ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Camp 2024

This feels about the fourth season in a row where we think "the OL has to be better this time." Hopefully it finally comes true.
Agree....I just feel like the offensive line will benefit from Lester's direction. More motion....RPO holds creates seams and gaps if the QB reads the D properly....a solid running game will REALLY help the pass protection. Boy what a difference a top 50 offense would mean to this program while the Defense remains on fire. Also believe our WRs and TEs are going to see a bunch less of the ol' 5 yard out pattern and be using the entire field...including RBs out of the backfield.

Ok...putting the Kool-Aid away for now.

Reactions: sober_teacher
1. On defense, only concern (slight) is the DL. I think the first 4-6 are good. After that, a lot of question marks.
2. On ST, I have 2 concerns (one slight, the other moderate). Slight - Has Stevens recovered from his terrible last few weeks of the season? Moderate - Can Rhys be consistent from punt to punt? We know he has the leg, but can he consistently hit quality punts?
3. On offense, I have no concerns with RB, TE, or really QB (outside of health, but it's football....anyone can be injured at any time) now that we've gotten at least decently serviceable backups. The two concerns are with WR and OL, and with WR, it's really the outside guys. Slot seems to be in pretty capable (albeit inexperienced) hands in Kaleb, Wetjen, and even Washington. If nothing else, all 3 seems to be quick twitch, athletic guys. It's the guys on the outside I'm wondering about. Anderson, outside of the first game, didn't really show anything. Buie and Howard have no real game experience to speak of, and everyone else is extremely young. With OL, we really only have 1 tackle and like 6 guards. If Richman can stay healthy, I think the new schemes and improved passing game concepts will help the OL immensely and make up for an overall lack of talent. How much it helps remains to be seen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT