ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Molly Davis hopeful to return

Adam Jacobi

HR MVP
Staff
Dec 30, 2022
University of Iowa women’s basketball redshirt senior Molly Davis suffered an injury to her right knee against Ohio State on Sunday. The announcement came Monday by P. Sue Beckwith, MD, Head Coach Lisa Bluder.

The 5-foot-7 guard is expected to undergo physical therapy next week to improve mobility for postseason play.

“While we feel for Molly that she got injured during Senior Day, we are so thankful that the injury she sustained is not season ending,” said Bluder. “Our program has appreciated everyone’s support and prayers as we look forward to her return at some point during the postseason.”

Davis has started 26 games this season, and is averaging 6.1 points, 3.1 assists and is leading the team in assist-to-turnover ratio at +2.51. The native of Midland, Michigan, has played pivotal minutes in every game this season for the Hawkeyes.

University of Iowa women’s basketball redshirt senior Molly Davis suffered an injury to her right knee against Ohio State on Sunday. The announcement came Monday by P. Sue Beckwith, MD, Head Coach Lisa Bluder.

The 5-foot-7 guard is expected to undergo physical therapy next week to improve mobility for postseason play.

“While we feel for Molly that she got injured during Senior Day, we are so thankful that the injury she sustained is not season ending,” said Bluder. “Our program has appreciated everyone’s support and prayers as we look forward to her return at some point during the postseason.”

Davis has started 26 games this season, and is averaging 6.1 points, 3.1 assists and is leading the team in assist-to-turnover ratio at +2.51. The native of Midland, Michigan, has played pivotal minutes in every game this season for the Hawkeyes.

Reactions: Scott559
Happy Stranger Things GIF by NETFLIX

Great news

Reactions: Buffalo43
I saw on another board someone compared it to (possibly) being similar to this Laporta injury that looked terrible and then ended up not being a big deal at all.

Obviously the two situations could be completely different but it wouldn’t be the first time an injury looked terrible and ended up being minor.

One thing we are all glossing over in Molly's injury is that she made the steal on that inbound pass. It was a heads up, hustle play that she is famous for and she got the steal and the foul. If she can indeed make it back onto the court this season, that's incredible news.

Wonder if it was a sprain then, perhaps even to the kneecap, the way it was wrapped up.

Normally, ligament injuries aren't wrapped up like that and certainly not right away.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Remember when CC got hurt earlier this season, got taken back to the training room, then came back out fine a few minutes later and finished the game like nothing happened?

Good news is we still have the same medical staff to work on Molly and he’s getting his hands warmed up.
karate-kid-daniel.gif

Remember when CC got hurt earlier this season, got taken back to the training room, then came back out fine a few minutes later and finished the game like nothing happened?

Good news is we still have the same medical staff to work on Molly and he’s getting his hands warmed up.
karate-kid-daniel.gif

If Molly shoots a free throw from the Crane position, I'll pass out.

Per my source who was at practice last week, she appears fine but coaches are being cautious and bringing her back slowly. They expect her to be at or close to 100 percent by game time.
Wow. She was limping pretty bad at Big10 tournament.

I heard an interview with Jan Jensen this morning who said she was off of crutches but still limping so I wouldn't expect to see her this weekend. Maybe for the second weekend (assuming Iowa gets that far) sounds a bit more reasonable. But it's still 5 days away so who knows.

I heard an interview with Jan Jensen this morning who said she was off of crutches but still limping so I wouldn't expect to see her this weekend. Maybe for the second weekend (assuming Iowa gets that far) sounds a bit more reasonable. But it's still 5 days away so who knows.
I just don't see her coming back for this weekend and have a hard time seeing her come back at all. But who knows with today's PT maybe it can happen.

Wow. She was limping pretty bad at Big10 tournament.
Really. After the game she was jumping around and dancing during the celebration. I think with the extra week off she'll be fine. Now Molly, I'm not thinking she'll be able to play. Lisa said yesterday that she's off the crutches, but still limping, and she had hoped she'd farther along by now. She's hot ruling her out, but I don't think she's confident about it.

Saw an interview with coach Bluder yesterday. She said the same thing. Didn't sound too optimistic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT