ADVERTISEMENT

More than 80 percent of Ukrainians not prepared to cede territory in return for peace, poll finds

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
A poll conducted by the Kyiv International Institute of Sociology this month found that 82 percent of Ukrainians are not prepared to give up any of Ukraine’s land, even if it means the war will drag on.
Only 10 percent believe that giving up land is worth it to end the invasion, while 8 percent were undecided, according to the poll conducted between May 13 and last Wednesday.
The sample did not include residents of territories that were temporarily not controlled by the Ukrainian authorities until Feb. 24 — such as Crimea, Sevastopol and some districts of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions. The survey was not conducted with citizens who went abroad after Feb. 24.

They are backed by the most powerful nations in the world and are 12 months from being the same corrupt Ukraine we have always thought of, I wouldn't fold my hand if I were them either.

Reactions: KFSuperStar
Zelensky said just this week it only ends in diplomacy. He probably has a better idea than anybody what it would take for negotiations to work.

It may not take ceding land. It may take neutrality and no Nato. Zelensky probably needs the US to get involved because we would add a new dimension and would be negotiating from strength.

This is all pointless unless they are admitted to NATO, because we will have round 3 in a few years without it

That said, Ukraine will do what its arms suppliers tell them to do. If the West tells them to go to the negotiating table, they're going to the negotiating table

That said, Ukraine will do what its arms suppliers tell them to do. If the West tells them to go to the negotiating table, they're going to the negotiating table
Yes and vice versa. Still though, it's only Ukrainians fighting, so they may want to reach an agreement before Washington wants them to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT