ADVERTISEMENT

Molly Davis

BVHawkeye

HR Legend
Jan 6, 2003
Any report on her injury. Certainly looked like a severe leg injury!

Last edited:
Hated to see her go down. For her and for the team. Any knee injury is likely a season ender at this stage of the season. It sure looked like that could be the case anyway.

She was shooting 40% from 3s for the year - that’s hard to just replace. And clearly the coaching staff has a ton of trust in her in crunch time and when we’re being pressured. Tough, tough loss imo.

There is little doubt that she's done for the year. Major bummer.

Kylie F is the one person I'd say needs to fill the void.
Taylor M to a lesser degree, mainly for 3 point shooting lift. She clearly needs to work on her handles.
Syd A was already a major contributor an extremely valuable team member, she'll get some more minutes yet.

I agree that unless it's miraculously somehow just a sprain, she's absolutely done. It's just under 5 weeks to the Final 4 and even best case scenario of a sprain, that would be tough. Just so sad to see her end her career that way. Heartbreaking. She was great at taking pressure off of CC. That was worth a ton. The road the Final 4 is always so narrow... if we had a shot, it just got much harder. But I'm sure we all wish her the best in whatever life after being a Hawkeye looks like.

I agree that unless it's miraculously somehow just a sprain, she's absolutely done. It's just under 5 weeks to the Final 4 and even best case scenario of a sprain, that would be tough. Just so sad to see her end her career that way. Heartbreaking. She was great at taking pressure off of CC. That was worth a ton. The road the Final 4 is always so narrow... if we had a shot, it just got much harder. But I'm sure we all wish her the best in whatever life after being a Hawkeye looks like.

Even a sprain will likely end her season. We had an athlete sprain her lcl and she's out for 4-6 weeks.

Looked like the ohio state gal shoved molly and then she fell. Looked intentiional to me.

Reactions: Bro D
Looked like the ohio state gal shoved molly and then she fell. Looked intentiional to me.
Watch the replay. No shove. Molly stepped in front of the pass, landed awkwardly, and the tOSU gal reached for the ball as she realized Molly was attempting to steal.

Just because her arm went forward to grab the pass (that was intended for her) doesn't mean anything was intentional.

Watch the replay. No shove. Molly stepped in front of the pass, landed awkwardly, and the tOSU gal reached for the ball as she realized Molly was attempting to steal.

Just because her arm went forward to grab the pass (that was intended for her) doesn't mean anything was intentional.
Yep, I thought there was a push at first but the replay showed there wasn't

Anyone who has had knee injuries like me, (multiple surgeries) find no humor in your post. That little gal was giving her all on senior day, tough to see her go down. Get well soon Molly.
It was a joke. Read the OP, they said sever (not severe) hence replying it was still attached.

Reactions: Bishop-71
I loved to watch Molly play. Young lady gave her all and was a huge asset to the team. Feel really bad for her, just hope it is nothing too serious. Get well Molly.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I haven't seen any updates from the team yet

until then I'm holding out hope that it's merely a deep bruise and nothing ligament related
Doodle's old football coach had a saying, "You're hurt until proven injured." Still holding out that small glimmer of hope that it's the former for MD and not the latter.

Edit...I watched the replay again, and a few more times. And there was definitely a shove on Molly D. No question
Dude - Molly's foot landed sideways and her knee started buckling before the OSU gal even knew she was there. Take off the black and gold sunglasses. Sh!t happens.

Reactions: hawkod and nu2u
Dude - Molly's foot landed sideways and her knee started buckling before the OSU gal even knew she was there. Take off the black and gold sunglasses. Sh!t happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT