends or family being active.
I hate to even post this, but given that his mom apparently needed assistance in putting on her prosthetic leg, how would she have done something horrific to Xavier, and attempted a cover up without assistance?

500 people showed up to look for the kid over the weekend, but nothing about friends or family being active.
I hate to even post this, but given that his mom apparently needed assistance in putting on her prosthetic leg, how would she have done something horrific to Xavier, and attempted a cover up without assistance?

Maybe she had a barrel of "The Dip"...

ouwJPki.gif

Shouting matches between kids and parents are “common”. Not sure it points to anything in my opinion.

Shouting matches between kids and parents are “common”. Not sure it points to anything in my opinion.
Not sure I agree but regardless there are other factors pointing to the mom at the very least being someone the investigators should be focused on. For instance the mom never even reported the kid missing. The kid’s gone several days, even missing his own birthday, and he just disappears wearing pajama pants and takes nothing with him, even leaving his bike at home, and the neighbors have to report him missing because the mom won’t do it. That’s pretty weird.

Also agreed with the poster above that there would probably have to be an accomplice because all of the articles indicate the mom is semi-disabled and probably not physically capable of disposing of a body.

Anyway, I hope all of this speculation is way off and that the kid is eventually found safe but it’s not looking likely right now.

• Sad
Reactions: mattymoknows
This, like many other missing youngsters stories, is very very sad and indicates the system is broken.

I’m just getting caught up on this story. This is a sad situation where it seems like someone close to him did something.

Not sure I agree but regardless there are other factors pointing to the mom at the very least being someone the investigators should be focused on. For instance the mom never even reported the kid missing. The kid’s gone several days, even missing his own birthday, and he just disappears wearing pajama pants and takes nothing with him, even leaving his bike at home, and the neighbors have to report him missing because the mom won’t do it. That’s pretty weird.

Also agreed with the poster above that there would probably have to be an accomplice because all of the articles indicate the mom is semi-disabled and probably not physically capable of disposing of a body.

Anyway, I hope all of this speculation is way off and that the kid is eventually found safe but it’s not looking likely right now.
This. totally the mom or t he mom's BF and she's covering for him or playing dumb.....sad situation.

Reactions: Mountain Man Hawk
This is a very puzzling situation. I’m holding out beyond all hope that this boy turns up, but the foul play angle becomes more likely the longer this goes on.

Was the mom a druggie? I talked to someone from area that rumor was she had some drug debts

no idea how valid
Yes. My sister lives in the area and I talked to her recently and she told me everyone in town immediately suspected foul play with the mom or someone connected to the mom when this happened. Some of the rumors I heard about the mom were fairly concerning. Just rumors so take them with how ever many grains of salt you need. One rumor was that in the past when the kid was little the mom’s drug dealer one time took the kid and held him as ransom until the mom paid up her drug debts. There are several other rumors like that going around town.

It’s a very small town so everyone knows everyone. From what my sister said, everyone in town knew the kid and the fact that the mom was into drugs was a known issue. It sounds like you have been hearing similar things.

Last edited:
Reactions: bdg8
Yes. My sister lives in the area and I talked to her recently and she told me everyone in town immediately suspected foul play with the mom or someone connected to the mom when this happened. Some of the rumors I heard about the mom were fairly concerning. Just rumors so take them with how ever many grains of salt you need. One rumor was that in the past when the kid was little the mom’s drug dealer one time took the kid and held him as ransom until the mom paid up her drug debts. There are several other rumors like that going around town.

It’s a very small town so everyone knows everyone. From what my sister said, everyone in town knew the kid and the fact that the mom was into drugs was a known issue. It sounds like you have been hearing similar things.
Seems plausible. I find it hard to believe some random came to Montezuma and took a kid. Possible? Sure. Likely, IMO no.

Seems plausible. I find it hard to believe some random came to Montezuma and took a kid. Possible? Sure. Likely, IMO no.
That's what happened to the girl from Wisconsin. Crazy dude decided to snatch her after watching her getting off school bus. Killed her parents first though.

I’ve read this article several times and I’m still not sure I understand it. Most of the article is about the defense team in the Mollie Tibbets case asking for a new trial as evidently a prison inmate has admitted to killing her at a “trap house” in New Sharon where she was tied up. Of course none of this matches any of the testimony or evidence from that trial so it’s all confusing and may not be true.

But later in the article it says the aforementioned trap house had a connection to Xavier Harrelson, the missing boy in Montezuma as I guess the owner of that trap house was the boyfriend of Xavior’s mother. As pointed out in several posts above in this thread, it’s long been rumored that Xavior’s mom was running with a bad crowd.

Here are a few of the relevant paragraphs from the article:

The inmate reported that another inmate, that documents refer to as Inmate 2, said he was staying in a “trap house” owned by a 50-year-old man involved in the sex trafficking trade. Inmate 2 admitted he saw Mollie Tibbetts bound and gagged at a second trap house that he had gone to.

The document says Inmate 2 admitted to killing Mollie Tibbetts. The motion also claims a search warrant corroborates the “trap house” account. The account is being filed along with the Supplemental Motion for a New Trial.

The motion focuses on James Manuel Lowe, 50, said to be operating a sex trafficking ring out of 405 East Market, New Sharon, Iowa in the summer of 2018.

Cristhian Bahena Rivera’s defense team said it has found at least 10 children missing from Poweshiek County or adjoining counties from the past few years, including the Xavior Harrelson case.

The motion says an investigation discovered that James Lowe was in a relationship with Xavior’s mother, Sarah Harrelson, and they lived together for a period of time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT