ADVERTISEMENT

My Football Position by Position Grades in the Spring

KirbyHawk75

HB Heisman
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
QB: B-.....CJB has not proven himself to be a starting QB yet. He has looked good, but how will be as a full time starter? Behind him there is no experience. Tyler Wiegers has talent but unproven. Behind them are two true freshmen from Iowa who are definitely not ready to play.
RB: B.... Daniels and Canzeri are a nice duo but neither of them have proven to stay healthy. Wadley has potential. At FB, we have a lot of depth.
WR: C+...Tevaun Smith is very good. Matt VandeBerg is good. I like their starters. Their depth is a major concern. Jacob Hillyer is inconsistent. Has always been. Andrew Stone and Riley McCarron? Andre Harris has done nothing. Is Jay Scheel ready? We have to really hope that some of our kids can contribute. Can Jonathan Parker be a WR?
TE: A-....Possibly the best position on the team. Duzey, Kittle, and HKC all have experience. I expect a great year out of Duzey. I have heard good things about Wisnieski as well.
OL: C....Austin Blythe is one of the best centers in the league. I like Simmons. Jordan Walsh and Sean Welsh have a lot of experience but has not really shown much. OT is very concerning. Scherff is a huge loss. A former walk-on, with little experience is replacing him at LT. Depth is a major concern.
DL: C+..Drew Ott moves them up to a C+... He is very good. Nate Meier is starting once again. I just think he should not be a starter in the BIg Ten, but has had a solid player. Depth at DE is a major concern. Iowa just has not been able to recruit DE's. Spears has been around forever and has never really played. Matt Nelson? Is he ready? Parker Hesse? I guess I will have to see. At DT, we lose two NFL players. At least we have Johnson back. He is a very nice player. Bazata, is a nice young player. Lets hope Cooper comes back.. Faith E has a lot of experience too.
LB: C...I really hope Ben Niemann is ready to contribute. How many teams in the Big Ten would Jewell and Bower start for? Depth is also a concern. Cole Fisher and Travis Perry have experience. Hopefully, one or more of their freshmen can contribute.
CB: A-..I really like Mabin and King a lot at CB. Draper and Fleming also have a lot of experience. At Safety Lomax is a nice player. It will be interesting to see who will start between Taylor and Snyder. I like what I saw from Gair.

Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News