ADVERTISEMENT

Multiple Iowa schools hit by swatting attacks yesterday

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
A lady at the gym said she was sitting across from the high school in West Branch getting ready to take something in to one of her kids and she saw multiple police/sheriff cars pull in, and the officers jumped out guns drawn and ran into the school. She was still emotional about it this morning, and I can't say I blame her knowing school shootings can happen anywhere and at any time in the US.
I might have started, or participated in a thread about swatting awhile back. There is the belief that many of these attacks are coming from one individual overseas. Either a random psycho, or someone working for, or at the direction of, a foreign government trying to sow fear.
https://www.kcrg.com/2024/01/17/multiple-iowa-schools-placed-lockdown-following-swat-calls/

Reactions: BelemNole
happens a lot to live streamers. some anonymous viewer finds their location, and then tips off their local police they have contraband.
I knew that part, but I know there's been some folks over the last few weeks that are very vocal Trump critics that have had it happen too.

Reactions: Moral and millah_22
A problem and I’m not sure how you fix.

So I’ll just say AI

Reactions: Moral
A problem and I’m not sure how you fix.

So I’ll just say AI
Say it again
Allen-Iverson.jpg

I knew that part, but I know there's been some folks over the last few weeks that are very vocal Trump critics that have had it happen too.
Critics, and people on his enemies list. Judges. Prosecutors. Reporters.

Reactions: McLovin32
It really sucks that this is being done, is there some way to validate a 911 call prior to going in full alert? I am not saying to ignore the call, just adjust protocol so the responders don't end up making a mistake with an unsuspecting, innocent person.

I assume these bogus calls are untraceable. If they are traceable then let's send the SWAT team to the source of the call and let them "air things out".

Reactions: HawkBall23
There is a very special place in hell waiting for the person/people making these calls if they are purposefully erroneus, IE "just having fun".

Reactions: millah_22
There is a very special place in hell waiting for the person/people making these calls if they are purposefully erroneus, IE "just having fun".
Especially the people that try to call in swats to their target's family. Like swatting someone they hate's parents or grandparents.

Reactions: HawkBall23
Seems like there's been a lot of swatting calls in general lately, not just at schools.
I've seen reports on this. Guess Judges, political officials and celebrities have been having it done to them. Crazy stuff.

A lady at the gym said she was sitting across from the high school in West Branch getting ready to take something in to one of her kids and she saw multiple police/sheriff cars pull in, and the officers jumped out guns drawn and ran into the school. She was still emotional about it this morning, and I can't say I blame her knowing school shootings can happen anywhere and at any time in the US.
I might have started, or participated in a thread about swatting awhile back. There is the belief that many of these attacks are coming from one individual overseas. Either a random psycho, or someone working for, or at the direction of, a foreign government trying to sow fear.
https://www.kcrg.com/2024/01/17/multiple-iowa-schools-placed-lockdown-following-swat-calls/
****ing Republicans

Technology to do these things is advancing faster than tech to stop it.

Some people are going to get killed one of these days

The issue is it’s typically not locals. It’s foreign dudes/bots using number spoofing.
As I mentioned earlier. Some are angry, immature locals, and there seems to be a component coming from overseas. Are those angry immature people, or is this something more sinister? And, how is that fought? I don't know how you defeat a foreign intelligence agency trying to cause chaos like this when it's as easy as a phone call?

As I mentioned earlier. Some are angry, immature locals, and there seems to be a component coming from overseas. Are those angry immature people, or is this something more sinister? And, how is that fought? I don't know how you defeat a foreign intelligence agency trying to cause chaos like this when it's as easy as a phone call?

My idea with AI earlier was using it to detect voice inflection patterns to “score” if authentic or not.

The DCI has announced that they are investigating swatting attacks against 13 schools, and are asking for help from the Feds. Legislation has been proposed to increase penalties in Iowa.
https://www.kcrg.com/2024/01/23/iow...ting-after-13-schools-receive-swatting-calls/
Hopefully Special Agent Sanger is on it.

All kidding aside, if it is locals, I am sure there are ways to find them. I doubt most are smart enough to use an untraceable phone. Penalties should be fairly harsh, as this could easily lead to some really bad outcomes. Didn't a couple youtubers a while back cause a random death?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT