ADVERTISEMENT

Monday the 11th Womens basketball takes

ICWestfan

HR Legend
May 26, 2005
Given that Mulkey, Reese, Staley, Cardosa are trash as are the rest of the SoCar and LSU teams, what is going to be the national narrative?

I love womens college basketball, especially Iowa and the Big 10. But lost on everyone tomorrow will be the fact that Iowa won their 3rd straight tourney, and those "scrappy" SEC teams really "fought one out".

Mulkey and Staley are garbage. Trash coaches coaching trash players. They have no redeeming value.

Staley’s comments were pretty stand up after the game.

Mulkey was her usually disgusting self.
Fine if the coaches talked. I'm talking the NATIONAL talking heads. They'll excuse this as "girls" taking it to the next level or some such. No THUG behavior, nothing from the coaches other than "hard play" or "tough kids".

Nothing about the Iowa team, or the Nebby team, nothing about any other conference tourney. Just "kids playing hard".

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Fine if the coaches talked. I'm talking the NATIONAL talking heads. They'll excuse this as "girls" taking it to the next level or some such. No THUG behavior, nothing from the coaches other than "hard play" or "tough kids".

Nothing about the Iowa team, or the Nebby team, nothing about any other conference tourney. Just "kids playing hard".
So you’re mad at the players, coaches or the talking heads?

I’m really waiting to see how the conversations go on the AM shows. I’m hoping someone calls out today’s trashy behavior, but I’m preparing to be underwhelmed.

Not mad at anyone other than the SEC trash. I'm speaking to the talking heads- will it be about the Big 10/other conferences or will it be about the SEC trash?
I think it will be about the most eventful thing unfortunately.

I’m waiting to see if the guy who came onto the court, the brother of one of the SC players involved, gets charged with anything? The tempers of the players will be written off, but you can’t let some moron run onto the court like that. What was he going to do? Was it his intent to hurt someone?

I’m waiting to see if the guy who came onto the court, the brother of one of the SC players involved, gets charged with anything? The tempers of the players will be written off, but you can’t let some moron run onto the court like that. What was he going to do? Was it his intent to hurt someone?
That could have gotten really bad. It’s a good thing he didn’t make it out onto the court.

Didn’t look like he was out there to mix it up. Looked like he jumped out there to protect his sister. Cop pulls him away and walks him down the Court. Haven’t heard if charges were filed.

Pretty quick response from the officer. Nice work.

I’m really waiting to see how the conversations go on the AM shows. I’m hoping someone calls out today’s trashy behavior, but I’m preparing to be underwhelmed.
Is Lebron playing or a Cowboys contract extension upcoming? If not it’s a blurb. Which sucks.

It was Flau'jae Johnson's brother. LSU. Not SC.

So, not much coverage. the NFL FA orgy is consuming a lot of airtime.
Random thoughts, someone at SC wrote a very nice apology for Cardoso. Staley was gracious, but she's owned LSU for 5+ years. Mulkey wasn't gracious, which probably has something to do with being owned by Staley since she took the LSU job. I wish someone would ask Angel Reese how she'd like to mix it up with Cardoso since Mulkey went out of her way to suggest it. And, speaking of Mulkey, stop wearing an outfit that makes you look like a cast member of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat while talking about how tough you and your players are.

So, not much coverage. the NFL FA orgy is consuming a lot of airtime.
Random thoughts, someone at SC wrote a very nice apology for Cardoso. Staley was gracious, but she's owned LSU for 5+ years. Mulkey wasn't gracious, which probably has something to do with being owned by Staley since she took the LSU job. I wish someone would ask Angel Reese how she'd like to mix it up with Cardoso since Mulkey went out of her way to suggest it. And, speaking of Mulkey, stop wearing an outfit that makes you look like a cast member of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat while talking about how tough you and your players are.
naN.gif

Didn’t look like he was out there to mix it up. Looked like he jumped out there to protect his sister. Cop pulls him away and walks him down the Court. Haven’t heard if charges were filed.

Pretty quick response from the officer. Nice work.
Charges were filed.

"To get over the table, Milton came from behind the table, pushed down on the victim’s head, and stepped on her shoulders to jump over," GPD spokesperson Diana Munoz said. "Two other spectators jumped over the wall but did not reach the court because officers stopped them."

Good to see charges filed, and good to see Cardoso will miss a game. 2 would be better, but at least she is being punished.

And, speaking of Mulkey, stop wearing an outfit that makes you look like a cast member of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat while talking about how tough you and your players are.
Actually I thought her outfit yesterday was relatively subdued. Very little plumage to speak of.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Charges were filed.

"To get over the table, Milton came from behind the table, pushed down on the victim’s head, and stepped on her shoulders to jump over," GPD spokesperson Diana Munoz said. "Two other spectators jumped over the wall but did not reach the court because officers stopped them."
Milton is charged with assault and battery, third degree, and disorderly conduct. He was being held at the Greenville County Detention Center before posting bond Monday.

Fool around and figure it out, right?

The talking heads on CBS after the Iowa game repeated Staley's post game comments about "in the heat of the moment", then sort of giggled and said they really shouldn't do that. Hee hee.

I don't get it. Those were 2 top teams in the country that had a bar fight. Lisa Bluder uses the term "bar fight" and it offended Staley - but an actual bar fight is just "heat of the moment" stuff?

If the Hawks play either of those teams CC needs to wear armor.

Given that Mulkey, Reese, Staley, Cardosa are trash as are the rest of the SoCar and LSU teams, what is going to be the national narrative?

I love womens college basketball, especially Iowa and the Big 10. But lost on everyone tomorrow will be the fact that Iowa won their 3rd straight tourney, and those "scrappy" SEC teams really "fought one out".

Mulkey and Staley are garbage. Trash coaches coaching trash players. They have no redeeming value.
The national media I listened to today was all but begging for Iowa to make a deep run into the NCAA's this spring. There's a lot of not so subtle lobbying to make sure Iowa avoids South Carolina until the championship game. At least in the moments they were talking about women's basketball.

The national media I listened to today was all but begging for Iowa to make a deep run into the NCAA's this spring. There's a lot of not so subtle lobbying to make sure Iowa avoids South Carolina until the championship game.
That’s how it should be, regardless of potential tv ratings. SC will obviously be the top overall seed and Iowa will most likely be #2, so they shouldn’t meet until the title game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT