ADVERTISEMENT

More of Mayberry Police Force in action....Andy, Barney and Goober...

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
Right out of ther pages of the Andy Griffith Show......sorry folks you can't make this stuff up!

In Oklahome, a prisoner breaks free and runs from a county sheriff. A chase ensues and the suspect is wrestled to the ground. The arresting officer orders his partner to "taze" the prisoner so control could be gained. The next thing you hear is a gunshot....and the deputy saying, "I'm sorry." The "volunteer" shot the prisoner DEAD!
confused0003.r191677.gif

The deputy (a volunteer...a 72 year old volunteer) accidently shot the prisoner with his service gun as opposed to shooting him with his tazer! The ace couldn't tell the difference between a tazer and his service revolver? Holy keeeerist! All caught on camera, too!
Body and dash cams are a good thing. The only folks they hurt are criminals and bad cops. We have known for a long time that there are many criminals out there.....what we are learning is that there are also a lot of bad cops out there, too.

Win/win. A douche who ran from custody and would probably be a repeat offender is gone, and it shines a light on bad cops/procedure
Posted from Rivals Mobile

This story is hilarious. Volunteer cops? Retire and become a cop In between bingo nights. They even give you a loaded gun. OMG! Stronger unions would stop shit like this.

There is nothing hilarious about a wrongful death.

A union would have prevented this? WTH? Give it a rest, Cesar Chavez.

The old volunteer got excited and pulled the gun instead of the taser. You can bet the volunteer will get what is coming to him/her.

How does a volunteer rate both a gun and a taser? Talk about overkill.

Barney Fife only got one bullet and he kept it in his breast pocket so it would give Andy enough time to talk Barney out of actually using it.

Originally posted by ClarindaA's:
Win/win. A douche who ran from custody and would probably be a repeat offender is gone, and it shines a light on bad cops/procedure

I'm going with trolling, because you couldn't be this stupid and still be smart enough to register for this site.

Originally posted by theiacowtipper:

I'm going with trolling, because you couldn't be this stupid and still be smart enough to register for this site.
little bit of trolling, little bit of truth. Who breaks away from the cops and goes on to a positive life?

How bout the cop who kept his knee on his head as he was gasping for air and said "F&$% your breath"? Or the way they keep handcuffing dead people? I think they need some training on how to follow through in these situations, other than placing a taser near the perp.

little bit of trolling, little bit of truth. Who breaks away from the cops and goes on to a positive life?

I'll give you an example. I had a high school classmate who ran from the state patrol after they had clocked him for speeding. He may have been drinking as well but that was a long time ago. He was caught and punished. He is now an upstanding citizen, kids, house, great job. There is no death penalty for running from the police, well, maybe in Texas.

He originally ran from the cops because he got caught selling an illegal firearm to an undercover cop... not saying that made him deserving of getting shot, but...

I'll give you an example. I had a high school classmate who ran from the state patrol after they had clocked him for speeding. He may have been drinking as well but that was a long time ago. He was caught and punished. He is now an upstanding citizen, kids, house, great job. There is no death penalty for running from the police, well, maybe in Texas.
I've done that...I'm talking about being in custody and running

Originally posted by coloradonoles:

He originally ran from the cops because he got caught selling an illegal firearm to an undercover cop... not saying that made him deserving of getting shot, but...
Sounds like he was just using his 2nd amendment rights.

Originally posted by INXS83:
There is nothing hilarious about a wrongful death.

A union would have prevented this? WTH? Give it a rest, Cesar Chavez.

The old volunteer got excited and pulled the gun instead of the taser. You can bet the volunteer will get what is coming to him/her.

How does a volunteer rate both a gun and a taser? Talk about overkill.

Barney Fife only got one bullet and he kept it in his breast pocket so it would give Andy enough time to talk Barney out of actually using it.
INX...this has NOTHING o do with "unions" at all. It has a lot to do with incompetence, though. In fact I would bet that there is a "union" that does represent this law enforcement agency.
PLUS.....now it has come out that this volunteer appears to have "bought" his way into his volunteer position by gifting law enforcement agencies much equipment and $$$$ over the years. Plus, this guy is 5 years my senior,,,,,he's 71 years old. Apparently a "wannabe" of HROT standards.
Plus, understand this....Doesn't it seem a bit unusual that a VOLUNTEER cop is accompanying law enforcement on a "sting" operation? WTF is that about? What was the particular law enforcement agency thinking about here?
To me a negligent homicide case is more appropriate than the actual charge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT