ADVERTISEMENT

My co-workers suck

BelemNole

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
Been out with covid this week. Fever been kicking my ass. Told people in the office, set my status to “off-line” in teams. Still getting people scheduling me for calls, sending me emails asking for status updates, sending me teams messages every day asking if I’m back yet.
One dude sent me 17 emails Monday and another 7 on Tuesday. Wanted to know if I’d be on his call yesterday and then scheduled me for another today.
I have a whole team that can do the work but it would require him to submit a request like the rest of the office.

I don't have COVID (hope you get better soon) but certainly feel the pain of getting away from work. I don't remember the last PTO day I had were I wasn't at some point on my phone or laptop doing something work related. It's a bitch. Some approvals roll through me and while there are a handful of others that can approve as well, I'm usually the fastest in there looking it over so when I'm gone things tend to not move as quickly.

I always tell myself "I'm putting down my phone and turning off notifications" and while I do, I always find myself looking at my inbox or checking Teams. I hate falling behind and I get anxious that there is something in my inbox that god forbid, couldn't wait a couple days.

Been out with covid this week. Fever been kicking my ass. Told people in the office, set my status to “off-line” in teams. Still getting people scheduling me for calls, sending me emails asking for status updates, sending me teams messages every day asking if I’m back yet.
One dude sent me 17 emails Monday and another 7 on Tuesday. Wanted to know if I’d be on his call yesterday and then scheduled me for another today.
I have a whole team that can do the work but it would require him to submit a request like the rest of the office.
How did you get COVID? Not fully vaxxed?

I am dealing with Covid this week too. Beware peeps, there is a stealth wave hitting right now. These summer waves are the new norm due to travel and congregating in mass in AC areas.

My coworkers stepped up happy to report.

turn off notifications

My Work Is Done Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

You're feeling well enough to piss away the day on HORT; surely if you're well enough to do such an important task, you could do suck it up and do some damn work.
I’ll probably get on the 2pm call today. Fever hasn’t spiked yet today so maybe I’m thru the worst of it.
Mostly I’m just annoyed with this pm. He a clown and his project is off the rails and in response he calls me 3-4 times a day. He just randomly video calls me all day long, so fuking rude. I have a dozen other projects this week - your poor management is t my emergency.

I am dealing with Covid this week too. Beware peeps, there is a stealth wave hitting right now. These summer waves are the new norm due to travel and congregating in mass in AC areas.

My coworkers stepped up happy to report.
Yeah, apparently a big spike right now with a pretty infectious strain. I got it from my wife, I’m assuming she got it from her boyfriend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT