ADVERTISEMENT

Movies that you are looking forward to for 2020.

lucas80

HB King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
This is looking like another fine year for movies.
Here is a list off some of the offerings.
Black Widow.
Wonder Woman 1984
West Side Story. Gotta be honest, I loves me some musicals.
Doolittle
Birds of Prey, which is the movie that follows Harley Quinn.
Sonic the Hedgehog.
Onward, which is the latest Pixar offering.
No Time To Die.
There will be a live action remake of Mulan.
Top Gun: Maverick.
Dune.
Greyhound, which looks very promising. It starts Tom Hanks as the commander of a convoy sailing in the North Atlantic in 1942.

AGHdrC8.jpg

This is usually a bad sign but Amy Adams has what looked like a good movie coming out later than planned. Test audiences found the last part of the film confusing and the reshoot had to wait until after she finished her film for Ron Howard, also coming out this year.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Top Gun: Maverick
Bill and Ted Face the Music
The Gentlemen
Candyman (Remake)
Morbius
Last Night in Soho
Godzilla Vs. Kong
Coming 2 America

With that said, I'll probably go see none of these in the theatre. lol

Hadn't heard this? What's the storyline?

It is an origin story about Tony as a young adult. Will have unknown characters like Chris’s old man (Dickie) along with known characters like Tony’s old man and assuming Uncle Jr. A young Paulie as well.

James Godolfini’s son will play Anthony. Jon Bernthal will play Tony Sr. Basically it will be about the “golden era” that Tony would talk to Dr Melfi about.

The King 's Man (the Kingsman prequel) should be out next month, I think.

Ok...just saw it's not until September.

Last edited:
I'll give it a shot but James Gandolfini was the Sapranos to me. Has to be better than that Deadwood movie though.

This the story of Tony’s dad and Junior. I know that James Gandolfini’s son is the movie

Reactions: Moral
For me top movies for 2020

Tennet
Black Widow
Enternals-because I have no idea what to except
Dune

Black Widow.
Wonder Woman 1984
Doolittle
Sonic the Hedgehog.
No Time To Die.
Dune.
Greyhound, which looks very promising. It starts Tom Hanks as the commander of a convoy sailing in the North Atlantic in 1942.
Like you i enjoy musicals a lot. There's an In The Heights movie coming out that I'm looking forward to.

Reactions: lucas80
I saw the trailers for the new Pixar movie Onward, and Mulan today. Looks like another big hit for Pixar, and Mulan will make $1 billion. I wouldn’t be shocked if they had the cast do a script in Chinese as they filmed it, versus a lower quality dubbed version.

I definitely want to see Dune. I remain skeptical that they can do the novel/series justice on screen. However, it has to be better than the 1980s crappy version.

It would probably work better as a TV series

Reactions: dandh
I will probably make a point to watch a few of those when they hit prime. But the only one I was aware was coming out was the Top Gun movie.

Although Greyhound sounds pretty promising from what you are saying. Tom Hanks did pretty good in his previous World War 2 flick.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
Black Widow.
Wonder Woman 1984
Doolittle
Sonic the Hedgehog.
No Time To Die.
Dune.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Top Gun: Maverick
Bill and Ted Face the Music
The Gentlemen
Candyman (Remake)
Morbius
Last Night in Soho
Godzilla Vs. Kong
Coming 2 America

With that said, I'll probably go see none of these in the theatre. lol

I'm intrigued by the Ghostbusters trailer I saw. No interest in Coming 2 America (sorry Eddie).

I'm also interested in Mulan, I liked the trailer. The best of the Disney remakes have been the ones where they dumped the songs.

Would appreciate feedback from people who see Doolittle. Trailer looks fun and I like Downey, but Ioved the original.

We saw The Gentlemen tonight. It's a snappy movie with some solid talent in it. The plot isn't exactly air tight or without predictability, but, it was still a decent watch.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT