ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Six-Pack 6/17: Caitlin gets clobbered, ‘27 offers, more

Adam Jacobi

HR MVP
Staff
Dec 30, 2022
Good afternoon and happy Monday — hope everybody had an excellent Father’s Day weekend.

1. Caitlin Clark had another excellent game yesterday — Eliot was there in Indy for it. 23 points, 9 rebounds, 8 assists and most importantly a team win for the Fever. And of course all anyone’s talking about is Angel Reese delivering a Flagrant 1 to the side of Caitlin’s head.

The takes I’ve seen on social media have been dreadful in both directions. It was correctly called a flagrant foul. They happen. Angel Reese doesn’t need to be suspended, it’s not a referendum on sexuality or race relations, and the league doesn’t owe any parties anything out of the norm as a result. If you see a media member claiming otherwise on any of those fronts, they’re not helping restore sanity to this convo, they’re perpetuating the nonsense. We don’t need that.

In matters of actual importance, the win pushes Indy to 5-10, tied for 8th in the league (8 playoff spots). Better yet, the Feeves have won 4 of their last 6 games (3-1 since finishing the Doom Gauntlet) and we’re starting to see why Aliyah Boston won ROY last year. They still miss Fagbenle, but things are not quite as dire. (Still not sure Sides makes it to next season as HC.)

2. If you haven’t checked out the pod with Pat Angerer yet, do yourself a favor and carve out 45 minutes of earbud time soon. Loved his perspective on injuries, hard work and what drew him back to talking college ball. I think he’ll be a quick fan favorite and a booth mainstay for a long time to come.

3. Some big-time offers over the past week — 2027 TE Luke Brewer of Norwalk is a biggie and I expect him to be a top priority for a LOT of power conference programs. Those offers will continue to pile up as he camps. Loved the anecdote from Eliot’s write up of fellow ‘27er Landon Blum, who got a KF offer over the weekend, about the internal recruiting already happening in the ‘27 class:

[Jaxx] DeJean -- who's also not committed to this point and has plenty of time left in his recruitment -- actually sent him a Blum a one-word text after he received the offer from Iowa:

"Roommates?"

Read more here: https://iowa.rivals.com/news/fast-rising-in-state-2027-wr-landon-blum-adds-iowa-offer

4. A couple bits of WBB news: one of the projected starters for next season is not currently practicing as she recovers from a minor procedure. More details to come as we’re able to confirm.

Separately, we’re moving ahead with an offseason profile on one of the players that I think you’ll all enjoy. UI is on board and it’s just a matter of coordinating with the subjects. Hoping for publishing by EOM, depending on when the right folks are available.

5. And speaking of availabilities, we’ve got one tomorrow—no player names given but we were told OL, DL, DB, TE, RB and WR — basically all groups except QB, LB and ST. I doubt we get full groups of each of course, but looking forward to who we do get. Keeping fingers crossed for Aaron Graves, who is due to make The Leap at DT (and just got engaged over the summer!).

6. Six-pack recommendation: Compensation by Lion Bridge.

IMG_5335.jpeg

(Pardon the stock image, I don’t have a better one)

The second LB beer I ever had (Disaster at Meux) and to this day my favorite. Super drinkable at 4.5, some sweetness but hardly cloying, pairs with any red-sauce pizza you can think of. In fact I’ve just talked myself into finding a pack and a pizza soon.

As always, thanks to each and every one of you for your continued support. We’ve got a great promotion coming up to bring in some new subscribers — feel free to pass it along to the Hawkeye fans you know when it’s live — and every like, share and everything else helps us keep bringing you quality, unbiased coverage, the way it ought to be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News