ADVERTISEMENT

More Fascism from Rhonda Santis: Florida Launches Investigation Into University After DeSantis Pick Doesn’t Become Finalist To Be President

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
@goldmom Tagging you so you don't miss it...

The Orlando Sentinel reports:

The state will launch a formal investigation into Florida Atlantic University’s presidential search, rejecting the university’s request to end the matter quickly and increasing speculation that the ultimate goal is to place a political ally of Gov. Ron DeSantis into the role.
The inspector general for the Board of Governors, the policy-making body for the state’s public universities, will conduct a formal investigation into “anomalies” in FAU’s presidential search, System Chancellor Ray Rodrigues wrote in a letter this week to Brad Levine, who chairs the FAU search committee and Board of Trustees.
FAU was set to hold public forums for the three finalists this week until Rodrigues sent a letter Friday afternoon asking it to be paused, citing two concerns. Rodrigues questioned a search committee’s use of secret ballots in the first round of narrowing candidates as well as a search firm’s voluntary questionnaire that asked about applicants’ sexual orientation and gender identity.

Why is that fascism?

I mean: if you believe that a mouth-breathing troglodyte like Randy Fine is capable of leading an institute of higher education, all the power to you.

Narrator: he’s not.

Background of the three finalists for the record:

xl8pUhJ.jpg

So…yeah…an “investigation” is a wee bit strong-handed.

Reactions: BelemNole
I mean: if you believe that a mouth-breathing troglodyte like Randy Fine is capable of leading an institute of higher education, all the power to you.

Narrator: he’s not.

Background of the three finalists for the record:

xl8pUhJ.jpg

So…yeah…an “investigation” is a wee bit strong-handed.
Investigations are fascist...got it.

I always thought unlawfully imprisoning people was fascist.

Installing a political crony to a position in which the job demands a little more than owning libs on Twitter or on the statehouse floor is certainly suspect.

I used the term “strong-handed” for the record btw
Fair point....I think "strong handed" is a better desciption than "fascist".

Which get's thrown around way too much...

Labels aside, what is your take?
Kind of agree with the "strong handed" take by 95hawk. But launching an investigation isn't the same as arresting your political opponents and throwing them in jail...which is basically the "fascist" way of doing things. If launching investigations is fascism then I think we have a severe "fascism" problem in the U.S....MAGA is literally making the same argument in regards to "crossfire hurricane"......

I just think the "Fascist" label get's thrown around so inappropriately and often that it's ridiculous at this point.

Last edited:
Kind of agree with the "strong handed" take by 95hawk. But launching an investigation isn't the same as arresting your political opponents and throwing them in jail...which is basically the "fascist" way of doing things. If launching investigations is fascism then I think we have a severe "fascism" problem in the U.S....MAGA ia literally make the same argument in regards to "crossfire hurricane"......

I just think the "Fascist" label get's thrown around so inappropriately and often that it's ridiculous at this point.
I agree. Hyperbole is ridiculous today. However, I would argue a lot of Trump/MAGA and DeSantis crap is pretty ridiculous in its own right. No, it doesn’t rise to the level of “Taliban is MAGA, MAGA is Taliban,” but that doesn’t mean it’s not downright awful.

I’ve seen the term “desecrations” used by some poster. Lol. While that is a new one for me when used in that context, I’m perfectly okay with it when characterizing the Trump-inspired nonsense we see today.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Looks like Iowa and Florida have another thing in common. Controversial University president hirings.

35091714-35091714.jpg

You know what he’s saying. DeSantis is wrongfully using his power in a way that has fascist overtones.
He's just trolling... or he's not smart. And, I previously thought he was smart but misguided... the jury is out now ;)

I have little doubt that the "investigation" was initiated to stall the process and pressure them to hire Fine as the new president. He'll likely end up with the job, and it will likely come with an absurdly, indefensibly high salary. No different than when that dickhead Corcoran got appointed as interim Prez at New College, earning a salary comparable to the Presidents at FSU & UCF). Oh, and New College is the size of a small high school...about 650 students.
Those fiscally conservative Republicans.....

"the supremacy of both the nation and the single, powerful leader over individuals "... Rhonda doesn't get who she wants so she launches an investigation...
She? What is this? Heterohate? Pronoun prejudiced much?

Are you quoting Hitler? Be very careful. You wouldn’t want to end up on Moms for Liberty’s mailing list. 😏
So investigations are fascism?

An actual Fascist wouldn't launch an investigation...they'd arrest and send to a concentration camp 😆
My Dad fought in a war against REAL Fascists and the phrase gets thrown around by people who would have been lined up and shot by those real fascists.
They’ll stop using the term when it’s no longer useful to the left.

She? What is this? Heterohate? Pronoun prejudiced much?

Are you quoting Hitler? Be very careful. You wouldn’t want to end up on Moms for Liberty’s mailing list. 😏

My Dad fought in a war against REAL Fascists and the phrase gets thrown around by people who would have been lined up and shot by those real fascists.
They’ll stop using the term when it’s no longer useful to the left.
We live in a age of hyperbole...

Why folks think exaggerating to the point of ridiculousness strengthens an argument is beyond me...

That...or it makes it hard to take the accusations seriously.
Nah, it’s a convenient diversion. Focus on the labels instead of the real issue.

At least you gave a half-hearted objection. Others haven’t and will not, but will instead give a like to every post complaining about the use of “fascism” and go on their merry way.

Nah, it’s a convenient diversion. Focus on the labels instead of the real issue.

At least you gave a half-hearted objection. Others haven’t and will not, but will instead give a like to every post complaining about the use of “fascism” and go on their merry way.
Why not take away that dodge? Hyperbole is never good strategy in a debate.

Why not take away that dodge? Hyperbole is never good strategy in a debate.
I wouldn’t have used the label as I think the incident is inappropriate enough and is yet the latest example of why RDS isn’t fit for any office.

But, it’s not that far of a stretch to use the term when describing DeSantis and his governing philosophy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT